I need help in trying to get hi-fi audio out from my computer

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by kirkzeusNOSPAM@hotmail.com, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Hi all

    I have something like 100 audio CDs which I am fed up with keep on
    changing on my Hi-Fi's CD player. I would like to be able to copy all
    these CDs onto my computers' large hard disc drive and then connect
    the sound card from my computer into my hi-fi's amplifier.

    The questions I have are:

    1) what type of sound card ( i.e. what specifications to look for and
    any recommended makes/models) would I need to buy to ensure that the
    computer can deliver hi-fi (i.e. CD player) quality into my hi-fi
    amplifier?

    2) What would be a clean and efficient programme to run on the
    computer to enable playing (ideally in a random order) of the stored
    CDs (i.e. .wav files) on the hard disc?

    3) ultimately I would like to be able to connect the video output of
    the computer into my TV's auxiliary input (via S-Video) so that I can
    see what tracks are being played by the computer's media player
    programme in 2) above. What would be a good video card to achieve
    this?

    4) finally, is there a way of using a programmable remote control to
    interface with the computer's media player programme so that tracks
    can be individually selected?

    Phew, I know this is a big ask, but can it be done and how would I do
    it?

    Thanks in advance for your help

    --
    To reply, take NOSPAM out of my email address.

    , Apr 27, 2004

  2. In article <>, Daniel <> was seen to type:
    <tpf>
    >> I have something like 100 audio CDs which I am fed up with keep on
    >> changing on my Hi-Fi's CD player. I would like to be able to copy all
    >> these CDs onto my computers' large hard disc drive and then connect
    >> the sound card from my computer into my hi-fi's amplifier.
    >>
    >> The questions I have are:
    >>
    >> 1) what type of sound card ( i.e. what specifications to look for and
    >> any recommended makes/models) would I need to buy to ensure that the
    >> computer can deliver hi-fi (i.e. CD player) quality into my hi-fi
    >> amplifier?
    >>
    >> 2) What would be a clean and efficient programme to run on the
    >> computer to enable playing (ideally in a random order) of the stored
    >> CDs (i.e. .wav files) on the hard disc?
    >>
    >> 3) ultimately I would like to be able to connect the video output of
    >> the computer into my TV's auxiliary input (via S-Video) so that I can
    >> see what tracks are being played by the computer's media player
    >> programme in 2) above. What would be a good video card to achieve
    >> this?
    >>
    >> 4) finally, is there a way of using a programmable remote control to
    >> interface with the computer's media player programme so that tracks
    >> can be individually selected?
    >>
    >> Phew, I know this is a big ask, but can it be done and how would I do
    >> it?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for your help

    >I have a friend who has made is own IR interface that conectects to

    the
    >seral port of his computer, and then he got a cheap remote from cash
    >converts or whatevea and programed the buttens to do what he

    wanted... he
    >run's linux.. and i dont know how he did it if you like i could ask

    him.

    I'd like. I'd like VERY much (having a few difficulties getting
    sound/midi to work properly). Likewise if they can recomend an mp3
    player.

    Thanks

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Tim Price Guest

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:34:25 +1200, kirkzeusNOSPAM wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > I have something like 100 audio CDs which I am fed up with keep on
    > changing on my Hi-Fi's CD player. I would like to be able to copy all
    > these CDs onto my computers' large hard disc drive and then connect
    > the sound card from my computer into my hi-fi's amplifier.
    >
    > The questions I have are:
    >
    > 1) what type of sound card ( i.e. what specifications to look for and
    > any recommended makes/models) would I need to buy to ensure that the
    > computer can deliver hi-fi (i.e. CD player) quality into my hi-fi
    > amplifier?
    >
    > 2) What would be a clean and efficient programme to run on the
    > computer to enable playing (ideally in a random order) of the stored
    > CDs (i.e. .wav files) on the hard disc?
    >
    > 3) ultimately I would like to be able to connect the video output of
    > the computer into my TV's auxiliary input (via S-Video) so that I can
    > see what tracks are being played by the computer's media player
    > programme in 2) above. What would be a good video card to achieve
    > this?

    Any nvidia or ATI card with Video in / Out will do the job.

    > 4) finally, is there a way of using a programmable remote control to
    > interface with the computer's media player programme so that tracks
    > can be individually selected?
    >
    > Phew, I know this is a big ask, but can it be done and how would I do
    > it?

    The answer to the rest of your questions can probably be achieved by
    getting one of the higher end Creative sound cards. They tend to give you
    all sorts of cool stuff like remote controls that can control their
    creative media center software.

    Tim Price, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Daniel Guest

    I have a friend who has made is own IR interface that conectects to the
    seral port of his computer, and then he got a cheap remote from cash
    converts or whatevea and programed the buttens to do what he wanted... he
    run's linux.. and i dont know how he did it if you like i could ask him.

    Daniel

    Daniel, Apr 27, 2004
  5. Andrew Dixon Guest

    Check out www.lirc.org for the remote control side of things (linux
    software). and http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/ for the windows version.

    "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    message news:Crmjc.4898$...
    > In article <>, Daniel <> was seen

    to type:

    Andrew Dixon, Apr 27, 2004
  6. Dave Taylor Guest

    wrote in

    > Hi all
    >
    > I have something like 100 audio CDs which I am fed up with keep on
    > changing on my Hi-Fi's CD player. I would like to be able to copy all
    > these CDs onto my computers' large hard disc drive and then connect
    > the sound card from my computer into my hi-fi's amplifier.
    >
    > The questions I have are:
    >
    > 1) what type of sound card ( i.e. what specifications to look for and
    > any recommended makes/models) would I need to buy to ensure that the
    > computer can deliver hi-fi (i.e. CD player) quality into my hi-fi
    > amplifier?
    >
    > 2) What would be a clean and efficient programme to run on the
    > computer to enable playing (ideally in a random order) of the stored
    > CDs (i.e. .wav files) on the hard disc?
    >
    > 3) ultimately I would like to be able to connect the video output of
    > the computer into my TV's auxiliary input (via S-Video) so that I can
    > see what tracks are being played by the computer's media player
    > programme in 2) above. What would be a good video card to achieve
    > this?
    >
    > 4) finally, is there a way of using a programmable remote control to
    > interface with the computer's media player programme so that tracks
    > can be individually selected?
    >
    > Phew, I know this is a big ask, but can it be done and how would I do
    > it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help

    Unless your stereo cost thousands of dollars, just get the cheapest sound
    card and use winamp to play the music. You aren't going to be capturing
    MIDI, so paying extra for good midi support is a total waste of money.
    Playing music CDs or MP3s does not need those 3D effects or 5.1 decoding
    available on fancy cards. You will playing 2 channel sounds using a line
    out jack, or the speaker out on the back of the card, so save your money
    and buy a $20.00 sound card. If you want you could spend outragous
    amounts for features you don't need. If winamp stalls a little, set the
    priority a little higher using the config menu in the program. My friend
    plays his music using winamp on a Cyrix 686 with 80 Megs of RAM. If it
    can do it without drop outs, then any Celeron or Pentium can.
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Apr 27, 2004
  7. brundlefly Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have something like 100 audio CDs which I am fed up with keep on
    > changing on my Hi-Fi's CD player. I would like to be able to copy all
    > these CDs onto my computers' large hard disc drive and then connect
    > the sound card from my computer into my hi-fi's amplifier.
    >
    > The questions I have are:
    >
    > 1) what type of sound card ( i.e. what specifications to look for and
    > any recommended makes/models) would I need to buy to ensure that the
    > computer can deliver hi-fi (i.e. CD player) quality into my hi-fi
    > amplifier?
    >
    > 2) What would be a clean and efficient programme to run on the
    > computer to enable playing (ideally in a random order) of the stored
    > CDs (i.e. .wav files) on the hard disc?
    >
    > 3) ultimately I would like to be able to connect the video output of
    > the computer into my TV's auxiliary input (via S-Video) so that I can
    > see what tracks are being played by the computer's media player
    > programme in 2) above. What would be a good video card to achieve
    > this?
    >
    > 4) finally, is there a way of using a programmable remote control to
    > interface with the computer's media player programme so that tracks
    > can be individually selected?
    >
    > Phew, I know this is a big ask, but can it be done and how would I do
    > it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help
    >

    > --
    > To reply, take NOSPAM out of my email address.

    Check this out.
    http://www.krome.co.nz/products/product_squeezebox.htm
    I'm very happy with mine.
    Its got a great display, excellent software, remote control and its not
    dependent on a sound card at all.
    You can run several with different playlists or run PCs with various clients
    as well.
    You can use any networked PC with a browser as a playlist controller, and
    there are all sorts of skins to suit handhelds, touch screens and
    televisions.

    brundlefly, Apr 27, 2004
  8. On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:34:25 +1200, wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >I have something like 100 audio CDs which I am fed up with keep on
    >changing on my Hi-Fi's CD player. I would like to be able to copy all
    >these CDs onto my computers' large hard disc drive and then connect
    >the sound card from my computer into my hi-fi's amplifier.
    >
    >The questions I have are:
    >
    >1) what type of sound card ( i.e. what specifications to look for and
    >any recommended makes/models) would I need to buy to ensure that the
    >computer can deliver hi-fi (i.e. CD player) quality into my hi-fi
    >amplifier?
    >
    >2) What would be a clean and efficient programme to run on the
    >computer to enable playing (ideally in a random order) of the stored
    >CDs (i.e. .wav files) on the hard disc?

    A full stereo CD Takes up to more than 800meg of space, so it looks like you
    need a 80 gig drive to hold all these CD's..

    >3) ultimately I would like to be able to connect the video output of
    >the computer into my TV's auxiliary input (via S-Video) so that I can
    >see what tracks are being played by the computer's media player
    >programme in 2) above. What would be a good video card to achieve
    >this?

    Only in very low res mode, a TV is not a good device for this.

    >4) finally, is there a way of using a programmable remote control to
    >interface with the computer's media player programme so that tracks
    >can be individually selected?

    Yes dearer Creative sound cards come with a remote..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Apr 27, 2004
  9. Richard Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > I have something like 100 audio CDs which I am fed up with keep on
    > changing on my Hi-Fi's CD player. I would like to be able to copy all
    > these CDs onto my computers' large hard disc drive and then connect
    > the sound card from my computer into my hi-fi's amplifier.

    > 1) what type of sound card ( i.e. what specifications to look for and
    > any recommended makes/models) would I need to buy to ensure that the
    > computer can deliver hi-fi (i.e. CD player) quality into my hi-fi
    > amplifier?

    Avoid creative for anything audio related - games and 3d audio they are good,
    but good clean 2 channel they are not.

    > 2) What would be a clean and efficient programme to run on the
    > computer to enable playing (ideally in a random order) of the stored
    > CDs (i.e. .wav files) on the hard disc?

    I use foobar2000 (www.foobar2000.org) - it handles playing cuesheets and
    compressed files very elegantly, I compress the wav files with flac, taking
    30-40% off the size of them, and then edit the cue sheet to reflect the
    compressed filename. Put the cuesheet into foobar and all the tracks are there,
    names and all.

    > 3) ultimately I would like to be able to connect the video output of
    > the computer into my TV's auxiliary input (via S-Video) so that I can
    > see what tracks are being played by the computer's media player
    > programme in 2) above. What would be a good video card to achieve
    > this?

    Cheap ati with tv out. the ati seems more readable in 1024x768 then nvidias

    > 4) finally, is there a way of using a programmable remote control to
    > interface with the computer's media player programme so that tracks
    > can be individually selected?

    There are many of them, commercial and homebrew. Be aware of the simple one that
    connects to your com port tho, it doesnt work well when the cpu isnt idle.

    Richard, Apr 27, 2004
  10. On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:52:33 +1200, Richard <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I have something like 100 audio CDs which I am fed up with keep on
    >> changing on my Hi-Fi's CD player. I would like to be able to copy all
    >> these CDs onto my computers' large hard disc drive and then connect
    >> the sound card from my computer into my hi-fi's amplifier.

    >> 1) what type of sound card ( i.e. what specifications to look for and
    >> any recommended makes/models) would I need to buy to ensure that the
    >> computer can deliver hi-fi (i.e. CD player) quality into my hi-fi
    >> amplifier?

    >Avoid creative for anything audio related - games and 3d audio they are good,
    >but good clean 2 channel they are not.

    Read the Info on the Audigy 2 ZS it takes a lot of beating, so you are WRONG,
    I have a Digital full review of that cards its fantastic..

    >> 2) What would be a clean and efficient programme to run on the
    >> computer to enable playing (ideally in a random order) of the stored
    >> CDs (i.e. .wav files) on the hard disc?

    >I use foobar2000 (www.foobar2000.org) - it handles playing cuesheets and
    >compressed files very elegantly, I compress the wav files with flac, taking
    >30-40% off the size of them, and then edit the cue sheet to reflect the
    >compressed filename. Put the cuesheet into foobar and all the tracks are there,
    >names and all.

    Hi did refer the Hi-Fi lot Crap MP3's

    >> 3) ultimately I would like to be able to connect the video output of
    >> the computer into my TV's auxiliary input (via S-Video) so that I can
    >> see what tracks are being played by the computer's media player
    >> programme in 2) above. What would be a good video card to achieve
    >> this?

    >Cheap ati with tv out. the ati seems more readable in 1024x768 then nvidias

    And LOW RES, TV's are Crap for THAT..

    >> 4) finally, is there a way of using a programmable remote control to
    >> interface with the computer's media player programme so that tracks
    >> can be individually selected?

    >There are many of them, commercial and homebrew. Be aware of the simple one that
    >connects to your com port tho, it doesnt work well when the cpu isnt idle.

    Just get a Audigy and stop stuffing around..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Apr 27, 2004
  11. Richard Guest

    The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

    >>Avoid creative for anything audio related - games and 3d audio they are good,
    >>but good clean 2 channel they are not.

    > Read the Info on the Audigy 2 ZS it takes a lot of beating, so you are WRONG,
    > I have a Digital full review of that cards its fantastic..

    I have read the info, and on paper they are good, but they still suck. I had
    one. The drivers suck, the sound quality isnt up there with my cheap leadtek
    card for audio playback and the bundled software is a pain in the ass to remove
    while keeping functionality of the card. They are a dsp card, for what the OP
    wanted, the dsp is meaningless. I would recommend one of the m-audio offerings
    but you would most likly rubbish them without ever using one based on some
    review you found somewhere.

    >>I use foobar2000 (www.foobar2000.org) - it handles playing cuesheets and
    >>compressed files very elegantly, I compress the wav files with flac, taking
    >>30-40% off the size of them, and then edit the cue sheet to reflect the
    >>compressed filename. Put the cuesheet into foobar and all the tracks are there,
    >>names and all.

    > Hi did refer the Hi-Fi lot Crap MP3's

    It is you bringing the MP3s into the discussion, I did not mention MP3 anywhere.
    Where did you get MP3 from?

    >>Cheap ati with tv out. the ati seems more readable in 1024x768 then nvidias

    > And LOW RES, TV's are Crap for THAT..

    Yes, but the ati seems better in what testing I have done between the cards I
    have here, so I use an ati raedon 9000 on my tvpc for the tv out.

    >>There are many of them, commercial and homebrew. Be aware of the simple one that
    >>connects to your com port tho, it doesnt work well when the cpu isnt idle.

    > Just get a Audigy and stop stuffing around..

    Drivers that won't install with out nonsence applications they bundle and there
    absolutley pathetic technical support would be 2 reasons to stay away before you
    even look into the soundquality issues, not to mention they are still using
    3.5mm headphone connectors on them for line outputs.

    Richard, Apr 27, 2004

  12. > Unless your stereo cost thousands of dollars, just get the cheapest sound
    > card and use winamp to play the music. You aren't going to be capturing
    > MIDI, so paying extra for good midi support is a total waste of money.
    > Playing music CDs or MP3s does not need those 3D effects or 5.1 decoding
    > available on fancy cards. You will playing 2 channel sounds using a line
    > out jack, or the speaker out on the back of the card, so save your money
    > and buy a $20.00 sound card. If you want you could spend outragous
    > amounts for features you don't need. If winamp stalls a little, set the
    > priority a little higher using the config menu in the program. My friend
    > plays his music using winamp on a Cyrix 686 with 80 Megs of RAM. If it
    > can do it without drop outs, then any Celeron or Pentium can.
    > Ciao, Dave

    The difference between onboard sound/cheap card and an Audigy sound card is
    very noticable, even on the cheapest $80 Creative 2.1 speaker set. Even the
    Audigy series is only barely as good as a reasonable stand alone CD player.
    Anyone with a stereo worth a few hundred or more, or reasonable computer
    speakers really shouldn't settle for anything less.

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Apr 27, 2004
  13. >
    > Drivers that won't install with out nonsence applications they bundle and

    there
    > absolutley pathetic technical support would be 2 reasons to stay away

    before you
    > even look into the soundquality issues, not to mention they are still

    using
    > 3.5mm headphone connectors on them for line outputs.

    There has never been a problem getting SB drivers to work without all their
    crap software. I've been doing exactly that ever since my 4 channel Live!
    card. Can't comment on their tech support as i have never once had a
    problem with their cards.

    The Audigy I is a good value for money card, it's a big step over onboard
    sound/cheap cards such as C-Media and Realtek in terms of sound quality and
    it will lower CPU usage in games that support the card (which is damn near
    every game). I wouldn't bother with the Audigy II though, all that gets you
    is DVD-Audio playback and if you want that then you REALLY don't want to be
    using a PC for it.

    VIA's offering seems quite good, however any card based on that chip really
    needs to be inspected to see which DAC it uses.

    For the best 2 channel sound from a PC i'd probably use optical out and get
    something decent to handle the decoding.

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Apr 27, 2004
  14. On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:25:44 +1200, "Stephen Williams" <>
    wrote:

    >> Drivers that won't install with out nonsence applications they bundle and

    >there
    >> absolutley pathetic technical support would be 2 reasons to stay away

    >before you
    >> even look into the soundquality issues, not to mention they are still

    >using
    >> 3.5mm headphone connectors on them for line outputs.
    >>

    >There has never been a problem getting SB drivers to work without all their
    >crap software. I've been doing exactly that ever since my 4 channel Live!
    >card. Can't comment on their tech support as i have never once had a
    >problem with their cards.
    >
    >The Audigy I is a good value for money card, it's a big step over onboard
    >sound/cheap cards such as C-Media and Realtek in terms of sound quality and
    >it will lower CPU usage in games that support the card (which is damn near
    >every game). I wouldn't bother with the Audigy II though, all that gets you
    >is DVD-Audio playback and if you want that then you REALLY don't want to be
    >using a PC for it.
    >
    >VIA's offering seems quite good, however any card based on that chip really
    >needs to be inspected to see which DAC it uses.
    >
    >For the best 2 channel sound from a PC i'd probably use optical out and get
    >something decent to handle the decoding.
    >
    >Steve

    Well I have a SBlive 5.1 OEM for sale, decided to go for a Audigy II ZS,
    should arrive tomorrow I hope..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Apr 27, 2004
  15. bAZZ Guest

    "The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:25:44 +1200, "Stephen Williams"

    <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >> Drivers that won't install with out nonsence applications they bundle

    and
    > >there
    > >> absolutley pathetic technical support would be 2 reasons to stay away

    > >before you
    > >> even look into the soundquality issues, not to mention they are still

    > >using
    > >> 3.5mm headphone connectors on them for line outputs.
    > >>

    > >There has never been a problem getting SB drivers to work without all

    their
    > >crap software. I've been doing exactly that ever since my 4 channel

    Live!
    > >card. Can't comment on their tech support as i have never once had a
    > >problem with their cards.
    > >
    > >The Audigy I is a good value for money card, it's a big step over onboard
    > >sound/cheap cards such as C-Media and Realtek in terms of sound quality

    and
    > >it will lower CPU usage in games that support the card (which is damn

    near
    > >every game). I wouldn't bother with the Audigy II though, all that gets

    you
    > >is DVD-Audio playback and if you want that then you REALLY don't want to

    be
    > >using a PC for it.
    > >
    > >VIA's offering seems quite good, however any card based on that chip

    really
    > >needs to be inspected to see which DAC it uses.
    > >
    > >For the best 2 channel sound from a PC i'd probably use optical out and

    get
    > >something decent to handle the decoding.
    > >
    > >Steve
    > >

    > Well I have a SBlive 5.1 OEM for sale, decided to go for a Audigy II ZS,
    > should arrive tomorrow I hope..

    How much ya after for it Roger ??

    Bazz

    bAZZ, Apr 27, 2004
  16. bAZZ wrote:
    >>Well I have a SBlive 5.1 OEM for sale, decided to go for a Audigy II ZS,
    >>should arrive tomorrow I hope..

    > How much ya after for it Roger ??

    Considering that you can get them for ~$51
    new(http://www.pricespy.co.nz/cat_15.html#g37), I'd think that $30 would
    be heaps.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Apr 27, 2004
  17. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > bAZZ wrote:
    >
    >>> Well I have a SBlive 5.1 OEM for sale, decided to go for a Audigy II
    >>> ZS,
    >>> should arrive tomorrow I hope..

    >> How much ya after for it Roger ??

    > Considering that you can get them for ~$51
    > new(http://www.pricespy.co.nz/cat_15.html#g37), I'd think that $30 would
    > be heaps.

    Nothing wrong with an SBLive!
    My HTPC has a SBLive 5.1 that has its SPDIF output connected to my home
    theatre amp. Linux + MythTV + LIRC + ALSA, even does DD & DTS pass
    thru. Music is encoded in OGG format.
    Couldn't get passthru this working under XP...

    Graeme

    Graeme Woollett, Apr 28, 2004
  18. On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:28:56 +1200, "bAZZ" <> wrote:

    >"The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:25:44 +1200, "Stephen Williams"

    ><>

    >and
    >> >there
    >> >before you
    >> >using
    >> >>

    >> >There has never been a problem getting SB drivers to work without all

    >their
    >> >crap software. I've been doing exactly that ever since my 4 channel

    >Live!
    >> >card. Can't comment on their tech support as i have never once had a
    >> >problem with their cards.
    >> >
    >> >The Audigy I is a good value for money card, it's a big step over onboard
    >> >sound/cheap cards such as C-Media and Realtek in terms of sound quality

    >and
    >> >it will lower CPU usage in games that support the card (which is damn

    >near
    >> >every game). I wouldn't bother with the Audigy II though, all that gets

    >you
    >> >is DVD-Audio playback and if you want that then you REALLY don't want to

    >be
    >> >using a PC for it.
    >> >
    >> >VIA's offering seems quite good, however any card based on that chip

    >really
    >> >needs to be inspected to see which DAC it uses.
    >> >
    >> >For the best 2 channel sound from a PC i'd probably use optical out and

    >get
    >> >something decent to handle the decoding.
    >> >
    >> >Steve
    >> >

    >> Well I have a SBlive 5.1 OEM for sale, decided to go for a Audigy II ZS,
    >> should arrive tomorrow I hope..
    >>

    >How much ya after for it Roger ??
    >
    >Bazz

    Yes problem is they are now down to $50 but I was thinking of $40..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Apr 28, 2004
  19. bAZZ Guest

    wrote:

    > >How much ya after for it Roger ??
    > >
    > >Bazz
    > >

    > Yes problem is they are now down to $50 but I was thinking of $40..

    At $40 I'd be best to shell out for a new one with warranty etc etc. It is
    only for a 2nd machine so will have to pass on it sorry. Now if you were to
    drop the price to $25 then we would be in bussiness........

    Bazz

    bAZZ, Apr 29, 2004
  20. On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:04:41 +1200, "bAZZ" <> wrote:

    >"The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:28:56 +1200, "bAZZ" <>

    >wrote:
    >>

    >> >How much ya after for it Roger ??
    >> >
    >> >Bazz
    >> >

    >> Yes problem is they are now down to $50 but I was thinking of $40..
    >>

    >At $40 I'd be best to shell out for a new one with warranty etc etc. It is
    >only for a 2nd machine so will have to pass on it sorry. Now if you were to
    >drop the price to $25 then we would be in bussiness........
    >
    >Bazz

    Bugger and a friend that lives 4 doors away just got one New for $80, silly
    boy, he could have had mine as he bought the rest of my last system..

    That was because he buy's impulsively..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Apr 29, 2004