I need abit of technical help`

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by FutureAdvents, Jun 12, 2007.

  1. Hi all , its been a while,
    My daughter was on the dreaded MSN
    messenger and when she had finished , I tried to go on the net but the
    connection was lost so i rebooted my system and it went into scan disk mode
    so I let it do its thing but I live to regret it because my pc will not boot
    up , it gets to the windows xp splash screen then the screen turns blue with
    a message saying "System has been shut down to prevent damage to your
    computer" it also states that I should uninstall my antivirus "Avast" and
    then try again "sounds great advice if I could get into the dam machine to
    do that" I also put knoppix on to see if I could uninstall Avast but it
    doesnt show up in the program files "as well as many other programs that I
    know is on there".
    I then went to a family members computer and downloaded the system bootdisks
    "6 disks in all" and I tried loading them in and just when I thought alls
    well I was hit with another problem "Administor Password" , even though I
    have had the system for 3 years I brought it second hand from the newspaper
    so I haven't got the password "Never needed it to be honest" but without it
    the system disk wont continue.

    I have used my restore disks but it needs this bootdisk to be installed
    first.
    the system is Advent 3418 3.2 GHz and im sure it uses phoenix bios "tried
    their backdoor passwords " phoenix,PHOENIX,CMOS,BIOS.
    I am not savi with knoppix and I know the dangers if you dont log out
    properly " my house has a habit of rebooting the electric lol so abit risky
    but if iI could know how to get the password using it I would have a
    go......
    Any help
    would be deeply appreciated and I will even bung in my teenager as well lol.
    "for my computers sake" Ragz....

    FutureAdvents, Jun 12, 2007

  2. FutureAdvents

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:06:52 GMT, FutureAdvents wrote:

    >Hi all , its been a while,
    > My daughter was on the dreaded MSN
    >messenger and when she had finished , I tried to go on the net but the
    >connection was lost so i rebooted my system and it went into scan disk mode
    >so I let it do its thing but I live to regret it because my pc will not boot
    >up , it gets to the windows xp splash screen then the screen turns blue with
    >a message saying "System has been shut down to prevent damage to your
    >computer" it also states that I should uninstall my antivirus "Avast" and
    >then try again "sounds great advice if I could get into the dam machine to
    >do that" I also put knoppix on to see if I could uninstall Avast but it
    >doesnt show up in the program files "as well as many other programs that I

    How does a Linux OS let you uninstall Avast in a Win install? I know
    it's great and you can see Win partitions and copy / recover files etc..

    >know is on there".
    >I then went to a family members computer and downloaded the system bootdisks
    >"6 disks in all" and I tried loading them in and just when I thought alls

    What system bootdisks, the manufacturer?

    >well I was hit with another problem "Administor Password" , even though I
    >have had the system for 3 years I brought it second hand from the newspaper
    >so I haven't got the password "Never needed it to be honest" but without it
    >the system disk wont continue.

    Depending on how the system is messed up you way just want to go to file
    recovery mode , to another hardfisk, flash usb writeing to CD or another
    PCs disk.

    Writing to the hardisk may not be a good idea.

    Last time I removed a Vista (I know you said XP) admin password was done
    with http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/ copy the ISO download to
    another PC, burn the CD and boot from it.

    >I have used my restore disks but it needs this bootdisk to be installed
    >first.
    >the system is Advent 3418 3.2 GHz and im sure it uses phoenix bios "tried
    >their backdoor passwords " phoenix,PHOENIX,CMOS,BIOS.

    Why the BIOS password for recovery / install CDs?

    http://recoverymedia.thetechguys.com/Product.aspx?productID=483
    Just had a look , why do these seem to be such a pain.

    Note the command about loss of data, also repeated at
    http://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/knoppix/
    never looked before but it seems to cover a lot and look like a good
    place to start.

    I am glad I either always have retail CD/DVDs , apps and utils on my own
    backup disks and the 10 PC use keys from Microsoft.

    >I am not savi with knoppix and I know the dangers if you dont log out
    >properly " my house has a habit of rebooting the electric lol so abit risky
    >but if iI could know how to get the password using it I would have a
    >go......
    > Any help
    >would be deeply appreciated and I will even bung in my teenager as well lol.
    >"for my computers sake" Ragz....

    Me

    why?, Jun 12, 2007

  3. FutureAdvents

    old man Guest

    Presumably youve tried Safe Mode, last good config?

    old man, Jun 12, 2007
  4. FutureAdvents

    Ragz Guest

    Hi all ,Back on my own system again and problem solved . The virus is Called
    "Axel.Dav" and its one of the most difficult virus I've cracked yet, mainly
    because it locks you out of your system and it loops you from one screen to
    xp screen. I tried a system boot disk, restore system through my restore
    disk right up to quick format but ended up back to original problem. I rang
    a few computer shops but they said with that virus when your locked out you
    have to flatline format it, "Wrong!" this is how I did it.
    try and find an old hardisk with an operating system or borrow one out of
    another pc and put it in with your main one , go into bios and if its picked
    it up then change it to the master drive ,"if it hasn't picked it up reboot
    again until it does" I put my 30 gig hard drive in out of my old tiny pc and
    it had win 98 on it. then I used the system disks in it and it brought me to
    dos where I did a boot. config list on it then a boot config restore and
    then when I rebooted and f8'd it I chose the old hard disk and it asked to
    scan it and it come up with a load of faults on it and did a so called
    repair and wiped all the saved data on there but still booted me up and
    allowed me to get into my main C drive and I fixed my system32 and reg and
    my boot.ini and bang! back in, I came up with the FutureAdvent username
    because I was using another pc when I wrote the initial request. I don't
    wish this virus on any1, it can do allot of damage to you system so read up
    about it and arm yourselves, I hear its predominantly a email virus but I am
    sure it leaked through msn messenger. Thanks for your comments old man and I
    hope this helps some one else . Ragz

    Ragz, Jun 14, 2007
  5. FutureAdvents

    Guest

    "Ragz" <> wrote:

    >bang! back in, I came up with the FutureAdvent username
    >because I was using another pc when I wrote the initial request. I don't
    >wish this virus on any1, it can do allot of damage to you system so read up
    >about it and arm yourselves, I hear its predominantly a email virus but I am
    >sure it leaked through msn messenger

    Good for you. Feels good fixing rather than reformatting.

    I just had a close call with bifrost1.exe, installing new software;
    REGPROT http://www.diamondcs.com.au/freeutilities/regprot.php popped
    up and asked if this program could run from the Temp dir :)

    --

    Caught by the camera...
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=52qjv51

    , Jun 15, 2007
  6. FutureAdvents

    Irradicant Guest

    Some powerful data recovery solution might help I suppose. I would
    rather use Active@ Undelete, it can boot itself on the dead machine
    and recover system
    http://www.active-undelete.com/

    Irradicant, Jul 5, 2007