I need a throwaway free email

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by computeruser@home.com, Feb 8, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I'm getting so sick and tired of websites wanting my personal
    information lately, in order to use their site. Most of the time I
    just skip the site, but there are a few sites that I need. I can sort
    of understand them wanting my email address and stuff in order to post
    something, but many wont even let you read their site or download
    something without registering. I know as well as most people know,
    they are only harvesting email addresses to send spam to. Not only do
    I not want to give out information, but I am getting real tired of
    filling in these forms all the time, and of course they make it as
    difficult as possible by having to type my email address TWICE, and
    entering letters or numbers from some stupid graphic that is barely
    readable.

    For example, I go to some site about auto repair, and all I want to do
    is read the messages. Why should I have to sign up to read messages.
    That's stupid.

    I just went to youtube to watch a video of something that was on the
    tv news. What I wanted to watch was rather violent and graphic, but
    it WAS on tv, and it's not porn or anything like that. I get this
    message that says I need to register to view this video because it's
    graphic. WTF. They showed it on the tv news, and youtube is a
    tracking site that spys on people (read their Privacy Notice). There
    is no way I am going to give them anything real. I could go on all
    day and night about all these sites that want me to signup.

    THere must be some way to sign up on these sites without giving out
    any valid info. Yeah, I've used hotmail, yahoo mail, and all of that,
    but I like to keep those email addresses for other uses too. It seems
    like I need to create a new hotmail account for every website that I
    need to sign up for, and in order to sign up for hotmail (or any of
    them), I need to give THEM my personal info.

    There's got to be a better way. Can anyone help.

    By the way, there is www.trashmail.net. It's supposed to be totally
    anonymous and free, but they require a real email address to forward
    the messages. Worse yet, when I use trashmail (or others like it),
    they websites that I use them for, never send the confirmations.
    Apparently they block these temporary email addresses.

    Anyone got any suggestions.

    I want to start using the same completely fake persona for all sites,
    and have then come back to a completely anonymous email address.

    HOW?

    Thanks
    , Feb 8, 2008

  2. Rom Guest

    On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 03:06:08 -0600, wrote:

    > Anyone got any suggestions.

    These are some I've seen mentioned for you to look into:

    Temporary Inbox:
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2650>

    <http://www.mailinator.com/>

    <http://dodgit.com/> (site seems down atm)

    <http://sneakemail.com/>

    --
    Rom
    Rom, Feb 8, 2008

  3. Steve Horn Guest

    Try Cotse. There link is http://www.cotse.net
    Steve Horn, Feb 8, 2008
  4. Lou Briccant Guest

    On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 03:06:08 -0600, wrote:

    >I'm getting so sick and tired of websites wanting my personal
    >information lately, in order to use their site. Most of the time I
    >just skip the site, but there are a few sites that I need. I can sort
    >of understand them wanting my email address and stuff in order to post
    >something, but many wont even let you read their site or download
    >something without registering. I know as well as most people know,
    >they are only harvesting email addresses to send spam to. Not only do
    >I not want to give out information, but I am getting real tired of
    >filling in these forms all the time, and of course they make it as
    >difficult as possible by having to type my email address TWICE, and
    >entering letters or numbers from some stupid graphic that is barely
    >readable.
    >
    >For example, I go to some site about auto repair, and all I want to do
    >is read the messages. Why should I have to sign up to read messages.
    >That's stupid.
    >
    >I just went to youtube to watch a video of something that was on the
    >tv news. What I wanted to watch was rather violent and graphic, but
    >it WAS on tv, and it's not porn or anything like that. I get this
    >message that says I need to register to view this video because it's
    >graphic. WTF. They showed it on the tv news, and youtube is a
    >tracking site that spys on people (read their Privacy Notice). There
    >is no way I am going to give them anything real. I could go on all
    >day and night about all these sites that want me to signup.
    >
    >THere must be some way to sign up on these sites without giving out
    >any valid info. Yeah, I've used hotmail, yahoo mail, and all of that,
    >but I like to keep those email addresses for other uses too. It seems
    >like I need to create a new hotmail account for every website that I
    >need to sign up for, and in order to sign up for hotmail (or any of
    >them), I need to give THEM my personal info.
    >
    >There's got to be a better way. Can anyone help.
    >
    >By the way, there is www.trashmail.net. It's supposed to be totally
    >anonymous and free, but they require a real email address to forward
    >the messages. Worse yet, when I use trashmail (or others like it),
    >they websites that I use them for, never send the confirmations.
    >Apparently they block these temporary email addresses.
    >
    >Anyone got any suggestions.
    >
    >I want to start using the same completely fake persona for all sites,
    >and have then come back to a completely anonymous email address.
    >
    >HOW?
    >
    >Thanks

    This might help.
    http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html
    Lou Briccant, Feb 8, 2008
  5. Guest

    On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:44:29 -0800, Lou Briccant
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 03:06:08 -0600, wrote:
    >
    >>I'm getting so sick and tired of websites wanting my personal
    >>information lately, in order to use their site. Most of the time I
    >>just skip the site, but there are a few sites that I need. I can sort
    >>of understand them wanting my email address and stuff in order to post
    >>something, but many wont even let you read their site or download
    >>something without registering. I know as well as most people know,
    >>they are only harvesting email addresses to send spam to. Not only do
    >>I not want to give out information, but I am getting real tired of
    >>filling in these forms all the time, and of course they make it as
    >>difficult as possible by having to type my email address TWICE, and
    >>entering letters or numbers from some stupid graphic that is barely
    >>readable.
    >>
    >>For example, I go to some site about auto repair, and all I want to do
    >>is read the messages. Why should I have to sign up to read messages.
    >>That's stupid.
    >>
    >>I just went to youtube to watch a video of something that was on the
    >>tv news. What I wanted to watch was rather violent and graphic, but
    >>it WAS on tv, and it's not porn or anything like that. I get this
    >>message that says I need to register to view this video because it's
    >>graphic. WTF. They showed it on the tv news, and youtube is a
    >>tracking site that spys on people (read their Privacy Notice). There
    >>is no way I am going to give them anything real. I could go on all
    >>day and night about all these sites that want me to signup.
    >>
    >>THere must be some way to sign up on these sites without giving out
    >>any valid info. Yeah, I've used hotmail, yahoo mail, and all of that,
    >>but I like to keep those email addresses for other uses too. It seems
    >>like I need to create a new hotmail account for every website that I
    >>need to sign up for, and in order to sign up for hotmail (or any of
    >>them), I need to give THEM my personal info.
    >>
    >>There's got to be a better way. Can anyone help.
    >>
    >>By the way, there is www.trashmail.net. It's supposed to be totally
    >>anonymous and free, but they require a real email address to forward
    >>the messages. Worse yet, when I use trashmail (or others like it),
    >>they websites that I use them for, never send the confirmations.
    >>Apparently they block these temporary email addresses.
    >>
    >>Anyone got any suggestions.
    >>
    >>I want to start using the same completely fake persona for all sites,
    >>and have then come back to a completely anonymous email address.
    >>
    >>HOW?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    >This might help.
    >http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html

    Thanks to everyone. I found several useful sites from all of you who
    posted. This is exactly what the doctor ordered......
    Signing up for hotmail or yahoomail, or any of those are too time
    consuming for a one time use. These are perfect !!!

    Thanks again.
    , Feb 8, 2008
  6. On 2008-02-08, <> wrote:

    > Not only do
    > I not want to give out information, but I am getting real tired of
    > filling in these forms all the time, and of course they make it as
    > difficult as possible by having to type my email address TWICE, and
    > entering letters or numbers from some stupid graphic that is barely
    > readable.

    > THere must be some way to sign up on these sites without giving out
    > any valid info. Yeah, I've used hotmail, yahoo mail, and all of that,
    > but I like to keep those email addresses for other uses too. It seems
    > like I need to create a new hotmail account for every website that I
    > need to sign up for, and in order to sign up for hotmail (or any of
    > them), I need to give THEM my personal info.
    >
    > There's got to be a better way. Can anyone help.

    http://rig.sourceforge.net/

    HTH...

    --

    John ()