I need a new desktop to surf

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Wereo's_oFF_eBaY, Apr 11, 2006.

  1. My computer here sounds like it's on it's last legs. The thing is I don't
    really know how to buy a computer. I just want something to surf the
    internet, maybe to download some videos here and there.

    I've just come from eBay and I see them anywhere from $280.00 to $400.00 so
    I ask is this the right thing to do. I'm currently on dialup but I plan to
    change this to something faster, like DSL or I don't know what.

    Thanks for all the help you can give me.

    Then there's the problem I cant find the disks I used to load my Printer
    which is a Canon BJC 2000 and a Slimline Scanner I don't know the model
    number is.

    My monitor is a KOGi but I don't know what model number is for this either
    and I don't know if I'm going to need the CD disks to run all this attached
    hardware here.

    I just don't know what to do. I think I'm losing it altogether with not
    knowing enough about how to change my System here.

    Thank you all for your help if you can.

    Scott

    Wereo's_oFF_eBaY, Apr 11, 2006

  2. Wereo's_oFF_eBaY

    Parko Guest

    Wereo's_oFF_eBaY wrote:
    > My computer here sounds like it's on it's last legs. The thing is I don't
    > really know how to buy a computer. I just want something to surf the
    > internet, maybe to download some videos here and there.
    >
    > I've just come from eBay and I see them anywhere from $280.00 to $400.00 so
    > I ask is this the right thing to do. I'm currently on dialup but I plan to
    > change this to something faster, like DSL or I don't know what.
    >
    > Thanks for all the help you can give me.
    >
    > Then there's the problem I cant find the disks I used to load my Printer
    > which is a Canon BJC 2000 and a Slimline Scanner I don't know the model
    > number is.
    >
    > My monitor is a KOGi but I don't know what model number is for this either
    > and I don't know if I'm going to need the CD disks to run all this attached
    > hardware here.
    >
    > I just don't know what to do. I think I'm losing it altogether with not
    > knowing enough about how to change my System here.
    >
    > Thank you all for your help if you can.
    >
    > Scott

    Bugger the Internet....

    http://www.coastalwatch.com/news/news.aspx?newsId=94&newsType=admin&adType=news

    Parko, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Wereo's_oFF_eBaY

    Peaches Guest

    "Wereo's_oFF_eBaY" <> wrote in message
    > My computer here sounds like it's on it's last legs. The thing is I don't
    > really know how to buy a computer. I just want something to surf the
    > internet, maybe to download some videos here and there.
    >
    > I've just come from eBay and I see them anywhere from $280.00 to $400.00
    > so
    > I ask is this the right thing to do. I'm currently on dialup but I plan to
    > change this to something faster, like DSL or I don't know what.
    >
    > Thanks for all the help you can give me.
    >
    > Then there's the problem I cant find the disks I used to load my Printer
    > which is a Canon BJC 2000 and a Slimline Scanner I don't know the model
    > number is.
    >
    > My monitor is a KOGi but I don't know what model number is for this either
    > and I don't know if I'm going to need the CD disks to run all this
    > attached
    > hardware here.
    >
    > I just don't know what to do. I think I'm losing it altogether with not
    > knowing enough about how to change my System here.
    >
    > Thank you all for your help if you can.
    >
    > Scott

    The disks you refer to for peripheral hardware such as printer +
    scanner contain the software and drivers etc. You may well be
    able to download replacements from the web but will need to
    know exact models etc.
    The content of your post clearly indicates that you are someone
    who should Not be contemplating buying a pre-owned PC via ebay.

    Peaches, Apr 11, 2006
  4. Wereo's_oFF_eBaY

    slumpy Guest

    To fill up a few lines of text and ultimately to piss off a lot of dumb
    people, I typed this just before Wereo's_oFF_eBaY decided to brighten up my
    day by saying:

    > My computer here sounds like it's on it's last legs. The thing is I
    > don't really know how to buy a computer. I just want something to
    > surf the internet, maybe to download some videos here and there.
    >
    > I've just come from eBay and I see them anywhere from $280.00 to
    > $400.00 so I ask is this the right thing to do. I'm currently on
    > dialup but I plan to change this to something faster, like DSL or I
    > don't know what.
    >
    > Thanks for all the help you can give me.
    >
    > Then there's the problem I cant find the disks I used to load my
    > Printer which is a Canon BJC 2000 and a Slimline Scanner I don't know
    > the model number is.
    >
    > My monitor is a KOGi but I don't know what model number is for this
    > either and I don't know if I'm going to need the CD disks to run all
    > this attached hardware here.
    >
    > I just don't know what to do. I think I'm losing it altogether with
    > not knowing enough about how to change my System here.
    >
    > Thank you all for your help if you can.
    >
    > Scott

    Maybe you can spend some of that money you just scammed on eBay on a new
    pile of junk to match the rest of your life, you fat fucking loser.

    success you are, even though you cannot substantiate any claim you ever
    made.

    Or maybe you should tell the people you are asking for help all about the
    claims you made about having sex with the kids in your care at Camp Sussex ?
    --
    slumpy
    tradelist and images - http://tinyurl.com/devgk

    slumpy, Apr 11, 2006
  5. Wereo's_oFF_eBaY

    slumpy Guest

    Re: I need a fucking lobotomy

    To fill up a few lines of text and ultimately to piss off a lot of dumb
    people, I typed this just before Parko decided to brighten up my day by
    saying:

    > Wereo's_oFF_eBaY wrote:
    > > My computer here sounds like it's on it's last legs. The thing is I
    > > don't really know how to buy a computer. I just want something to
    > > surf the internet, maybe to download some videos here and there.
    > >
    > > I've just come from eBay and I see them anywhere from $280.00 to
    > > $400.00 so I ask is this the right thing to do. I'm currently on
    > > dialup but I plan to change this to something faster, like DSL or I
    > > don't know what.
    > >
    > > Thanks for all the help you can give me.
    > >
    > > Then there's the problem I cant find the disks I used to load my
    > > Printer which is a Canon BJC 2000 and a Slimline Scanner I don't
    > > know the model number is.
    > >
    > > My monitor is a KOGi but I don't know what model number is for this
    > > either and I don't know if I'm going to need the CD disks to run
    > > all this attached hardware here.
    > >
    > > I just don't know what to do. I think I'm losing it altogether with
    > > not knowing enough about how to change my System here.
    > >
    > > Thank you all for your help if you can.
    > >
    > > Scott
    > >

    > Bugger the Internet....

    http://www.coastalwatch.com/news/news.aspx?newsId=94&newsType=admin&adType=news

    Scott likes that word...bugger...it reminds him of all the times he fucked
    the kids in his care at Camp Sussex, doesn't it fatboy ?

    slumpy, Apr 11, 2006
  6. Wereo's_oFF_eBaY

    slumpy Guest

    To fill up a few lines of text and ultimately to piss off a lot of dumb
    people, I typed this just before Peaches decided to brighten up my day by
    saying:

    > "Wereo's_oFF_eBaY" <> wrote in message
    > > My computer here sounds like it's on it's last legs. The thing is I
    > > don't really know how to buy a computer. I just want something to
    > > surf the internet, maybe to download some videos here and there.
    > >
    > > I've just come from eBay and I see them anywhere from $280.00 to
    > > $400.00 so
    > > I ask is this the right thing to do. I'm currently on dialup but I
    > > plan to change this to something faster, like DSL or I don't know
    > > what.
    > >
    > > Thanks for all the help you can give me.
    > >
    > > Then there's the problem I cant find the disks I used to load my
    > > Printer which is a Canon BJC 2000 and a Slimline Scanner I don't
    > > know the model number is.
    > >
    > > My monitor is a KOGi but I don't know what model number is for this
    > > either and I don't know if I'm going to need the CD disks to run
    > > all this attached
    > > hardware here.
    > >
    > > I just don't know what to do. I think I'm losing it altogether with
    > > not knowing enough about how to change my System here.
    > >
    > > Thank you all for your help if you can.
    > >
    > > Scott
    > >

    > The disks you refer to for peripheral hardware such as printer +
    > scanner contain the software and drivers etc. You may well be
    > able to download replacements from the web but will need to
    > know exact models etc.
    > The content of your post clearly indicates that you are someone
    > who should Not be contemplating buying a pre-owned PC via ebay.

    Ignore this guy or you'll never get rid of him.

    Check out his posting history and assess his mental health - quite a fun
    ride, some of his comments can only be made by Village Idiots.

    slumpy, Apr 11, 2006
  7. Wereo's_oFF_eBaY

    Kenny Guest

    For printer drivers go here:
    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=329&modelid=7956
    Windows may have drivers already which will work but perhaps not as
    functional as those from mfr.
    For scanner if you cant identify it look for the FCC ID no. and search for
    it that way.
    Again Windows may have a driver for it.
    The monitor shouldn't need any special drivers.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

    Kenny, Apr 11, 2006