    I manage a lot of small business clients. most of them have home routers, maybe a sonicwall if Im lucky. Id like to find a magic box that I could place in the datastream that would collect netflow type information. bandwidth utilization, what IP is where, and how much, then take to another client and do the same. Obviously something like solarwinds nta, but mobile. Seems there is nothing quick, easy, packaged, portable, etc. Have any of you guys and girls run across a network stat collection tool?

    Thanks!
    Dave

    nrg2brn, Oct 16, 2012

  2. nrg2brn

    tpheuk

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2013
    Messages:
    11
    solarwinds is the best for me

    router(config)# ip flow-export version 9 [peer-as | origin-as]
    The following commands break up flows into shorter segments.

    router(config)# ip flow-cache timeout active 5
    router(config)# ip flow-cache timeout inactive 30
    In enable mode you can see current NetFlow configuration and state.

    router# show ip flow export
    router# show ip cache flow
    router# show ip cache verbose flow

    tpheuk, Jan 16, 2013