    me the device driver from the CD.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    John

    John Fredrickson, Jan 15, 2006

  2. John Fredrickson

    Tom Guest

    "John Fredrickson" <> wrote in message
    news:8Kkyf.732$h47.498@trnddc08...
    >I picked up a digital pen camera that doubles as a web-cam. Unfortunately,
    >the CD that came with it is defective and I cannot install the device
    >driver. The camera is named a "Dual-Mode DSC 2770" and I bought it as a kit
    >from a company whose url is www.dk.com. They want $10 for a replacement
    >disk. I believe the camera was made by a Taiwanese company named "Service
    >and Quality Technologies" whose web site is at http://www.sq.com.tw/ . The
    >site is in Chinese and there is no download section for the retail camera.
    >I looked in http://www.DriverGuide.com, but the only download with the
    >correct camera name does not install(at least not in Windows XP).
    >
    > If anyone has this camera and the CD, I'd appreciate it if they could
    > e-mail me the device driver from the CD.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.

    And when you connect the camera to the computer, XP doesn't automatically
    recognize the camera and already have a driver for it? I've noticed that a
    lot of devices may come with a CD but the CD seems to only have drivers for
    older operating systems since XP seems to come with whats usually needed. I
    recently tried to download a driver for a card reader from the CD onto my
    daughters computer running Millenium and found that the CD didn't have a
    driver because ME was supposed to have it. Unfortunately a service tech
    had to replace her motherboard (or something) and he hadn't returned the
    computer to its' original specs completely and the driver wasn't there
    anymore. And couldn't be found on the internet( got the message that a
    driver wasn't needed by ME).

    Tom G.

    Tom, Jan 15, 2006

  3. Tom wrote:
    > "John Fredrickson" <> wrote in message
    >> I picked up a digital pen camera that doubles as a web-cam.
    >> Unfortunately, the CD that came with it is defective and I cannot
    >> install the device driver. The camera is named a "Dual-Mode DSC
    >> 2770" and I bought it as a kit from a company whose url is
    >> www.dk.com. They want $10 for a replacement disk. I believe the
    >> camera was made by a Taiwanese company named "Service and Quality
    >> Technologies" whose web site is at http://www.sq.com.tw/ . The site
    >> is in Chinese and there is no download section for the retail
    >> camera. I looked in http://www.DriverGuide.com, but the only
    >> download with the correct camera name does not install(at least not
    >> in Windows XP).
    >>
    >> If anyone has this camera and the CD, I'd appreciate it if they could
    >> e-mail me the device driver from the CD.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any help.

    > And when you connect the camera to the computer, XP doesn't
    > automatically recognize the camera and already have a driver for it?
    > I've noticed that a lot of devices may come with a CD but the CD
    > seems to only have drivers for older operating systems since XP seems
    > to come with whats usually needed. I recently tried to download a
    > driver for a card reader from the CD onto my daughters computer
    > running Millenium and found that the CD didn't have a driver because
    > ME was supposed to have it. Unfortunately a service tech had to
    > replace her motherboard (or something) and he hadn't returned the
    > computer to its' original specs completely and the driver wasn't
    > there anymore. And couldn't be found on the internet( got the
    > message that a driver wasn't needed by ME).
    >
    > Tom G.
    >>
    >> John

    Correct. XP will normally not require an install disk. '98 will almost
    certainly require it.

    Dennis Pogson, Jan 15, 2006
  4. John Fredrickson

    BernieM Guest

    "John Fredrickson" <> wrote in message
    >I picked up a digital pen camera that doubles as a web-cam. Unfortunately,
    >the CD that came with it is defective and I cannot install the device
    >driver. The camera is named a "Dual-Mode DSC 2770" and I bought it as a kit
    >from a company whose url is www.dk.com. They want $10 for a replacement
    >disk. I believe the camera was made by a Taiwanese company named "Service
    >and Quality Technologies" whose web site is at http://www.sq.com.tw/ . The
    >site is in Chinese and there is no download section for the retail camera.
    >I looked in http://www.DriverGuide.com, but the only download with the
    >correct camera name does not install(at least not in Windows XP).
    >
    > If anyone has this camera and the CD, I'd appreciate it if they could
    > e-mail me the device driver from the CD.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    > John

    Does this help ....

    http://www.driverforum.com/inputdevice5/10764.html

    BernieM, Jan 15, 2006
  5. "BernieM" <> wrote in message

    > "John Fredrickson" <> wrote in message
    >>I picked up a digital pen camera that doubles as a web-cam. Unfortunately,
    >>the CD that came with it is defective and I cannot install the device
    >>driver. The camera is named a "Dual-Mode DSC 2770" and I bought it as a
    >>kit from a company whose url is www.dk.com. They want $10 for a
    >>replacement disk. I believe the camera was made by a Taiwanese company
    >>named "Service and Quality Technologies" whose web site is at
    >>http://www.sq.com.tw/ . The site is in Chinese and there is no download
    >>section for the retail camera. I looked in http://www.DriverGuide.com, but
    >>the only download with the correct camera name does not install(at least
    >>not in Windows XP).
    >>
    >> If anyone has this camera and the CD, I'd appreciate it if they could
    >> e-mail me the device driver from the CD.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any help.
    >>
    >> John
    >>

    > Does this help ....
    >
    > http://www.driverforum.com/inputdevice5/10764.html

    Bernie,

    The URL you gave me relates to the issue of installing the camera, but does
    not have a solution that works for me. They are complaining that the
    Microsoft ksuser.dll file is missing. Mine is not missing. Thanks anyway.

    John

    John Fredrickson, Jan 15, 2006