    licencing was MS wanted a guaranteed 5% increase per year?

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jun 29, 2009

  2. thingy

    impossible Guest

    "thingy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just chatting to a Govn bod over the weekend and he tells me he was
    > told the reason MS and the Govn couldnt come to an agreement on
    > licencing was MS wanted a guaranteed 5% increase per year?

    Gossip is wonderful like that -- you can say anything you want, attribute it
    to anonymous sources, and pretend you've got the real story.

    For example...just chatting to a Govn bod over the weekend and he tells me
    that thing-thingy-thing2 will believe anuthing you say so long as it's
    anti-Microsoft.

    Do you suppose that's true?

    impossible, Jun 29, 2009

  3. thingy

    Enkidu Guest

    thingy wrote:

    > Just chatting to a Govn bod over the weekend and he tells me he was
    > told the reason MS and the Govn couldnt come to an agreement on
    > licencing was MS wanted a guaranteed 5% increase per year?

    No, it was the 'first born sons' clause.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jun 29, 2009
  4. thingy

    Simon Guest

    On Jun 29, 12:38 pm, thingy <> wrote:
    > Just chatting to a Govn bod over the weekend and he tells me he was
    > told the reason MS and the Govn couldnt come to an agreement on
    > licencing was MS wanted a guaranteed 5% increase per year?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Under the new 3-year Government pricing they're proposing it is higher
    than that! :(

    Can't see the justification for it, especially in a recession.

    Simon, Jun 30, 2009
  5. thingy

    thingy Guest

    On Jun 30, 8:29 pm, Simon <> wrote:
    > On Jun 29, 12:38 pm, thingy <> wrote:
    >
    > > Just chatting to a Govn bod over the weekend and he tells me he was
    > > told the reason MS and the Govn couldnt come to an agreement on
    > > licencing was MS wanted a guaranteed 5% increase per year?

    > > regards

    > > Thing

    > Under the new 3-year Government pricing they're proposing it is higher
    > than that! :(
    >
    > Can't see the justification for it, especially in a recession.

    Hence why the Govn probably kicked it out.....political suicide to
    guarantee someone 5% in today's environment...

    Hence why I would like to know if its true, or not.

    I think Govn depts have made a rod for their own back by sticking to
    MS, but hey that's not my problem....more job opportunities for me....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jun 30, 2009