    I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this piece of art alone, I'm
    not naive. I know I will have to take at least 4 or 5 more good art pictures
    like this one to get rich.

    G. Morgan, Mar 18, 2009

  2. G. Morgan

    OldGringo Guest

    Two Cents To The G. Morgan Post:
    > I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an artist
    > (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge potential my
    > art has.
    >
    > Here is my art:
    > http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
    >
    > Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the price
    > is right. How much would you say the art linked above would fetch? I know
    > I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this piece of art alone, I'm
    > not naive. I know I will have to take at least 4 or 5 more good art pictures
    > like this one to get rich.

    Fantastic, I do the same with Pecan Pie. <g>

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo, Mar 18, 2009

  3. G. Morgan

    doS Guest

    ebay this, i see jesus...

    doS, Mar 18, 2009
  4. G. Morgan

    K W Hart Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    >I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an
    >artist
    > (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge
    > potential my
    > art has.
    >
    > Here is my art:
    > http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
    >
    > Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the
    > price
    > is right. How much would you say the art linked above would fetch? I
    > know
    > I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this piece of art alone,
    > I'm
    > not naive. I know I will have to take at least 4 or 5 more good art
    > pictures
    > like this one to get rich.

    I think you made a mistake in the URL. All I saw was a snapshot of a
    partially eaten pie.

    FWIW, "Art" is generally something that is memorable or causes an emotional
    response. Some examples of photographic art might be a group of soldiers
    raising a flag, a fireman holding an injured infant that he carried from a
    bombed federal building, or a jet flying into a scapescraper in NYC on a
    September morning. Evoking a completely different emotional response might
    be a picture of a beautiful woman standing over a sidewalk vent with her
    dress being blown up around her, or a homecoming sailer kissing a woman on
    the street. There are many other examples.

    Just a slight suggestion: very few works of photographic art have a camera's
    date code on them. Also there is something on the left (leaf, shadow?) that
    is distracting. Additionally, the top edge corner where the table falls away
    at an angle is distracting. The closest "art" that I can think of which
    compares to your's would be a Warhol painting (the soup can). If you are
    attempting to play off of that style, the pie should be centered and the
    background flat and even to the edge.

    Try going to the library and looking at some published "art". Glance at it
    and note any feelings or emotions it evokes. Then analyse it and determine
    what it is about the art that causes that feeling.

    K W Hart, Mar 18, 2009
  5. "K W Hart" <> wrote in message

    > "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    >>I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an
    >>artist
    >> (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge
    >> potential my
    >> art has.
    >>
    >> Here is my art:
    >> http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
    >>
    >> Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the
    >> price
    >> is right. How much would you say the art linked above would fetch? I
    >> know
    >> I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this piece of art alone,
    >> I'm
    >> not naive. I know I will have to take at least 4 or 5 more good art
    >> pictures
    >> like this one to get rich.
    >>

    > I think you made a mistake in the URL. All I saw was a snapshot of a
    > partially eaten pie.
    >
    > FWIW

    <SNIP>

    Jeeeez, everybodys a critic! ;~)

    J¡m ßéâñ, Mar 18, 2009
  6. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    K W Hart wrote:

    >I think you made a mistake in the URL. All I saw was a snapshot of a
    >partially eaten pie.

    No, that was it.

    >FWIW, "Art" is generally something that is memorable or causes an emotional
    >response. Some examples of photographic art might be a group of soldiers
    >raising a flag, a fireman holding an injured infant that he carried from a
    >bombed federal building, or a jet flying into a scapescraper in NYC on a
    >September morning. Evoking a completely different emotional response might
    >be a picture of a beautiful woman standing over a sidewalk vent with her
    >dress being blown up around her, or a homecoming sailer kissing a woman on
    >the street. There are many other examples.

    I agree that all those are a form of art. Your examples are mostly
    journalistic types of art. My art makes you think. It's a thinking man's
    art.

    >Just a slight suggestion: very few works of photographic art have a camera's
    >date code on them.

    That was a mistake, agreed.

    >Also there is something on the left (leaf, shadow?) that
    >is distracting.

    It's there on purpose. I carried the pie over there specifically for the
    leaves, they subtlety add a nature aspect which the eye is drawn to and makes
    you wonder about those leaves. "What kind of plant might that be?" - is
    something a thinking man would start wondering. There are hundreds of
    questions one might ask like, "I wonder who ate that pie?" and "I wonder if
    that pie was eaten in one sitting?" and of course, "What kind of pie *was*
    that anyway?"

    > Additionally, the top edge corner where the table falls away
    >at an angle is distracting.

    I find it breaks up the linear geometry and adds a level of spatial depth.
    Again, done purposefully.

    >The closest "art" that I can think of which
    >compares to your's would be a Warhol painting (the soup can). If you are
    >attempting to play off of that style, the pie should be centered and the
    >background flat and even to the edge.

    I had one similar to that, but it didn't make the cut. Here is that one:

    http://www.imagebam.com/image/a8b66f30107315

    Maybe you like that one better.

    >Try going to the library and looking at some published "art". Glance at it
    >and note any feelings or emotions it evokes. Then analyse it and determine
    >what it is about the art that causes that feeling.

    Yes, I will. Thank you for the feedback.

    G. Morgan, Mar 18, 2009
  7. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    J¡m ßéâñ wrote:

    >Well it certainly stirred an emotional response in me .... a feeling of
    >overwhelming sadness came over me, that whoever ate that pie clearly did not
    >appreciate the BEST part of the pie, leaving it behind .... THE CRUST !!!

    Interesting. As a blossoming artist, I enjoy hearing about the emotions my
    art invokes. :)

    G. Morgan, Mar 19, 2009
  8. G. Morgan

    Clot Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:
    > J¡m ßéâñ wrote:
    >
    >> Well it certainly stirred an emotional response in me .... a feeling
    >> of overwhelming sadness came over me, that whoever ate that pie
    >> clearly did not appreciate the BEST part of the pie, leaving it
    >> behind .... THE CRUST !!!

    > Interesting. As a blossoming artist, I enjoy hearing about the
    > emotions my art invokes. :)

    Extremely well done. I wonder if KHW appreciates the dimension that you are
    working in. :)

    Clot, Mar 19, 2009
  9. G. Morgan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Bada bing K W Hart <> bada bang:

    > "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    >>I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an
    >>artist
    >> (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge
    >> potential my
    >> art has.
    >>
    >> Here is my art:
    >> http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
    >>
    >> Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the
    >> price
    >> is right. How much would you say the art linked above would fetch? I
    >> know
    >> I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this piece of art alone,
    >> I'm
    >> not naive. I know I will have to take at least 4 or 5 more good art
    >> pictures
    >> like this one to get rich.
    >>

    > I think you made a mistake in the URL. All I saw was a snapshot of a
    > partially eaten pie.
    >
    > FWIW, "Art" is generally something that is memorable or causes an emotional
    > response.

    After a couple of years discussing this topic with classmates in
    college, we determined that "Art" is just a man's name.

    Mike "an artist, with papers to prove it" Yetto
    --
    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitas.
    - William of Ockham

    Mike Yetto, Mar 19, 2009
  10. G. Morgan

    chuckcar Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote in

    > I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an
    > artist (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge
    > potential my art has.
    >
    > Here is my art:
    > http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
    >
    > Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the
    > price is right. How much would you say the art linked above would
    > fetch? I know I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this
    > piece of art alone, I'm not naive. I know I will have to take at least
    > 4 or 5 more good art pictures like this one to get rich.

    Sorry, no dice. You made the mistakes of 1. Posting it on the web which if
    you could afford a *real* expensive lawyer you might be able to show was
    *not* an intent to release into the PD and 2. You put in on a site which
    doesn't disable the right-click save as in a browser thereby insuring it's
    PD. 3. We have no interest in paying for "artwork" which would make Modern
    artists fall off of their chair in hysterical laughter.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Mar 19, 2009
  11. G. Morgan

    Leo Lichtman Guest

    "chuckcar" wrote: Sorry, no dice. You made the mistakes of 1. Posting it on
    the web which if
    > you could afford a *real* expensive lawyer you might be able to show was
    > *not* an intent to release into the PD and 2. You put in on a site which
    > doesn't disable the right-click save as in a browser thereby insuring it's
    > PD. 3. We have no interest in paying for "artwork" which would make Modern
    > artists fall off of their chair in hysterical laughter.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Lighten up, "chuckcar." The guy is pulling our collective legs, and I
    think he is falling off his chair in hysterical laughter.

    Since we're not allowed to post art work here, I tried to e-mail you a cake
    art work, and of course, it bounced--if you want to see it, send me a reply,
    and I'll try again.

    Leo Lichtman, Mar 19, 2009
  12. G. Morgan

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:39:46 -0700, "Leo Lichtman"
    <> wrote:

    >Lighten up, "chuckcar." The guy is pulling our collective legs, and I
    >think he is falling off his chair in hysterical laughter.
    >
    >Since we're not allowed to post art work here, I tried to e-mail you a cake
    >art work, and of course, it bounced--if you want to see it, send me a reply,
    >and I'll try again.

    Chucktard's e-mail address is not valid- kind of like his brain.

    Evan Platt, Mar 19, 2009
  13. G. Morgan

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:09:24 +0000, G. Morgan wrote:

    > I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an
    > artist (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge
    > potential my art has.
    >
    > Here is my art:
    > http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
    >
    > Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the
    > price is right. How much would you say the art linked above would
    > fetch? I know I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this
    > piece of art alone, I'm not naive. I know I will have to take at least
    > 4 or 5 more good art pictures like this one to get rich.

    I should think that the circular water damage on the table slightly below
    and to the left of the pie in your work of art might detract
    significantly from its value. If you have access to a local French
    polisher he may be able to remove this blemish.

    Don't try to fix this yourself as you would run the danger of destroying
    ANY value the art may realise.

    FYI,HTH, and HAND

    Aardvark, Mar 19, 2009
  14. G. Morgan <> promulgated this using

    > I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an
    > artist (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge
    > potential my art has.
    >
    > Here is my art:
    > http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
    >
    > Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the
    > price is right. How much would you say the art linked above would
    > fetch? I know I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this
    > piece of art alone, I'm not naive. I know I will have to take at least
    > 4 or 5 more good art pictures like this one to get rich.

    Symbolism for a big yummy vagina... but the fork?
    Does that mean you're a wimmin-hater, except
    for wimmins what bake the pies?

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and *NO*, that is *NOT* "a snake
    in my pocket;" and, *MAYBE*, I *MIGHT BE* "happy" to see you!

    Get yerself some wimmins in yer pickup without even using
    up any of your federally regulated tranquilizer darts :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCGcAQ9nLiI

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 19, 2009
  15. G. Morgan

    Rick Guest

    Re: I made some art. - Pie? What pie? I don't see any pie!

    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2650/pie.jpg

    Rick, Mar 19, 2009
  16. G. Morgan

    chuckcar Guest

    "Leo Lichtman" <> wrote in

    > "chuckcar" wrote: Sorry, no dice. You made the mistakes of 1. Posting
    > it on the web which if
    >> you could afford a *real* expensive lawyer you might be able to show
    >> was *not* an intent to release into the PD and 2. You put in on a site
    >> which doesn't disable the right-click save as in a browser thereby
    >> insuring it's PD. 3. We have no interest in paying for "artwork" which
    >> would make Modern artists fall off of their chair in hysterical
    >> laughter.

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > Lighten up, "chuckcar." The guy is pulling our collective legs, and I
    > think he is falling off his chair in hysterical laughter.
    >
    > Since we're not allowed to post art work here, I tried to e-mail you a
    > cake art work, and of course, it bounced--if you want to see it, send me
    > a reply, and I'll try again.

    No interest. Of course I knew. However being mean to a troll is one of the
    few pleasures in this group right now.

    I don't and I suggest you don't use a real email on usenet. Usenet is a
    forum. Email comes from friends. There is very little if any connection
    between the two.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Mar 19, 2009
  17. G. Morgan

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:11:34 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Email comes from friends.

    Wow... So all those people who want to sell me a Rolex and a mortgage
    are friends?

    Evan Platt, Mar 19, 2009
  18. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    Leo Lichtman wrote:

    >Lighten up, "chuckcar." The guy is pulling our collective legs, and I
    >think he is falling off his chair in hysterical laughter.
    >
    >Since we're not allowed to post art work here, I tried to e-mail you a cake
    >art work, and of course, it bounced--if you want to see it, send me a reply,
    >and I'll try again.

    The fact that chucktard doesn't like/understand my art is a positive signal.

    G. Morgan, Mar 19, 2009
  19. G. Morgan

    Clot Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:
    > Leo Lichtman wrote:
    >
    >> Lighten up, "chuckcar." The guy is pulling our collective legs,
    >> and I think he is falling off his chair in hysterical laughter.
    >>
    >> Since we're not allowed to post art work here, I tried to e-mail you
    >> a cake art work, and of course, it bounced--if you want to see it,
    >> send me a reply, and I'll try again.

    > The fact that chucktard doesn't like/understand my art is a positive
    > signal.

    Did you have to? ;)

    Clot, Mar 19, 2009
  20. G. Morgan