I love to go snapping with this Samyang

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pablo, Jun 2, 2012.

  1. Pablo

    Pablo Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Pablo

    Pablo Guest

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/7321450498/in/set-72157630014030874/

    > Strange, I read, "This photo was taken moments ago using a Canon EOS
    > 1000D." No indication of which lens was used.
    > So, which Samyang lens were you using with your 1000D?

    The exif will tell you that it's an 85mm. It also says f4.0, which is wrong,
    as I forgot to set the camera to match the (manual) lens. They were all
    taken at f2.0.

    --
    Pablo

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/
    http://paulc.es/piso/index.php

    Pablo, Jun 2, 2012

  3. Pablo

    Pablo Guest

    Rich escribió:

    > Pablo <> wrote in news::
    >
    >> Savageduck escribió:
    >>
    >>> On 2012-06-02 10:11:24 -0700, Pablo <> said:
    >>>

    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/7321450498/in/set-72157630014
    >> 030874/
    >>>
    >>> Strange, I read, "This photo was taken moments ago using a Canon EOS
    >>> 1000D." No indication of which lens was used.
    >>> So, which Samyang lens were you using with your 1000D?
    >>>

    >> The exif will tell you that it's an 85mm. It also says f4.0, which is
    >> wrong, as I forgot to set the camera to match the (manual) lens. They
    >> were all taken at f2.0.
    >>

    > Pretty much one of the best values in lenses today.

    It amazes me that it will take such sharp photos at f/2.0. All my other
    manual lenses have to be stopped down to focus on more than just a hair.

    --
    Pablo

    Pablo, Jun 3, 2012
  4. Pablo

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 22:43:00 -0500, Rich <> wrote:
    : Pablo <> wrote in news::
    :
    :
    : >> Pretty much one of the best values in lenses today.
    : >
    : > It amazes me that it will take such sharp photos at f/2.0. All my other
    : > manual lenses have to be stopped down to focus on more than just a hair.
    : >
    :
    : Molded aspherical elements and ED glass have revolutionized lens quality.

    "Molded aspherical elements" = PLASTIC?? ;^) ;^)

    (Second smiley because you're now a member of the Shoot-In crowd!)

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 6, 2012
  5. Robert Coe <> writes:

    > On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 22:43:00 -0500, Rich <> wrote:
    > : Pablo <> wrote in news::
    > :
    > :
    > : >> Pretty much one of the best values in lenses today.
    > : >
    > : > It amazes me that it will take such sharp photos at f/2.0. All my other
    > : > manual lenses have to be stopped down to focus on more than just a hair.
    > : >
    > :
    > : Molded aspherical elements and ED glass have revolutionized lens quality.
    >
    > "Molded aspherical elements" = PLASTIC?? ;^) ;^)

    Nope, molded glass lens elements.
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
    Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

    David Dyer-Bennet, Jun 6, 2012
  6. Pablo

    Bruce Guest

    Rich <> wrote:

    >Robert Coe <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 22:43:00 -0500, Rich <> wrote:
    >>: Pablo <> wrote in
    >>: news::
    >>:
    >>:
    >>: >> Pretty much one of the best values in lenses today.
    >>: >
    >>: > It amazes me that it will take such sharp photos at f/2.0. All my
    >>: > other manual lenses have to be stopped down to focus on more than
    >>: > just a hair.
    >>: >
    >>:
    >>: Molded aspherical elements and ED glass have revolutionized lens
    >>: quality.
    >>
    >> "Molded aspherical elements" = PLASTIC?? ;^) ;^)
    >>
    >> (Second smiley because you're now a member of the Shoot-In crowd!)
    >>
    >> Bob
    >>

    >Well, high-end lenses use molded glass elements that are aspheric. Ultra
    >high-end lenses use hand-made aspherics. Lower-end lenses use hybrid
    >lenses constructed of a glass element with a molded plastic aspheric
    >layer on one side of the glass element. There is no telling what the
    >longevity of such a construction will be, but aspherics

    .... aspherics what?

    I feel like you left us with a dial tone. ;-)

    Bruce, Jun 6, 2012