    "Well, in my case, I get VCRs from the Goodwill thrift store that allows a
    return in 7 days, that way I can ascertain the similar components (or lift a
    fuse or belt for my own evil purposes)!" -Bill Schwenke
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Dec 29, 2003

  2. "Brian "Demolition Man" Little" <> wrote in message
    > OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.

    Yeah. I wish the premium channels DID NOT have any original series I liked
    so I could cancel them FOR INTERRUPTING THE FRELLING MUSIC DURING MOVIE
    CREDITS.
    Michael Walker, Dec 29, 2003

  3. Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

    Eric R. Guest

    "Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <> wrote in message

    > OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.

    Original audio track is the best too! Anyone who buys a DVD with a 5.1
    track of a film that was originally in mono should be strung up by
    their hands and beaten with a bamboo cane until they cry like a girl!

    -Eric
    Eric R., Dec 29, 2003
  4. Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

    Richard C. Guest

    : OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.
    :
    =========
    Amen!
    Richard C., Dec 29, 2003
  5. On 29 Dec 2003 06:21:43 -0800, (Eric R.) wrote:

    >"Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.

    >Original audio track is the best too! Anyone who buys a DVD with a 5.1
    >track of a film that was originally in mono should be strung up by
    >their hands and beaten with a bamboo cane until they cry like a girl!
    >
    >-Eric

    I would not go that far (and neither would you, really, I think), but
    I also do not like it when the original audio is not available. That
    goes for remixes, but even more so for dubs. Anyone who seriously
    watches dubbed movies should be strapped to a chair and forced to
    watch the "Krieg der Sterne", "Zurück in die Zukunft" and "Herr der
    Ringe" trilogies back to back.

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Dec 29, 2003
  6. Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

    Justin Guest

    Michael Walker wrote on [Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:23:12 -0600]:
    > "Brian "Demolition Man" Little" <> wrote in message
    >> OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.

    > Yeah. I wish the premium channels DID NOT have any original series I liked
    > so I could cancel them FOR INTERRUPTING THE FRELLING MUSIC DURING MOVIE
    > CREDITS.

    It's simple. Cancel the premium channels and rent the DVDs when they
    come out.
    Justin, Dec 29, 2003
  7. Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

    Eric R. Guest

    Mischa van Dinter <> wrote in message

    > >Original audio track is the best too! Anyone who buys a DVD with a 5.1
    > >track of a film that was originally in mono should be strung up by
    > >their hands and beaten with a bamboo cane until they cry like a girl!
    > >
    > >-Eric

    > I would not go that far (and neither would you, really, I think)

    Hey, until you've had a bamboo caning, don't knock it.

    > "Zurück in die Zukunft"

    Hallo, McFly, ist jemand innen dort?

    -Eric
    Eric R., Dec 29, 2003
  8. From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Eric R.
    <>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
    > "Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.

    > Original audio track is the best too! Anyone who buys a DVD with a 5.1
    > track of a film that was originally in mono should be strung up by
    > their hands and beaten with a bamboo cane until they cry like a girl!

    As long as the original mono is included then I'm fine with it. Also I've
    heard quite a few 5.1 remixes that do indeed sound better than the
    original mono mixes (Kubrick's "The Shining" is a BIG example).

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    A reminder to the world....
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Dec 30, 2003
  9. Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

    Eric R. Guest

    "Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <> wrote in message

    > Also I've
    > heard quite a few 5.1 remixes that do indeed sound better than the
    > original mono mixes (Kubrick's "The Shining" is a BIG example).

    Yeah, but they're not the original audio track for the theatrical
    release. As far as I'm concerned, if you're demanding the original
    aspect ratio and listening to a butchered soundtrack--then you're just
    a fucking hypocrite.

    -Eric
    Eric R., Dec 30, 2003