I love my Xeon, I hate my Xeon, I love my Xeon...

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by wewa, Nov 9, 2005.

  1. wewa

    wewa Guest

    wewa, Nov 9, 2005

  2. Should be a plus in the Winter season. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 9, 2005

  3. Those Xeon's will keep your whole HOUSE warm.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 9, 2005
  4. I agree. My Dual Xeon 3.2 keeps my whole house *very* warm now ;)

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Nov 9, 2005
  5. Yes, and the hydro bill! (What we call electric utilities here in Canada.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 9, 2005
  6. wewa

    John John Guest

    Yeah... and then searching for more information to help me decide
    whether to stick with Intel or move to AMD I read somewhere on the net
    that Intel reverse engineered AMD chips to achieve 32/64 bit
    compatibility on its EM64Ts! Makes me wonder but the scales are tipping
    to AMD.

    http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,1561875,00.asp?kc=ETRSS02129TX1K0000532

    John

    John John, Nov 9, 2005
  7. The thermal issues have turned me off about Intel chips more than anything
    else. I just have a thing about the temperatures and the measures I have
    had to take to deal with them. Intel is talking about how they are going to
    resolve the problem and I look forward to the day they get it done.

    "Jean-Baptiste Faure" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 10, 2005
  8. wewa

    Randy Guest

    Momma makes me turn my computer off whenever I leave my room...
    ;~)

    Randy, Nov 10, 2005
  9. Yes, one of my least favourite aspects to Intel chips right now. The power
    required for them, and the heat generated, are just more than I'm
    comfortable with.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 10, 2005
  10. I keep the windows open especially since I live on a tropical island. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 10, 2005