i love DVDPacific

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Evil, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. Evil

    Evil Guest

    I posted about my first order with DVDPacific and how well it went.
    Well, i've made 2 more orders since that one and they have gone
    excellently as well. One of my orders was for a single dvd and that
    was a bit of a mistake. It took about a week + $2.98 for the disc to
    get here (arizona) from them b/c they ship USPS postal. When i
    ordered 3 or more, they shipped prioirty for the same price.

    But what really make me happy about them is that the customer service
    is like what i used to get from Ken Cranes! I emailed them a question
    today regarding a dvd they had called EXCELSIOR. they didn't have a
    picture up yet and the info was very sparse. Less than 4 hours later,
    i received a response from a person (not one of those canned "thank
    you for your email" emails) and the web entry was updated with the
    current info. I also asked regarding a couple of other dvds, which
    are avail r2 but not r1 (Dancer's Dream: Raymonda). Again, a few
    hours later, i rec'd a response saying that he looked it up in some
    catalogs and had found a VHS entry but no dvd listing yet. So it may
    be coming at some time.

    They have been extremely kind and very quick in response. I can't say
    how important this is to me in this day where the status quo is
    "ignore the customer as long as you can." It's a bonus that they have
    excellent prices and quick shipment.

    Evil, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Evil

    Grand Poobah Guest

    Must agree here..customer service is exceptional..very refreshing. Some good
    pricing also.

    Grand Poobah, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Evil

    anthony Guest

    I'm in Australia, which means that for Region One releases, I'm
    totally dependent on the internet.
    And after some trial and error, I've found that the only thoroughly
    reliable sources are Amazon.com and DVDPacific. Nuff said....

    anthony, Oct 10, 2003
  4. Evil

    NightStalker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I'm in Australia, which means that for Region One releases, I'm
    > totally dependent on the internet.
    > And after some trial and error, I've found that the only thoroughly
    > reliable sources are Amazon.com and DVDPacific. Nuff said....

    .... and DVDBoxOffice in Canada too. Free shipping also - which helps ;)

    --

    NightStalker

    NightStalker, Oct 10, 2003
  5. Evil

    Lucas Tam Guest

    NightStalker <> wrote in

    > ... and DVDBoxOffice in Canada too. Free shipping also - which helps ;)

    Whoa, DVDBoxOffice charges MSRP prices! Very $$$. Too bad Futureshop.ca
    doesn't ship internationally (only to the US).

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Oct 10, 2003
  6. On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:14:14 GMT, Lucas Tam <>
    wrote:

    >NightStalker <> wrote in
    >

    >> ... and DVDBoxOffice in Canada too. Free shipping also - which helps ;)
    >>

    >Whoa, DVDBoxOffice charges MSRP prices! Very $$$. Too bad Futureshop.ca
    >doesn't ship internationally (only to the US).

    As I've menitoned before, DVDsoon, based in Quebec, has good prices
    and ships worldwide. They even underprice the paperwork for customs.

    . Stev e ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Oct 10, 2003
  7. Evil

    Brendon Guest

    I hate those French covers on the Canadian discs you can get. Big fan of DVD
    Pacific. All US product and pricing is on a par with a lot from Canada
    anyway with the added reliabilty they have shown with shipping times.

    "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:14:14 GMT, Lucas Tam <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >NightStalker <> wrote in
    > >

    > >> ... and DVDBoxOffice in Canada too. Free shipping also - which helps

    ;)

    Brendon, Oct 10, 2003
  8. On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 06:50:07 -0400, "Brendon" <>
    wrote:

    >I hate those French covers on the Canadian discs you can get. Big fan of DVD
    >Pacific. All US product and pricing is on a par with a lot from Canada
    >anyway with the added reliabilty they have shown with shipping times.

    DVDsoon specifically gives a choice, with French covers having a "v.f"
    in the description, but Canadian and US import versions are available
    for all titles. I've ordered many discs from DVDsoon and have always
    had next day delivery here in Toronto. And the Warners Legend
    Collection has just been shipped today...

    . Steve ...

    Steve(JazzHunter), Oct 10, 2003
  9. Evil

    Goldfinger Guest

    "Lucas Tam" <> wrote in message

    > Whoa, DVDBoxOffice charges MSRP prices! Very $$$. Too bad Futureshop.ca
    > doesn't ship internationally (only to the US).

    Yeah, you pay less buying somehwere else with shipping than you would pay
    DVDBoxOffice with free shipping. Guys with half a brain won't buy from
    DVDBoxOffice.

    Goldfinger, Oct 10, 2003
  10. Evil

    Stan Brown Guest

    In article <> in
    alt.video.dvd, Steve(JazzHunter) <>
    wrote:
    >As I've menitoned before, DVDsoon, based in Quebec, has good prices
    >and ships worldwide. They even underprice the paperwork for customs.

    And how is their service? I remember my only attempt to place an
    order with them was a bad experience, but I don't remember details
    so maybe I'm thinking of a different company.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Oct 11, 2003
  11. On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:03:51 -0400, Stan Brown <> wrote:

    >In article <> in
    >alt.video.dvd, Steve(JazzHunter) <>
    >wrote:
    >>As I've menitoned before, DVDsoon, based in Quebec, has good prices
    >>and ships worldwide. They even underprice the paperwork for customs.

    >And how is their service? I remember my only attempt to place an
    >order with them was a bad experience, but I don't remember details
    >so maybe I'm thinking of a different company.

    Amazon 'used' DVD's and CD's are the ONLY way to buy.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 11, 2003
  12. "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    > In article <> in
    > alt.video.dvd, Steve(JazzHunter) <>
    > wrote:
    > >As I've menitoned before, DVDsoon, based in Quebec, has good prices
    > >and ships worldwide. They even underprice the paperwork for customs.

    > And how is their service? I remember my only attempt to place an
    > order with them was a bad experience, but I don't remember details
    > so maybe I'm thinking of a different company.

    DVD Soon service is well..NON EXISTANT.

    Have had good experience with DVD Pacific also..there customer service is
    excellent.

    Brendon Mason, Oct 11, 2003
  13. >Stan Brown <> wrote:
    >And how is their service? I remember my only attempt to place an
    >order with them was a bad experience, but I don't remember details
    >so maybe I'm thinking of a different company.

    My experience with DVDsoon has been excellent (five or six orders
    across the last year). However, I understand that if something goes
    wrong, the company is difficult to deal with. Not many English
    speakers on the staff, perhaps.

    Also, for lowest price items, their price has gone up in the past few
    months.

    Maureen Goldman, Oct 11, 2003