I lost my profile and emails in Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by parimalpune, Feb 19, 2005.

  1. parimalpune

    parimalpune Guest

    Yesterday when I opened thunderbird it had lost all the emails.
    No account information. I had to set up the infor again. what happened
    to the old emails?

    where does it store emails on my computer?
    I could not find the folder with emails.

    thanks for the help.
     
    parimalpune, Feb 19, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. parimalpune

    Ed Mullen Guest

    parimalpune wrote:

    > Yesterday when I opened thunderbird it had lost all the emails.
    > No account information. I had to set up the infor again. what happened
    > to the old emails?
    >
    > where does it store emails on my computer?
    > I could not find the folder with emails.
    >
    > thanks for the help.


    http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/moz.html
    A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
     
    Ed Mullen, Feb 19, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. parimalpune

    parimalpune Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > parimalpune wrote:
    >
    >> Yesterday when I opened thunderbird it had lost all the emails.
    >> No account information. I had to set up the infor again. what happened
    >> to the old emails?
    >>
    >> where does it store emails on my computer?
    >> I could not find the folder with emails.
    >>
    >> thanks for the help.

    >
    >
    > http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
    > http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html
    >

    Thanks.

    Where does it store emails? what is global mail box and local mail mail
    box. Does it store it on my computer? or is it left on the server?
     
    parimalpune, Feb 20, 2005
    #3
  4. parimalpune

    Ed Mullen Guest

    parimalpune wrote:

    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> parimalpune wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yesterday when I opened thunderbird it had lost all the emails.
    >>> No account information. I had to set up the infor again. what
    >>> happened to the old emails?
    >>>
    >>> where does it store emails on my computer?
    >>> I could not find the folder with emails.
    >>>
    >>> thanks for the help.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
    >> http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html
    >>

    > Thanks.
    >
    > Where does it store emails? what is global mail box and local mail mail
    > box. Does it store it on my computer? or is it left on the server?


    Emails are stored in the profile folder. In Windows (although you
    haven't mentioned your OS) it would be a path like:

    C:\Documents and Settings\[windowsuser]\Application
    Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\r7q3hpvc.default\Mail\[mailaccount]

    The actual message files are those withOUT a file extension, e.g., Inbox
    instead of Inbox.msf. The msf files are index files and can be safely
    deleted. No NOT delete any file you are not certain of.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/moz.html
    How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?
     
    Ed Mullen, Feb 21, 2005
    #4
  5. parimalpune

    onepostwonder

    Joined:
    May 25, 2007
    Messages:
    1

    Just signed in to say that THAT was VERY helpful. Searched all over google but you nailed it good. So thank you.
     
    onepostwonder, May 25, 2007
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Ron

    Profile(s) lost

    Ron, Jun 10, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    568
    Doug G
    Jun 10, 2005
  2. r0nbo

    lost profile

    r0nbo, Dec 14, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    621
  3. Slarty Bartfast

    Lost my NT4 Profile

    Slarty Bartfast, Feb 15, 2004, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    753
    Slarty Bartfast
    Feb 16, 2004
  4. Lynn
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    854
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Sep 8, 2005
  5. attila001122
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,146
    attila001122
    Jun 6, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page