    from something calling itself Knut Arvid Keilen or some crap
    like that and delete the whole mess.

    http://pan.rebelbase.com/
    Hal Clark, Aug 27, 2007

  2. Hal Clark

    Vanguard Guest

    "Hal Clark" wrote in message
    news:p...
    > With Pan you can highlite one or a bunch of posts, in this case all
    > posts
    > from something calling itself Knut Arvid Keilen or some crap
    > like that and delete the whole mess.
    >
    > http://pan.rebelbase.com/

    Hell, I can do that in OE, too. Use Ctrl+click to select multiple
    posts or Shift+click to mark the end of ranges of posts and hit the
    Del key (and answer Yes). Poof, all those posts are gone from your
    local store. Obviously neither Pan or OE is doing anything to delete
    the posts from the NNTP server. A bit tedious to do each time you
    revisit the newsgroup. You've heard of killfiling, right?

    I use OE but don't consider it a top-line NNTP client (and Thunderbird
    is worse than OE regarding rules). If OE can do it then the better
    NNTP clients probably also do it. So what makes Pan so special if it
    does what all the others already do? It's not like Pan is a new NNTP
    client. I guess it is new to *you*.
    Vanguard, Aug 27, 2007

  3. Hal Clark

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:23:01 -0500, Hal Clark <> wrote:

    >With Pan you can highlite one or a bunch of posts, in this case all posts
    >from something calling itself Knut Arvid Keilen or some crap
    >like that and delete the whole mess.

    You can do that in just about any newsreader.

    I killfiled Knut a long time ago.
    Evan Platt, Aug 27, 2007
  4. Hal Clark

    elaich Guest

    Hal Clark <> wrote in news:pan.2007.08.27.04.23.01.78000
    @hal.hal:

    I hate Pan.

    --
    A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?
    elaich, Aug 27, 2007
  5. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:23:01 -0500, Hal Clark <> wrote:
    >
    >>With Pan you can highlite one or a bunch of posts, in this case all
    >>posts from something calling itself Knut Arvid Keilen or some crap
    >>like that and delete the whole mess.

    > You can do that in just about any newsreader.
    >
    > I killfiled Knut a long time ago.

    Doesn't look like he's even filtering. Looks like he's just deleting by
    hand every time he sees more of its posts.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 27, 2007
  6. Hal Clark

    Vanguard Guest

    "elaich" wrote in message news:...

    > I hate Pan.

    Aw, come on. Peter was cute in his girly outfit while waving his
    girly sword while, ahem, "playing" with his lost boys and eating piles
    of beans so he could jet fart across the sky.
    Vanguard, Aug 27, 2007
  7. Hal Clark

    Top Guest

    Hal Clark wrote:

    > With Pan you can highlite one or a bunch of posts, in this case all posts
    > from something calling itself Knut Arvid Keilen or some crap
    > like that and delete the whole mess.
    >
    > http://pan.rebelbase.com/

    lol ... You're not much of a troll.
    Top, Aug 27, 2007
  8. Hal Clark

    Cnut Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> schreef in bericht
    > On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:23:01 -0500, Hal Clark <> wrote:
    >
    >>With Pan you can highlite one or a bunch of posts, in this case all posts
    >>from something calling itself Knut Arvid Keilen or some crap
    >>like that and delete the whole mess.

    > You can do that in just about any newsreader.
    >
    > I killfiled Knut a long time ago.

    No you didn't ;-)
    Cnut, Aug 27, 2007