    Someone helped me recently with the XP shutdown string which is great.

    is there something similar to switch the pc on at a certain time?

    thanks.
    Mal Carter, Jan 11, 2008

  2. Mal Carter

    Cub Guest

    "Mal Carter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Someone helped me recently with the XP shutdown string which is great.
    >

    > is there something similar to switch the pc on at a certain time?
    >

    > thanks.

    Look in your MOBO bios , most have that feature
    Cub, Jan 11, 2008

  3. Mal Carter

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:56:37 +1100, "Mal Carter" <> wrote:

    >Someone helped me recently with the XP shutdown string which is great.
    >

    >is there something similar to switch the pc on at a certain time?

    Some good tips / suggestions:

    http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=846356
    Evan Platt, Jan 11, 2008
  4. Mal Carter

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Mal Carter" wrote in message news:...
    > Someone helped me recently with the XP shutdown string which is
    > great.
    >

    > is there something similar to switch the pc on at a certain time?

    Check for an alarm function in your BIOS.

    Try defining an event in Task Scheduler that wakes the computer.
    Probably requires using standby or hibernate power-saving modes rather
    than power cycling the computer.
    VanguardLH, Jan 12, 2008