I Kinda messed up my computers parameter

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ziggy_rocks_@hotmail.com, Mar 11, 2007.

  1. Guest

    When i go to format my c drive it says parameter missing, how can i
    reinstall it or fix my problem. Thanks.
     
    , Mar 11, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Ben Myers Guest

    <> wrote in message news:...
    > When i go to format my c drive it says parameter missing, how can i
    > reinstall it or fix my problem. Thanks.


    Please repost with your problem.

    Ben
     
    Ben Myers, Mar 11, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    On Mar 10, 8:31 pm, "Ben Myers" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in messagenews:...
    > > When i go to format my c drive it says parameter missing, how can i
    > > reinstall it or fix my problem. Thanks.

    >
    > Please repost with your problem.
    >
    > Ben


    My problem is i cant Format C: meaning i cant use my computer anymore.
    When I try to format it, It says The parameter is missing, how can
    this be fixed?
     
    , Mar 11, 2007
    #3
  4. Ben Myers Guest

    Formatting will erase everything on the drive. If this is what you
    are trying to do, type "format c:" and confirm the erasure.

    Ben

    <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Mar 10, 8:31 pm, "Ben Myers" <> wrote:
    > > <> wrote in messagenews:...
    > > > When i go to format my c drive it says parameter missing, how can i
    > > > reinstall it or fix my problem. Thanks.

    > >
    > > Please repost with your problem.
    > >
    > > Ben

    >
    > My problem is i cant Format C: meaning i cant use my computer anymore.
    > When I try to format it, It says The parameter is missing, how can
    > this be fixed?
    >
     
    Ben Myers, Mar 11, 2007
    #4
  5. Moog Guest

    ziggy_rocks_ illuminated the devils arse on Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:34:27
    -0800, by typing:

    > My problem is i cant Format C: meaning i cant use my computer anymore.


    Nope. C: is where your OS resides. C: is *why* your computer is actually
    running.

    > When I try to format it, It says The parameter is missing, how can this
    > be fixed?


    Why do you want to format C:?

    Are you trying to remove your operating system? If so. Why?

    --
    Moog

    http://www.last.fm/user/efcmoog/
    "Liquor in the Front. Poker in the Rear"
     
    Moog, Mar 11, 2007
    #5
  6. Guest

    On Mar 10, 8:45 pm, Moog <> wrote:
    > ziggy_rocks_ illuminated the devils arse on Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:34:27
    > -0800, by typing:
    >
    > > My problem is i cant Format C: meaning i cant use my computer anymore.

    >
    > Nope. C: is where your OS resides. C: is *why* your computer is actually
    > running.
    >
    > > When I try to format it, It says The parameter is missing, how can this
    > > be fixed?

    >
    > Why do you want to format C:?
    >
    > Are you trying to remove your operating system? If so. Why?
    >
    > --
    > Moog
    >
    > http://www.last.fm/user/efcmoog/
    > "Liquor in the Front. Poker in the Rear"


    Yes I do know that, but when i try to do that it wont let me. It will
    say required parameter is missing. Does that have anything to do with
    the partition?
     
    , Mar 11, 2007
    #6
  7. Guest

    On Mar 10, 8:47 pm, wrote:
    > On Mar 10, 8:45 pm, Moog <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > ziggy_rocks_ illuminated the devils arse on Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:34:27
    > > -0800, by typing:

    >
    > > > My problem is i cant Format C: meaning i cant use my computer anymore.

    >
    > > Nope. C: is where your OS resides. C: is *why* your computer is actually
    > > running.

    >
    > > > When I try to format it, It says The parameter is missing, how can this
    > > > be fixed?

    >
    > > Why do you want to format C:?

    >
    > > Are you trying to remove your operating system? If so. Why?

    >
    > > --
    > > Moog

    >
    > >http://www.last.fm/user/efcmoog/
    > > "Liquor in the Front. Poker in the Rear"

    >
    > Yes I do know that, but when i try to do that it wont let me. It will
    > say required parameter is missing. Does that have anything to do with
    > the partition?- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    Kinda weird its not formating my drive. Dont ask any questions im
    confused too, maybe my partition wasnt set? Il ask for help latter if
    i need it.
     
    , Mar 11, 2007
    #7
  8. Moog Guest

    ziggy_rocks_ illuminated the devils arse on Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:47:05
    -0800, by typing:

    > Yes I do know that, but when i try to do that it wont let me. It will
    > say required parameter is missing. Does that have anything to do with
    > the partition?


    The reason it won't let you is because you won't be able to run Windows
    again if you do it. Are you sure this is what you want?

    You can do it, I can tell you how...but WHY do you want to do it?

    --
    Moog

    http://www.last.fm/user/efcmoog/
    "Liquor in the Front. Poker in the Rear"
     
    Moog, Mar 11, 2007
    #8
  9. WhzzKdd Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When i go to format my c drive it says parameter missing, how can i
    > reinstall it or fix my problem. Thanks.
    >


    First important question: What OPERATING SYSTEM

    Second important question:L WHY are you trying to format your C: drive?

    Third important question: HOW are you trying to format your C: drive? From a
    boot disc? From a command prompt?

    Please state your complete problem, and all pertinent information.
     
    WhzzKdd, Mar 11, 2007
    #9
  10. philo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When i go to format my c drive it says parameter missing, how can i
    > reinstall it or fix my problem. Thanks.
    >



    To format your drive...and this assumes you are running win9x
    If you are running Win2k or XP the partition would have to be fat32

    any way...you sue your boot floppy...
    and whne booted to the A: prompt simply issue the command format C:


    that's all there is to is. if you need a new boot floppy you can get one
    from www.bootdisk.com
     
    philo, Mar 11, 2007
    #10
  11. anthonyberet Guest

    wrote:
    > On Mar 10, 8:47 pm, wrote:
    >> On Mar 10, 8:45 pm, Moog <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>> ziggy_rocks_ illuminated the devils arse on Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:34:27
    >>> -0800, by typing:
    >>>> My problem is i cant Format C: meaning i cant use my computer anymore.
    >>> Nope. C: is where your OS resides. C: is *why* your computer is actually
    >>> running.
    >>>> When I try to format it, It says The parameter is missing, how can this
    >>>> be fixed?
    >>> Why do you want to format C:?
    >>> Are you trying to remove your operating system? If so. Why?
    >>> --
    >>> Moog
    >>> http://www.last.fm/user/efcmoog/
    >>> "Liquor in the Front. Poker in the Rear"

    >> Yes I do know that, but when i try to do that it wont let me. It will
    >> say required parameter is missing. Does that have anything to do with
    >> the partition?- Hide quoted text -
    >>
    >> - Show quoted text -

    >
    > Kinda weird its not formating my drive. Dont ask any questions im
    > confused too, maybe my partition wasnt set? Il ask for help latter if
    > i need it.
    >

    You aren't giving the right information for the group to help you.
    What are you actually trying to do (and describe it in as much detail as
    you can please).

    What are you actually typing to try and format and at which prompt?
    What exact error messsage is it giving?
     
    anthonyberet, Mar 11, 2007
    #11
  12. anthonyberet Guest

    anthonyberet, Mar 11, 2007
    #12
  13. Frosty Guest

    On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 06:35:21 -0500 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "philo"
    <>, intended to write something intelligible, but
    instead wrote :

    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> When i go to format my c drive it says parameter missing, how can i
    >> reinstall it or fix my problem. Thanks.
    >>

    >
    >
    >To format your drive...and this assumes you are running win9x
    >If you are running Win2k or XP the partition would have to be fat32
    >
    >any way...you sue your boot floppy...


    Can you recommend a good lawyer for that?

    Frosty



    >and whne booted to the A: prompt simply issue the command format C:
    >
    >
    >that's all there is to is. if you need a new boot floppy you can get one
    >from www.bootdisk.com
    >
     
    Frosty, Mar 12, 2007
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Dave
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    518
  2. Wil
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    3,814
  3. { Listerine Enema }

    My wife's like kinda what my wife's like

    { Listerine Enema }, Jun 1, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    959
    { Listerine Enema }
    Jun 1, 2004
  4. Samuel Townsend
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    635
    Samuel Townsend
    Oct 13, 2004
  5. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    409
    Evan Platt
    Mar 11, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page