    "Wireless Connection Dialog Box that comes up when I left-click the wireless
    network icon in the system tray, and I'm back on for 3-5 minutes. Any
    suggestions???

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBK?=, Jun 14, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBK?=

    Malke Guest

    Mike J wrote:

    > I keep getting bumped off my wireless connection but I hit connect in
    > the "Wireless Connection Dialog Box that comes up when I left-click
    > the wireless network icon in the system tray, and I'm back on for 3-5
    > minutes. Any suggestions???

    1. Try a different channel on your router.
    2. Make sure you renamed your SSID to something other than the router's
    default. You may be connecting to someone else's router with the same
    default SSID.

    If that doesn't fix it, then post back with more details about your
    wireless connection - your hardware, if you ever had a successful
    connection experience and if yes, what changed, etc.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Nevermind. I called the wireless router mnufacturer. They had me change
    channels and the name I used for the SSID and that took care of the problem.
    They also sugessted keeping the router at least 18 inches from the monitor
    and from cordless phones.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBK?=, Jun 14, 2005