    can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the same
    thing in my email inbox

    ---

    jimmy clarke, Apr 27, 2004

  2. jimmy clarke

    Trent SC Guest

    > can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the same
    > thing in my email inbox

    Firstly, consider changing your email address - you're posting it to a
    public newsgroup and they are frequently harvested for spammers and virus
    distributors. Then make sure you disguise your new address properly (I
    recall °Mike° has referenced a url on this recently with good instructions).

    Then set up a message rule to automatically delete from the server any
    message containing the text that you say is in the infected mail. You'll
    find message rules under Tools > Message Rules > Mail.

    And lastly, make sure you have a good anti virus application, and that you
    keep it up to date. I recently worked on a colleague's computer which had
    over 1,000 infected files on. They had Norton installed and assumed it was
    doing the job, despite not having been updated for over a year.

    Trent SC, Apr 27, 2004

  3. jimmy clarke

    °Mike° Guest

    What would that "same thing" be?

    And please turn off the broken AVG signature. It serve NO purpose.

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:27:21 +0100, in
    <5cAjc.38$>
    jimmy clarke scrawled:

    >can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the same
    >thing in my email inbox

    <snip broken signature>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 27, 2004
  4. jimmy clarke

    Boomer Guest

    "jimmy clarke" <> did say:

    > can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the
    > same thing in my email inbox

    [snip sig]

    ~ Munging ~
    http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

    If you use Outlook Express go to...
    Tools> Accounts...> News tab> Properties button> General tab.
    Under "User Information" change the "Name", "E-mail address"
    and "Reply address" fields.

    Example: lid

    Verify that it is Not a valid domain here:
    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

    ~ Spambots ~
    http://www.sendfakemail.com/fakemail/botbait/makebait.asp

    ~ Harvesting ~
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcaselton/spam/harvesting.html

    ~Safe Hex ~
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/safehex.html
    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    Freeware programs:
    SpamPal for Windows http://www.spampal.org/
    FrontGateMX http://www.presorium.com/index.shtml

    Unpatched IE security holes
    http://pivx.com/larholm/unpatched/

    Protecting Your Privacy & Security
    http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm

    Boomer, Apr 27, 2004
  5. jimmy clarke

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel jimmy clarke
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the
    > same thing in my email inbox
    >

    > ---

    See your st00piD out-of-date sig ?

    See the st00piD out-of-date DATE on it ?

    Do you realise you are 10 (yes, TEN!!!) updates behind ?

    See the button on your keyboard that says 'delete' ?

    Have a guess.....
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 28, 2004
  6. jimmy clarke

    Pat Guest

    You only need help with the English language first!

    Pat, Apr 28, 2004
  7. jimmy clarke

    ICee Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel jimmy
    > clarke decided it was time to put the World to rights with this
    > little gem:
    >
    >> can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the
    >> same thing in my email inbox
    >>

    >> ---

    > See your st00piD out-of-date sig ?
    >
    > See the st00piD out-of-date DATE on it ?
    >
    > Do you realise you are 10 (yes, TEN!!!) updates behind ?
    >
    > See the button on your keyboard that says 'delete' ?
    >
    > Have a guess.....

    LOL !

    ICee, Apr 28, 2004
  8. jimmy clarke

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel ICee decided it
    was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    >>> can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the
    >>> same thing in my email inbox
    >>>

    >> See your st00piD out-of-date sig ?
    >>
    >> See the st00piD out-of-date DATE on it ?
    >>
    >> Do you realise you are 10 (yes, TEN!!!) updates behind ?
    >>
    >> See the button on your keyboard that says 'delete' ?
    >>
    >> Have a guess.....

    > LOL !

    The emails probably all say

    "GREETINGS TO YOU MOST WORTHY PARTNER"

    Falicitations and greetings to you, most honourable (as yet unmet) person.

    I am the SON of the late CHIEF Amazulu of The Bank of Western Nigerian
    Democratic Society (419 branch).....
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 28, 2004
  9. jimmy clarke

    ICee Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel ICee
    > decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    >>> See your st00piD out-of-date sig ?
    >>>
    >>> See the st00piD out-of-date DATE on it ?
    >>>
    >>> Do you realise you are 10 (yes, TEN!!!) updates behind ?
    >>>
    >>> See the button on your keyboard that says 'delete' ?
    >>>
    >>> Have a guess.....

    >> LOL !

    > The emails probably all say
    >
    > "GREETINGS TO YOU MOST WORTHY PARTNER"
    >
    > Falicitations and greetings to you, most honourable (as yet unmet)
    > person.
    >
    > I am the SON of the late CHIEF Amazulu of The Bank of Western Nigerian
    > Democratic Society (419 branch).....

    ROTFL MAO

    ICee, Apr 28, 2004
  10. jimmy clarke

    Plato Guest

    jimmy clarke wrote:

    > can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the same
    > thing in my email inbox

    Make sure you're not the one sending them as many trojans do and they
    just may be "returns".

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 28, 2004
  11. jimmy clarke

    Plato Guest

    slumpy wrote:

    > See your st00piD out-of-date sig ?
    > See the st00piD out-of-date DATE on it ?
    > Do you realise you are 10 (yes, TEN!!!) updates behind ?

    April 13th is not really an issue in my opinion. Those .sigs tho are the
    most silly in any case as nobody can certify an email free email. Even
    if its right up to the most recent .def file. As one can only write
    anti-virus for already known bugs.

    Plato, Apr 28, 2004
  12. jimmy clarke

    Plato Guest

    Pat wrote:

    > You only need help with the English language first!

    It's chat problem. Funny thing, I get resumes written in the same style.
    L8R [grin]

    Plato, Apr 28, 2004
  13. jimmy clarke

    why? Guest