  1. I took Mike Easter's advice, dumped TeraNews and got a new "something."

    Let's see if it works now. It should. Thank you, Mike, and Everyone! Scott
    :)

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jul 11, 2007

  2. "Wereo_SUPREME" <_SPAM> wrote in message
    >I took Mike Easter's advice, dumped TeraNews and got a new "something."
    >
    > Let's see if it works now. It should. Thank you, Mike, and Everyone! Scott
    > :)

    Viola! I believe I can now also change my screen name at will. Learn new
    thigs every day.

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jul 11, 2007

  3. Blinky the Shark, Jul 11, 2007
  4. Wereo_SUPREME

    sittingduck Guest

    Wereo_SUPREME wrote:

    > dumped TeraNews and got a new "something."

    Now dump OE.

    sittingduck, Jul 11, 2007
  5. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    >
    >> Viola!

    > Cello!

    Fiddle!

    Fiddle a bit and get rid of Outhouse Distress while you are on this
    roll, Scott.

    (Wha la, you beat me to it, Blinky...)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 11, 2007
  6. "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    >
    >> Viola!

    > Cello!
    >

    > --
    > Blinky RLU 297263
    > Killing all posts from Google Groups
    > The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    lol :eek: \

    thank you Blinky :)

    Wereo_SUPREMO, Jul 11, 2007
  7. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in message
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    >>
    >>> Viola!

    >> Cello!

    > Fiddle!
    >
    > Fiddle a bit and get rid of Outhouse Distress while you are on this
    > roll, Scott.
    >
    > (Wha la, you beat me to it, Blinky...)
    >
    > --
    > -bts

    heheheh :eek:

    Wereo_SUPREMO, Jul 11, 2007
  8. "sittingduck" <> wrote in message
    > Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    >
    >> dumped TeraNews and got a new "something."

    > Now dump OE.

    whoa! :)

    Wereo_SUPREMO, Jul 11, 2007
  9. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    >>
    >>> Viola!

    >> Cello!

    > Fiddle!
    >
    > Fiddle a bit and get rid of Outhouse Distress while you are on this
    > roll, Scott.
    >
    > (Wha la, you beat me to it, Blinky...)

    Voila!

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 11, 2007
  10. Wereo_SUPREMO wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    >>
    >>> Viola!

    >> Cello!
    >>

    >> --
    >> Blinky RLU 297263
    >> Killing all posts from Google Groups
    >> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    > lol :eek: \
    >
    > thank you Blinky :)

    So did you get my point? What was it?

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 11, 2007
  11. Wereo_SUPREME

    sittingduck Guest

    Wereo_SUPREMO wrote:

    >> Now dump OE.

    > whoa! :)

    Furthermore, get a newsreader that will do scoring. It's fun.

    sittingduck, Jul 11, 2007
  12. Wereo_SUPREME

    Mike Easter Guest

    Wereo_SUPREMO wrote:
    > "sittingduck"
    >> Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    >>
    >>> dumped TeraNews and got a new "something."

    >> Now dump OE.

    > whoa! :)

    I don't think I would keep using OE if there weren't OE QuoteFix, which
    has its own problems. And/But I think there are significant problems
    trying to use OEQF with XP SP2, which it looks like you are using -
    since your OE v. is 6.00.2900.3138

    If I were XP SP2, then I think I would use some other agent such as
    Tbird, but that isn't a good choice if you do any binaries.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 11, 2007
  13. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Wereo_SUPREMO wrote:
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Cello!
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Blinky RLU 297263
    >>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
    >>> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    >> lol :eek: \
    >>
    >> thank you Blinky :)

    > So did you get my point? What was it?

    I'm *a-feared* you-all have opened-up a veritable Pandora's Box...

    --

    http://www.impeachribbon.com/

    http://www.bettybowers.com/crackwhores.html

    I like the crackwhores on Jerry Springer's show.

    Like when they beat up their mammas for sleeping
    with their husbands who's been a crack-pimp for years.

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 11, 2007
  14. "sittingduck" <> wrote in message
    > Wereo_SUPREMO wrote:
    >
    >>> Now dump OE.

    >> whoa! :)

    > Furthermore, get a newsreader that will do scoring. It's fun.

    \What's scoring?

    Wereo_SUPREEMO, Jul 12, 2007
  15. Wereo_SUPREME

    sittingduck Guest

    Wereo_SUPREEMO wrote:

    > \What's scoring?

    Intro to Xnews' score file.

    Xnews happily steals the scoring system concept from slrn. Basically, each
    article is assigned a score from -9999 to 9999. By default, an article has
    score 0 (no score, or neutral). Articles with score of -9999 or less are
    killed (you'll never see them, unless you turn off hard kill, in which case
    they show up with a red X icon). Articles with score of 9999 or more are
    considered "important" and flagged with a yellow ! icon.

    Xnews scores articles using rules you specify in the score file score.ini.
    This file is a plain text file which you can edit with any text editor
    (Notepad will do). Spaces, tabs, and blank lines are ignored except in
    keywords and regular expressions. The score file consists of sections (like
    ini files). Each section begins with a section header

    [group-regular-expression]

    that is, a regular expression surrounded by [ ] The header indicates which
    groups this section applies to. For example,

    [.]

    indicates this section applies to all groups.

    [^alt\.binaries]

    indicates this section applies to all groups starting with 'alt.binaries'

    [babylon|trek]

    indicates this section applies to all groups containing the word 'babylon' or
    'trek'.

    If group-regular-expression is preceded with a tilde (~), then the meaning is
    inverted. For example, [~babylon|trek] applies to all groups that do NOT
    contain either 'babylon' or 'trek'

    Within each group, you have one or more scoring rules. Each rule begins like
    so:

    Score: number

    that is, the keyword 'Score', followed by ':', followed by one or more
    spaces, then an integer from -9999 to 9999.

    You define each rule by specifying one or more of these headers.and the
    expression to match, like so

    keyword: expression-to-match

    where keyword is one of:

    Message-ID, Subject, From, Xref, Lines, References

    Here's an example:

    [.]
    Score: -9999
    Subject: \$\$\$+

    Score: 9999
    From: luu.*tran

    The two rules above apply to all groups. The first assigns a score of -9999
    (i.e., kills) any article which has three or more consecutive $ in the
    subject. The second marks as important any article whose author is yours
    truly (ah, ego runs amok!).

    If you precede keyword with a ~, then the meaning is inverted. so

    Score: -1000
    ~Subject: mulder|sculley

    subtract 1000 from the score any article that does NOT mention mulder or
    sculley in the subject.

    When the keyword is Lines, then the expression-to-match is an integer
    specifying the minimum number of lines. For example,

    [~binaries]
    Score: -9999
    ~Subject: faq|rfd|rfc

    kills any article appearing outside a binaries group with more than 1000
    lines AND is not a FAQ, RFC, or RFD.

    On the other hand

    [binaries]
    Score: -9999

    kills any article in a binaries group with 50 or fewer lines.

    By the way, I'm only indenting these lines to make it more readable; it makes
    no difference otherwise. The only important thing is each of the lines above
    must appear on a single line by itself. Also, you can add comments by
    putting a percent sign (%) at the beginning of the line.

    By default, each individual test must pass in order for the scoring rule to
    apply, i.e., boolean AND is the default. If you want to use boolean OR
    instead, add an extra : after the Score keyword. For example,

    [^comp\.]
    Score:: -9999
    From: beavis
    From: butthead

    kills any article posted in a comp group which has more than 1000 lines, or
    is crospposted to advocacy, or is from beavis or butthead.

    Note that all keywords are case insensitive. So too are all regular
    expressions, so you don't need to write [Ff][Oo][Oo], just foo will do. If
    you want the expression-to-match to be case sensitive, then put an equal
    sign instead of of a : after the keyword, e.g.

    [.]
    Score: -9999
    ~Subject= .*[a-z]

    kills anything that does not contain at least one lower case letter in the
    subject.

    Sections and rules within each session are applied in the order that they
    aappear in the score file. Each article starts out with a score of zero,
    then for each rule that it passes, its score is incremented or decremented by
    the rule's score value except when the rule's score value is -9999 or 9999,
    in which case the program assigns that score and stops any further testing.
    If you want to assign a single score other than 9999 or -9999, then put an
    equal sign in front of the score value. For example

    Score: =500
    From: joey

    means "if an article was posted by joey, then assign it a score of 500 and
    don't bother looking at any other rule."

    You can add an expiration date to each rule, after which time the rule will
    no longer fires. The format is

    Expires: date

    The line, if present, must appear immediately after a Score: line. For
    example

    % this rule expires at the end of the millenium
    % (okay, the year 1999 anyway :)

    Score: 2000
    Expires: 12/31/1999

    The date format is locale-dependent. It's mm/dd/yyyy for those in the US and
    dd/mm/yyyy for those in the UK and elsewhere.

    If you have an empty section, then scoring for groups matching that section
    will halt at that point. For example, if you want to apply some scores to
    binaries group, but not discussion binaries group, you can do this

    [binaries.*\.d$]
    % this section is left intentionally empty. It prevents the scores below
    from
    % being applied to binaries groups ending in .d

    [binaries]
    Score: 2000

    Xnews' score file format is very similar to slrn's, with (at least) these
    differences: 1) regular expressions are case insensitive in Xnews; 2) slrn
    treats section headers as wildcard expressions while xnews treats them as
    full regular expressions; 3) Xnews does NOT allow scoring on any header other
    than those mentioned, namely, Message-ID, From, Subject, XRef, Lines, and
    References; and 4) as far as I know, slrn doesn't use the empty section as a
    mean to stop evaluation.

    You can read an intro to slrn score file at

    http://kwaziwai.cc.columbia.edu/acis/tutor/slrnscore-txt.html

    There's also a slrn score file FAQ at

    http://kwaziwai.cc.columbia.edu/acis/tutor/slrnscorefile-faq.html

    You can incorporate ideas in the FAQ to make your own score file, taking into
    account the differences stated above.

    Luu Tran
    Feb 23, 1999

    sittingduck, Jul 12, 2007