    ram and a sound card & a video card. Which sound card & video card do you
    guy reccommond I should get for this computer that is kinda keep and you
    work good in this old computer.

    DJboutit, Sep 22, 2004

  2. DJboutit

    CLV3 Guest

    "DJboutit" <> wrote in message
    news:Ep34d.7389$...
    > just picked up a k6 amd 400mhz 64mb pc100 ram with no hd should I keep

    this
    > computer if not how much should I sell it for. If I should keep it I just
    > want to use it for playing for mp3s. So I want to added like 128mb more of
    > ram and a sound card & a video card. Which sound card & video card do you
    > guy reccommond I should get for this computer that is kinda keep and you
    > work good in this old computer.

    I thought I was the only person left with a K6
    lol

    CLV3, Sep 22, 2004

  3. DJboutit

    Plato Guest

    DJboutit wrote:

    > just picked up a k6 amd 400mhz 64mb pc100 ram with no hd should I keep this
    > computer if not how much should I sell it for. If I should keep it I just
    > want to use it for playing for mp3s. So I want to added like 128mb more of
    > ram and a sound card & a video card. Which sound card & video card do you
    > guy reccommond I should get for this computer that is kinda keep and you
    > work good in this old computer.

    grin. You have to be careful selling old pcs even to friends even at a
    really low price. eg you tell them it's not powered enough for XP or aol
    ten or whatever and guess what. The first thing they do is to slap on
    the latest disk they got from aol and their buddies XP.

    Plato, Sep 22, 2004
  4. DJboutit

    colin Guest

    DJboutit <> wrote in message
    > just picked up a k6 amd 400mhz 64mb pc100 ram with no hd should I keep

    this
    > computer if not how much should I sell it for. If I should keep it I just
    > want to use it for playing for mp3s. So I want to added like 128mb more of
    > ram and a sound card & a video card. Which sound card & video card do you
    > guy reccommond I should get for this computer that is kinda keep and you
    > work good in this old computer.

    Keep it and use it for your intended purpose of an mp3 player!
    So long as it`s got a cd-drive; set the bios to boot from a cd, and then
    make some boot-able mp3 cd`s on another system with one of many dos mp3
    players (anyway I think you get the idea).

    colin, Sep 22, 2004
  5. DJboutit, the moldering, archeological scantling, and domestic help, dreamt
    up:

    > plum picked down some k6 amd 400mhz 64mb pc100 ram wid no hd should Ah'
    > keep dis clunka' if not how much should Ah' sell it for. Ah be baaad... If
    > Ah' should keep it Ah' plum wants' t' use it for playin' for mp3s. You de
    > man! So's Ah' wants' t' added likes 128mb more uh ram and some sound card
    > & some video card. Y' dig? Which sound card & video card do ya' guy
    > reccommond Ah' should git for dis clunka' dat be kinda keep and ya' work
    > baaaad in dis old clunker. Ah be baaad...

    testing 123

    --
    You freaking, suffering, sissified cloud of fart gas.

    Macroschisma Digitatis Thermosyntrophicum Fijiviru, Sep 22, 2004
  6. DJboutit

    ProfGene Guest

    You should be able to pick up the stuff for the computer pretty cheaply if
    you know the sites that sell this old stuff but even there it would come
    pretty close the prive of what pentium 2s and 3s are selling for. I have
    seen them for 17 dollars each at a surplus place so it would be perfectly
    good for mp3s but not a lot else. I am using one on a DSL line for a second
    online compute and it works but it was left over from that era, putting
    money into one depends on the use. Selling if rather than giving it away
    would be fine if you have larceny in your heart.

    ProfGene, Sep 25, 2004