I hope the FF developers have seen this

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Z, Jul 2, 2006.

  1. Z

    Z Guest

    Z, Jul 2, 2006

  2. Z

    Splibbilla Guest

    Z <> in news:eek:1Tpg.60$:

    > One of the most common complaints about FF is its memory consumption
    > and management:
    >
    > http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/06/30/ie7_beta3_may_have_advantages_over_fi
    > refox/

    "new IE7 remains a small download, at least by modern standards, and certainly by Microsoft's: under 13 MB"

    hmm, i think minefield (ff3) win32 installer is approx 6mb. despite ( i assume) ie7 uses more of the built-in winxp files than ff
    uses?

    "UPDATE: Multiple readers wrote us to say there's a way to configure Firefox to release memory back to the system while
    minimized. The secret is the about:config page, which contains Firefox's configuration settings. You bring up this page by
    typing about:config into the address bar. Then right-click on the page itself, and from the popup menu, select New -> Boolean.
    In the New Preference Name dialog box, enter config.trim_on_minimize and click OK. Next, in the Enter Boolean value dialog
    box, choose True and click OK. "

    interesting.

    seems certain that ie7 will be much better than ie6

    --
    Bloat Happens
    Splibbilla, Jul 11, 2006

  3. Z