    Im not paying them till Ive found out for sure.
    The other possible suspect has to be freeserve/wanadoo, has anyone any links
    to this kind of scam in the press?

    richardbardsley, Nov 18, 2005

  2. richardbardsley

    gordon Guest

    richardbardsley wrote:
    > They say that they didnt do it, as you would expect them to. Im not sure and
    > Im not paying them till Ive found out for sure.
    > The other possible suspect has to be freeserve/wanadoo, has anyone any links
    > to this kind of scam in the press?

    *plonk* the plonker. This isn't funny any more. You're a wanker of the
    first order.

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Ubuntu 5.10, Pan, Evolution and Firefox

    gordon, Nov 18, 2005

  3. richardbardsley

    Swiss Tony Guest

    "richardbardsley" <> wrote in message
    > They say that they didnt do it, as you would expect them to. Im not sure

    and
    > Im not paying them till Ive found out for sure.
    > The other possible suspect has to be freeserve/wanadoo, has anyone any

    links
    > to this kind of scam in the press?

    Trust me it is nothing to do with either BT or your internet service
    provider. Its all to do with the sites you or anyone that uses your
    computer, browses
    Have a look at this
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/10/01/porn_diallers_and_trojans/ and also
    this http://www.iwf.org.uk/howto/page.20.238.htm

    Swiss Tony, Nov 18, 2005
  4. richardbardsley

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, richardbardsley
    <> wrote:

    > They say that they didnt do it, as you would expect them to. Im not sure and
    > Im not paying them till Ive found out for sure.
    > The other possible suspect has to be freeserve/wanadoo, has anyone any links
    > to this kind of scam in the press?

    I don't think you've mentioned yet if you've learned anything about the
    company that is charging your phone service -- who are they, where, and
    what service was the charge supposedly for?

    You might be able to find a lot about them.

    Mitch, Nov 18, 2005
  5. Mitch wrote:
    > In article <>, richardbardsley
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>They say that they didnt do it, as you would expect them to. Im not sure and
    >>Im not paying them till Ive found out for sure.
    >>The other possible suspect has to be freeserve/wanadoo, has anyone any links
    >>to this kind of scam in the press?

    > I don't think you've mentioned yet if you've learned anything about the
    > company that is charging your phone service -- who are they, where, and
    > what service was the charge supposedly for?
    >
    > You might be able to find a lot about them.

    Who are British Telecom?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Nov 18, 2005
  6. richardbardsley

    Mitch Guest

    In article <A5kff.453$>, Brian H¹©
    <> wrote:

    > > I don't think you've mentioned yet if you've learned anything about the
    > > company that is charging your phone service -- who are they, where, and
    > > what service was the charge supposedly for?
    > >
    > > You might be able to find a lot about them.

    > Who are British Telecom?

    That is who is BILLING him -- and that's where he's confused, I think.
    On the phone bill, it should list the call in question, and that call
    is the one that created the charge; it will be made to some company
    which inflated their rate so that they could get his money in the first
    place.

    I am asking if he has done anything to learn about them -- because they
    are the ones that did this to him.

    Mitch, Nov 18, 2005
  7. richardbardsley

    AD Guest

    You need to either do a bit research on diallers before assuming BT is the
    culprit.
    Once you have done that you might want to move on and get some kind of a
    life
    Cheers

    AD, Nov 18, 2005
  8. richardbardsley

    AGEE Guest

    On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:09:54 GMT, Mitch <> wrote:

    >In article <A5kff.453$>, Brian H¹©
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> > I don't think you've mentioned yet if you've learned anything about the
    >> > company that is charging your phone service -- who are they, where, and
    >> > what service was the charge supposedly for?
    >> >
    >> > You might be able to find a lot about them.

    >> Who are British Telecom?

    >That is who is BILLING him -- and that's where he's confused, I think.
    >On the phone bill, it should list the call in question, and that call
    >is the one that created the charge; it will be made to some company
    >which inflated their rate so that they could get his money in the first
    >place.
    >
    >I am asking if he has done anything to learn about them -- because they
    >are the ones that did this to him.

    The legal mills are still grinding on this one AFAIAA. The current
    argument (September last time I saw anything in the legal journals)
    being put forward is that BT is gaining through a criminal deception
    which would make their charges illegal. It will be up to the courts to
    decide. I know BT have paid out in some cases but not in others.

    AGEE, Nov 18, 2005
  9. richardbardsley

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I told you already, it was not them, it was me I did it.

    pcbutts1, Nov 18, 2005
  10. richardbardsley

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, AGEE
    <> wrote:

    > The legal mills are still grinding on this one AFAIAA. The current
    > argument (September last time I saw anything in the legal journals)
    > being put forward is that BT is gaining through a criminal deception
    > which would make their charges illegal. It will be up to the courts to
    > decide. I know BT have paid out in some cases but not in others.

    I guess that is the only group anyone can fight.
    It's stupid, to my mind.
    The cause of the problem is elsewhere; they are the ones that need to
    be stopped, and need to be prosecuted. Even though it would be
    difficult and complex, any action is pretty much meaningless without
    doing that.
    To fight the local service carrier can only reduce the local service.
    They just are not the ones doing the wrong.

    Mitch, Nov 18, 2005
  11. richardbardsley

    gangle Guest

    Did you put a turd in my computer?

    "pcbutts1" wrote

    gangle, Nov 18, 2005
  12. gangle wrote:
    > Did you put a turd in my computer?

    I'm missing a turd, what's it look like?
    --
    And no, it didn't have any sticks stuck in it to make it look like a bird.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 18, 2005
  13. richardbardsley

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Nov 18, 2005
  14. richardbardsley

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Here it is http://www.crapmachine.com/

    pcbutts1, Nov 18, 2005
  15. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    gordon spewed forth:
    > richardbardsley wrote:
    >> They say that they didnt do it, as you would expect them to. Im not
    >> sure and Im not paying them till Ive found out for sure.
    >> The other possible suspect has to be freeserve/wanadoo, has anyone
    >> any links to this kind of scam in the press?
    >>

    > *plonk* the plonker. This isn't funny any more. You're a wanker of the
    > first order.

    I wouldn't give him that much credit. Third or fourth order, maybe, but not
    first <g>

    (in other words, I don't think he could even get *that* right)

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 18, 2005
  16. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:,
    > gordon spewed forth:
    >> richardbardsley wrote:
    >>> They say that they didnt do it, as you would expect them to.
    >>> Im not sure and Im not paying them till Ive found out for
    >>> sure. The other possible suspect has to be freeserve/wanadoo,
    >>> has anyone any links to this kind of scam in the press?

    >> *plonk* the plonker. This isn't funny any more. You're a wanker
    >> of the first order.

    > I wouldn't give him that much credit. Third or fourth order,
    > maybe, but not first <g>

    Well, if people would stop ordering wanker, maybe they'd stop
    being delivered.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 18, 2005
  17. gangle wrote:

    > Did you put a turd in my computer?
    >
    > "pcbutts1" wrote
    >> I told you already, it was not them, it was me I did it.

    No, that was me. That was the turd time this munth.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 18, 2005
  18. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:Xns971276B085827bnooz@130.133.1.4,
    Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> gordon spewed forth:
    >>>
    >>> *plonk* the plonker. This isn't funny any more. You're a wanker
    >>> of the first order.

    >> I wouldn't give him that much credit. Third or fourth order,
    >> maybe, but not first <g>

    > Well, if people would stop ordering wanker, maybe they'd stop
    > being delivered.

    Ewwwwww!!! I'll have none of that around me, ya hear?

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 19, 2005
  19. richardbardsley

    clot Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > I told you already, it was not them, it was me I did it.

    pcbutts 1: have you been hijacked again? Or, is neville influencing you?

    clot, Nov 19, 2005