I have opportunity to enter photo contest.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Richard Bornstein, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. Hi Everyone:

    I have a chance to enter an amateur photo contest. It is just for fun, as
    the top prize is for $8.00. I have a link to the ones I like the best.

    BASIS OF JUDGING
    50 Points - Quality of Photograph
    (Focus, the angle of shot , lighting , etc.)

    50 Points - Content of Photograph
    (Representative of its category, eye appeal to the viewer, etc.)

    There are numerous categories, and the pictures would be good for at least
    one of the categories:

    1. Wild animal, bird or butterfly
    2. Historic (state location)
    3. Candid camera shot taken at previous Fair
    4. Humourous (with caption)
    5. Action shot
    6. Children at play
    7. A before and after scene (Any subject)

    The link is:

    http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/RickCanada/

    Which photo(s) do you think I should submit? Some I have edited a bit, the
    others are fresh from the camera. Thanks.

    Richard Bornstein, Sep 22, 2006

  2. Richard Bornstein

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:38:57 -0400, Richard Bornstein wrote:

    > Hi Everyone:
    >
    > I have a chance to enter an amateur photo contest. It is just for fun, as
    > the top prize is for $8.00. I have a link to the ones I like the best.
    >
    > BASIS OF JUDGING
    > 50 Points - Quality of Photograph
    > (Focus, the angle of shot , lighting , etc.)
    >

    > 50 Points - Content of Photograph
    > (Representative of its category, eye appeal to the viewer, etc.)
    >
    > There are numerous categories, and the pictures would be good for at least
    > one of the categories:
    >
    > 1. Wild animal, bird or butterfly
    > 2. Historic (state location)
    > 3. Candid camera shot taken at previous Fair
    > 4. Humourous (with caption)
    > 5. Action shot
    > 6. Children at play
    > 7. A before and after scene (Any subject)
    >
    > The link is:
    >
    > http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/RickCanada/
    >
    > Which photo(s) do you think I should submit? Some I have edited a bit, the
    > others are fresh from the camera. Thanks.

    The main point to consider is are you giving them all the reproduction
    rights - if this doesn't matter to you then all well and good.

    --
    Neil
    Delete l to reply

    Neil Ellwood, Sep 22, 2006