    Is there any way I can make my F: drive a C: without reinstalling windows?

    Thanks

    Paul

    Paul H, Jun 21, 2005

  2. Paul H

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Paul H wrote:

    > I recently formatted my HD and reinstalled WinXP. On completion I found in
    > " My Computer" that my Internal zip drive has been assigned drive letter
    > C: and my HD has been assigned F:.
    >
    > Why the hell Windows XP did this I do not know, there was no zip disk in
    > the drive during installation. Some programs are behaving erratically and
    > some are not installing at all, depending on how well written they were in
    > coping with a system disk other that C:.
    >
    > Is there any way I can make my F: drive a C: without reinstalling windows?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Paul

    Yeah, you can do that off of Admin Tools/Disk Management and in the lower
    pane select the drive and right-click *Change Drive Letter or Path*.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Duane Arnold wrote:

    > Paul H wrote:
    >
    >> I recently formatted my HD and reinstalled WinXP. On completion I found
    >> in " My Computer" that my Internal zip drive has been assigned drive
    >> letter C: and my HD has been assigned F:.
    >>
    >> Why the hell Windows XP did this I do not know, there was no zip disk in
    >> the drive during installation. Some programs are behaving erratically and
    >> some are not installing at all, depending on how well written they were
    >> in coping with a system disk other that C:.
    >>
    >> Is there any way I can make my F: drive a C: without reinstalling
    >> windows?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Paul

    > Yeah, you can do that off of Admin Tools/Disk Management and in the lower
    > pane select the drive and right-click *Change Drive Letter or Path*.
    >
    > Duane :)

    Or also right click on "My computer", select "Manage" then "Disk
    Management". It's an other way.

    Thanks to Duane ;-) for the speed and correct FREE answer.

    --
    David Van Mosselbeen - DVM
    http://dvm.zapto.org:3333

    David Van Mosselbeen, Jun 21, 2005
  4. Re: Faecal Incontinence Meds

    David Van Mosselbeen, <>, the far-out, stray
    ham sandwich, and ploughman, fulminated:

    --
    Thou unmuzzled codpiece. Thou knotty-pated buzzard.

    David Van Mosselbeen, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Paul H

    John Doe Guest

    Re: ROWAMINO SUPPOSITORIES

    John Doe, <>, the sour, mistaken hairy-legged
    vampire bat, and young boy employed in the pits to help other workers, sang:

    --
    Thou half-face. Thou fool of fortune.

    John Doe, Jun 22, 2005
  6. Re: ROWAMINO SUPPOSITORIES

    Eric,is that you?

    What's in a Name?, Jun 22, 2005
  7. Re: The troubles with jealousy...

    What's in a Name?, <>, the down-and-out, snafu
    grinner, and geriatric servant who runs errands, quarreled:

    --
    Thou stoney-hearted villain. More of your conversation would infect my
    brain.

    What's in a Name?, Jun 22, 2005
  8. Re: The troubles with jealousy...

    What's in a Name? wrote:
    > What's in a Name?, <>, the down-and-out, snafu
    > grinner, and geriatric servant who runs errands, quarreled:
    >

    >>I got a life..... now what do I do with it?

    I guess I'll just give it away....no wait! My wife says she isn't done
    with it yet.

    What's in a Name?, Jun 22, 2005
  9. Re: Is she cheating me..

    What's in a Name?, <>, the myopic, heaped-up
    ****-knuckle, and borer of holes in wood, beefed:

    --
    Thou superstitious idle-headed eld. The tartness of his face sours ripe
    grapes, when he walks he moves like an engine and the ground shrinks before

    What's in a Name?, Jun 22, 2005
  10. Re: Is she cheating me..

    What's in a Name? wrote:
    > What's in a Name?, <>, the myopic, heaped-up
    > ****-knuckle, and borer of holes in wood, beefed:
    >

    >>it hurts when I go pee pee. Do I have a bladder infection or vd??? i'm
    >>still a virgin.

    Got to go now eric,mammy says "got to feed the critters in the morn....

    What's in a Name?, Jun 22, 2005
  11. Paul H

    G. Smith Guest

    I don't think you can change the letter of the boot disk in XP.

    This is a common problem when installing XP. If there is no disk in the zip
    drive when XP installs this wont happen.

    G. Smith, Jun 22, 2005
  12. Paul H

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "G. Smith" <> wrote in message
    >I don't think you can change the letter of the boot disk in XP.
    >
    > This is a common problem when installing XP. If there is no disk in the
    > zip drive when XP installs this wont happen.

    Yeah you're right. I have done it not on the boot partition and was able to
    change drive letters. I just tried on the boot partition and the O/S refused
    to do it.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 22, 2005
  13. Paul H

    Paul H Guest

    There was no zip disk in the drive during install!

    This is a weird one

    :eek:/

    Paul H, Jun 22, 2005
  14. Paul H

    G. Smith Guest

    I have had this happen before and I found the only way around it was to
    remove all of the drives but the floppy, cd and boot hard drive. It could
    have something to do with the boot order in your bios also if your zip drive
    is on an ide channel and your hard drive on a raid or serial ata channel.

    G. Smith, Jun 22, 2005
  15. Paul H

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Could be Spyware trying to hijack you. Download, install, update and run all
    of the following.

    Ad-Aware

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
    it can be analyzed.

    HijackThis

    The moron

    pcbutts1, Jun 23, 2005
  16. Actually this is a known issue with Zip drives.

    Unfortunatley, you will have to completely reload Windows.

    This time, before you install Windows, disconnect the zip drive. I normally
    just remove the ribbon cable.

    Once the zip drive has been disconnected, do a complete fresh install of
    Windows. It should detect your HD as drive C: this time.

    Once Windows is installed, turn the system off and recconect the zip drive.
    Windows will detect it and all will be fine.

    You can use the built-in drive mangement to re-assign any letter to any
    volume EXCEPT the boot partition.

    Timothy Drouillard, Jun 24, 2005
  17. Timothy Drouillard, <>, the eager fribble who pines
    for a brawny non-operative transsexual with a stiff one-eyed monk to conduct
    excessive bed sports, wrote:

    > Actually this is a known issue with Zip drives.
    >
    > Unfortunatley, you will have to completely reload Windows.
    >
    > This time, before you install Windows, disconnect the zip drive. I
    > normally just remove the ribbon cable.
    >
    > Once the zip drive has been disconnected, do a complete fresh install
    > of Windows. It should detect your HD as drive C: this time.
    >
    > Once Windows is installed, turn the system off and recconect the zip
    > drive. Windows will detect it and all will be fine.
    >
    > You can use the built-in drive mangement to re-assign any letter to
    > any volume EXCEPT the boot partition.

    I don't have a zip drive, you fucking pillock. Got any more bright ideas?

    > "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    >> Could be Spyware trying to hijack you. Download, install, update and
    >> run all
    >> of the following.
    >>
    >> Ad-Aware
    >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    >>
    >> Spybot search and destroy
    >> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
    >>
    >> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    >>
    >> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run
    >> it, save
    >> a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group
    >> so that it can be analyzed.
    >>
    >> HijackThis
    >> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> The moron
    >>

    >> Mike wrote:
    >>> After lurking here for a while ... I have decided to ditch
    >>> "uk.rec.humour" and stick with this NG ......... it has raised more
    >>> laughs than any other NG I know ... lol
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Mike
    >>>
    >>> Pullout "stop" to reply by email

    --
    Thou scurvy politician. There is no more valour in that Poins than in a wild
    duck.

    Dick Woodridge, Jun 24, 2005