    PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the alerts
    off however this does not work?

    Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Jan 19, 2007

  2. Heidi Manway

    David Guest

    "Heidi Manway" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
    > keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my own
    > PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the alerts
    > off however this does not work?

    Sorry can't help you, but you say you have 2 Spyware programmes, I will tell
    you about my two.
    When I put my second one on it gave a report telling me I had 2 short cuts
    on the PC that were a danger could it fix them. I said yes and then
    realised they were for my first Spyware programme

    Regarding AV programmes I had the, now removed, free AVG but this was
    upsetting my Mail ISP Server settings so I put Nortons on at the start of
    the install it complained to me about the AVG being on the PC.

    Seems to me it might be programmes are written to object to rival programmes
    being on.

    --
    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group

    David, Jan 19, 2007

  3. Heidi Manway

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Heidi you need to be more specific. Give more details like what 2 spyware
    software did you install and what is the exact error message.

    pcbutts1, Jan 19, 2007
  4. Heidi Manway

    Heidi Manway Guest

    David wrote:
    > "Heidi Manway" <> wrote in message
    > >I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
    > > keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my own
    > > PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the alerts
    > > off however this does not work?
    > >

    > Sorry can't help you, but you say you have 2 Spyware programmes, I will tell
    > you about my two.
    > When I put my second one on it gave a report telling me I had 2 short cuts
    > on the PC that were a danger could it fix them. I said yes and then
    > realised they were for my first Spyware programme
    >
    > Regarding AV programmes I had the, now removed, free AVG but this was
    > upsetting my Mail ISP Server settings so I put Nortons on at the start of
    > the install it complained to me about the AVG being on the PC.
    >
    > Seems to me it might be programmes are written to object to rival programmes
    > being on.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > David

    I think maybe Webroot Antispyware is the best deal but will it work
    fine with Norton I do Not know
    the other two Software is actually its more!

    http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html
    http://www.safer-networking.com/
    www.lavasoftusa.com
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/CWShredder_Last_Merijn_Version_d4086.html

    Running Norton as well

    Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Jan 19, 2007
  5. pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Heidi you need to be more specific. Give more details like what 2
    > spyware software did you install and what is the exact error message.

    "Leythos fucks pcbutt1 up the arse"
    Advice?, Go here:
    http://pic.smasher.org/default11.png

    Amanda Shithousedoor, Jan 19, 2007
  6. Heidi Manway

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
    > keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my own
    > PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the alerts
    > off however this does not work?

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    place to download their application.

    No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
    requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
    directly from the vendors.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
    ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
    of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
    them to properly clean your system.

    First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

    These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
    order that I would use them myself:

    Dave Lipman's tools:
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Secured2K's AntiPauper (download link/info at)
    http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=65072

    Rogue Fix - This removal tool is the property of Internet Inspiration
    http://www.internetinspiration.co.uk/roguefix.htm

    AdAwareSE can be found here:
    http://www.lavasoft.com/download_and_buy/detection_database/

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm
    All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

    Leythos, Jan 19, 2007
  7. Heidi Manway

    Richard Guest

    >I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
    > keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my own
    > PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the alerts
    > off however this does not work?
    >

    > Heidi

    From an earlier post it appears that one of your new antispyware programs is
    ErrorGuard. This is a spyware/adware program that you do not want on your
    computer. Search Google for "ErrorGuard" will give plenty of references to
    this programs nature.

    From

    http://www.bullguard.com/forum/8/Error-Guard-is-it-a-Virus-or-S_7204.html

    scans your system for errors and ask you for 29.95 USD to register the
    program so that the program can repair those errors. According to the
    privacy policy ( http://www.errorguard.com/privacy.html ), the program may
    collect personal data for marketing and promotional purposes.

    Removal instructions:

    1./ Go to Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs.
    From the list select Error Guard, click Remove or Change to uninstall it.

    2./ Delete the folder ErrorGuard under "Program Files" directory.

    If the Add/Remove procudure fails, try the following steps to manually
    remove this spyware:

    1. Click Start > Run, type 'regedit' to open the Registry Editor.
    2. Navigate to the following registry key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run

    In the right pane, delete the value named "ErrorGuard" which points to the
    file "C:\Program Files\ErrorGuard\ErrorGuard.exe".

    Navigate and delete follows keys:(marked in bold)

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\errorguard
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\app
    paths\errorguard.exe
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\error
    guard

    3./ Exit Regsitry Editor.

    4./ Open Windows Explorer, type '%Windir%\Downloaded Program Files' in the
    address bar. Find and delete the following item:

    {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540006}

    5./ Reboot the computer.

    6./ Delete the following folder and all the content within it:
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\ERRORGUARD

    --
    Richard

    Richard, Jan 19, 2007
  8. Heidi Manway

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Jan 19, 2007
  9. Heidi Manway

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Heidi Manway wrote:
    > I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
    > keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my
    > own PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the
    > alerts off however this does not work?
    >

    > Heidi

    Norton is haywire right out of the box. If you had a lick of sense, you'd
    dump it, take your loss on it, get to using GOOD software, and learn from
    the lesson.

    WhzzKdd, Jan 19, 2007
  10. Heidi Manway

    David Guest

    "WhzzKdd" <> wrote in message

    > Norton is haywire right out of the box. If you had a lick of sense, you'd
    > dump it, take your loss on it, get to using GOOD software, and learn from
    > the lesson.

    Most people in the NG agree with you and do not like Nortons.
    Also the most talked about and wanted to download in the NG is Free AVG.

    But for me Free AVG runs badly on both my PC and Laptop.
    Nortons runs OK on both for me.

    --
    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group

    David, Jan 19, 2007
  11. Heidi Manway

    WhzzKdd Guest

    David wrote:
    > "WhzzKdd" <> wrote in message
    >

    >> Norton is haywire right out of the box. If you had a lick of sense,
    >> you'd dump it, take your loss on it, get to using GOOD software, and
    >> learn from the lesson.
    >>

    > Most people in the NG agree with you and do not like Nortons.
    > Also the most talked about and wanted to download in the NG is Free
    > AVG.
    > But for me Free AVG runs badly on both my PC and Laptop.
    > Nortons runs OK on both for me.

    I believe that if the Norton AV product is installed by itself, leaving out
    the rest of the "security suite", it usually runs and behaves fairly well.
    But when a user installs the "whole meal deal" it can overwhelm many
    systems. If I remember correctly, the corporate version of Norton AV is just
    that - AV only, and is considered to be a great product by many
    users/companies. I also find that to be true with McAfee - the Enterprise
    version is unobtrusive and efficient, but the home version with all the
    other stuff can really jam up a system. Not to mention, they are both very
    difficult to achieve a good "uninstall" of the products. I recently
    unistalled McAfee from a system, using their tools, and it left services
    installed and running on the system.

    As for the AVG, I've not experienced any real problems, but I've seen others
    post here with issues. And there's also Avast, which I use on my old,
    limited horsepower laptop, without it affecting overall performance
    noticably.

    WhzzKdd, Jan 20, 2007
  12. Heidi Manway

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:08:12 -0800, "WhzzKdd" <> wrote:

    <snip>
    >As for the AVG, I've not experienced any real problems, but I've seen others
    >post here with issues. And there's also Avast, which I use on my old,
    >limited horsepower laptop, without it affecting overall performance
    >noticably.

    There's a free version of Kaspersky at www.activevirusshield.com (thanks,
    Walter) which is far ahead of both AVG and Avast in detection.

    --
    A luser is someone who returns a perfectly good hammer to the hardware
    store saying "There's something wrong with it.  I keep hitting my

    Mara, Jan 20, 2007
  13. Heidi Manway

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Mara wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:08:12 -0800, "WhzzKdd"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >> As for the AVG, I've not experienced any real problems, but I've
    >> seen others post here with issues. And there's also Avast, which I
    >> use on my old, limited horsepower laptop, without it affecting
    >> overall performance noticably.

    > There's a free version of Kaspersky at www.activevirusshield.com
    > (thanks, Walter) which is far ahead of both AVG and Avast in
    > detection.

    Good to know - I'll have to give that a "test drive".

    WhzzKdd, Jan 21, 2007