I have found a great divx page !

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by gino@tre.com, Jun 6, 2004.

  1. Guest

    , Jun 6, 2004

  2. wrote:

    > It's here
    > http://divxmania.perso.st

    Don't bother. Pr0n site(s) with 17,354 different popups. Don't know if it
    has any malware, Linux is immune to it....
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Parko Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 04:53:36 +0000, Gary G. Taylor wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> It's here
    >> http://divxmania.perso.st
    >>

    > Don't bother. Pr0n site(s) with 17,354 different popups. Don't know if it
    > has any malware, Linux is immune to it....

    If I stumble across a malware/syware site I usually get a popup something
    along the lines of "OS not Win32 compatible!" Then I have a bit of a larf
    thinking about the suckers who've copped it in the neck.

    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345

    Parko, Jun 7, 2004
  4. jimpgh2002 Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 04:53:36 GMT, "Gary G. Taylor"
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> It's here
    >> http://divxmania.perso.st
    >>

    >Don't bother. Pr0n site(s) with 17,354 different popups. Don't know if it
    >has any malware, Linux is immune to it....

    Yeah, right. Linux is immune SO FAR maybe. Not enough people
    use it to make it worthwhile hacking.
    If & when it gets more popular, it'll have it's share of
    problems.

    jimpgh2002, Jun 8, 2004
  5. jimpgh2002 wrote:

    > On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 04:53:36 GMT, "Gary G. Taylor"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> It's here
    >>> http://divxmania.perso.st
    >>>

    >>Don't bother. Pr0n site(s) with 17,354 different popups. Don't know if it
    >>has any malware, Linux is immune to it....

    > Yeah, right. Linux is immune SO FAR maybe. Not enough people
    > use it to make it worthwhile hacking.
    > If & when it gets more popular, it'll have it's share of
    > problems.

    But automatically downloading and installing malware will NOT be one of
    them.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jun 8, 2004
  6. Parko Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:33:29 +0000, jimpgh2002 wrote:

    > On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 04:53:36 GMT, "Gary G. Taylor"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> It's here
    >>> http://divxmania.perso.st
    >>>

    >>Don't bother. Pr0n site(s) with 17,354 different popups. Don't know if it
    >>has any malware, Linux is immune to it....

    > Yeah, right. Linux is immune SO FAR maybe. Not enough people
    > use it to make it worthwhile hacking.
    > If & when it gets more popular, it'll have it's share of
    > problems.

    Can't make changes to a Linux system without logging in as root and
    knowing the root password. Then there are user accounts, permissions,
    and groups. Its possible to crack a Linux system with time, patience and
    experience. As far as malware and spyware goes: forget it.

    Parko, Jun 8, 2004