I have deleted some Microsoft files of Service Pack, help! help!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Adriano, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Adriano

    Adriano Guest

    Hi,
    in my previous email I wrote:

    "my PC has two HDs:
    "C" with OS and "D".
    After upgrading Win XP I have found in "D" one folder
    "462611bec8b9e4a6aa9aeff5ee0b5f".
    I also see inside that folder another folder: "sp2 folder"
    Inside "sp2" there are two files and another folder "update": two
    files: spmsg.dll and spuninst.exe.
    Inside the folder "update" there are: spuninst.exe
    and spcustom.dll."

    I amiss manually have deleted every file and folder but now when I
    make the reboot of my PC, I have a problem.
    I have Win XP Pro, perhaps if I will install that Service Pack again
    will I haven't problems anymore?
    I cannot make Windows Update, I only have to download that Service
    Pack manually but I don't know what I have to download precisely.
    Can you help me, please?
    Thanks

    bye Adriano

    Adriano, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Adriano

    Jerry G. Guest

    You have to re-install. This is the best fix!

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com