    PS
    Been trying to connect the cd only as master from ide 2 but it's just
    the same.The default jumper setting is master.

    al, Jan 11, 2004

  2. al

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: I have a soltek SL-75DRV5 with a amd 1900 xp.When trying to boot the system reports it can't find any ide devices and using the win 98 start diskette it says cd drivers not installed as no device was detected.It's a brand new hard drive in that's

    Could you possibly make the subject line a little longer?

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:41:46 +0100, in
    <btrcl2$aetc1$-berlin.de>
    al scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 11, 2004

  3. al

    al Guest

    Re: I have a soltek SL-75DRV5 with a amd 1900 xp.When trying to bootthe system reports it can't find any ide devices and using the win 98 startdiskette it says cd drivers not installed as no device was detected.It'sa brand new hard drive in that's wh

    °Mike° wrote:

    > Could you possibly make the subject line a little longer?
    >

    > On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:41:46 +0100, in
    > <btrcl2$aetc1$-berlin.de>
    > al scrawled:
    >

    >>I have a soltek SL-75DRV5 with a amd 1900 xp.When trying to boot the
    >>system reports it can't find any ide devices and using the win 98 start
    >>diskette it says cd drivers not installed as no device was detected.It's
    >>a brand new hard drive in that's why I use the start disk.
    >>The mobo has been in for repairs as it broke down on me when the old
    >>poversupply busted.everything seems to work alright except for the cd
    >>and dvd thing and I have no idea of how to fix it.Never happened to me
    >>before.does anyone know better?
    >>any ideas will be greatly appreciated-
    >>regards al
    >>
    >>PS
    >>Been trying to connect the cd only as master from ide 2 but it's just
    >>the same.The default jumper setting is master.

    I made the subject line as short as possible as I forgot about it.The
    program ripped out a line from my request and used it as subject.
    Happy?
    al

    al, Jan 11, 2004
  4. al

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: I have a soltek SL-75DRV5 with a amd 1900 xp.When trying to boot the system reports it can't find any ide devices and using the win 98 start diskette it says cd drivers not installed as no device was detected.It's a brand new hard drive in that's

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:44:18 +0100, in
    <btrjqq$a20nc$-berlin.de>
    al scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> Could you possibly make the subject line a little longer?
    >>

    >> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:41:46 +0100, in
    >> <btrcl2$aetc1$-berlin.de>
    >> al scrawled:
    >>

    >>>I have a soltek SL-75DRV5 with a amd 1900 xp.When trying to boot the
    >>>system reports it can't find any ide devices and using the win 98 start
    >>>diskette it says cd drivers not installed as no device was detected.It's
    >>>a brand new hard drive in that's why I use the start disk.
    >>>The mobo has been in for repairs as it broke down on me when the old
    >>>poversupply busted.everything seems to work alright except for the cd
    >>>and dvd thing and I have no idea of how to fix it.Never happened to me
    >>>before.does anyone know better?
    >>>any ideas will be greatly appreciated-
    >>>regards al
    >>>
    >>>PS
    >>>Been trying to connect the cd only as master from ide 2 but it's just
    >>>the same.The default jumper setting is master.

    >I made the subject line as short as possible as I forgot about it.

    That is "as short as possible"? <Boggle!>

    >The program ripped out a line from my request and used it as subject.

    Is your name Cassandra?

    >Happy?

    About the subject line? No.
    About the lame explanation? No.
    Otherwise? Yes.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 11, 2004
  5. al

    philo Guest

    "al" <> wrote in message
    > I have a soltek SL-75DRV5 with a amd 1900 xp.When trying to boot the
    > system reports it can't find any ide devices and using the win 98 start
    > diskette it says cd drivers not installed as no device was detected.It's
    > a brand new hard drive in that's why I use the start disk.
    > The mobo has been in for repairs as it broke down on me when the old
    > poversupply busted.everything seems to work alright except for the cd
    > and dvd thing and I have no idea of how to fix it.Never happened to me
    > before.does anyone know better?
    > any ideas will be greatly appreciated-
    > regards al

    first check the bios to be sure your ide channels are enabled...
    for starters you could just put all 4 set to auto

    then if you are sure your cd and hd is connected and jumpered properly
    they should be detected... if not...then it looks like they did not
    repair your board properly and I;d ask for a new replacement

    philo, Jan 11, 2004
  6. al

    °Mike° wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:44:18 +0100, in
    > <btrjqq$a20nc$-berlin.de>
    > al scrawled:
    >

    >>°Mike° wrote:
    >>

    >>>Could you possibly make the subject line a little longer?
    >>>

    >>>On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:41:46 +0100, in
    >>> <btrcl2$aetc1$-berlin.de>
    >>> al scrawled:

    >>I made the subject line as short as possible as I forgot about it.

    > That is "as short as possible"? <Boggle!>
    >
    >>The program ripped out a line from my request and used it as subject.

    > Is your name Cassandra?
    >

    >>Happy?

    > About the subject line? No.
    > About the lame explanation? No.
    > Otherwise? Yes.

    You seems to be a human downer or a natural asshole of the worst
    kind.I'm not used to be called a lier and I suggest that you get the
    mozilla mailprog and write to a newsgroup with no subject line and find
    out that way you are an idiot.And I guess it's to complicated for you to
    make any conclusions of the fact that the subject line and the first
    part of my mail looks exact the same.
    al

    al, Jan 11, 2004
  7. al

    philo wrote:
    > "al" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have a soltek SL-75DRV5 with a amd 1900 xp.When trying to boot the
    >>system reports it can't find any ide devices and using the win 98 start
    >>diskette it says cd drivers not installed as no device was detected.It's
    >>a brand new hard drive in that's why I use the start disk.
    >>The mobo has been in for repairs as it broke down on me when the old
    >>poversupply busted.everything seems to work alright except for the cd
    >>and dvd thing and I have no idea of how to fix it.Never happened to me
    >>before.does anyone know better?
    >>any ideas will be greatly appreciated-
    >>regards al
    >>

    > first check the bios to be sure your ide channels are enabled...
    > for starters you could just put all 4 set to auto
    >
    > then if you are sure your cd and hd is connected and jumpered properly
    > they should be detected... if not...then it looks like they did not
    > repair your board properly and I;d ask for a new replacement

    I'm afraid that you are right about the motherboard.They did not fix it
    properly.But thank's a lot anyway.
    regards al

    al, Jan 11, 2004
  8. al

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: I have a soltek SL-75DRV5 with a amd 1900 xp.When trying to boot the system reports it can't find any ide devices and using the win 98 start diskette it says cd drivers not installed as no device was detected.It's a brand new hard drive in that's

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:57:30 +0100, in
    <btro3s$aeqaj$-berlin.de>
    al scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:44:18 +0100, in
    >> <btrjqq$a20nc$-berlin.de>
    >> al scrawled:

    >>>I made the subject line as short as possible as I forgot about it.

    >> That is "as short as possible"? <Boggle!>
    >>
    >>>The program ripped out a line from my request and used it as subject.

    >> Is your name Cassandra?
    >>

    >>>Happy?

    >> About the subject line? No.
    >> About the lame explanation? No.
    >> Otherwise? Yes.
    >>

    >You seems to be a human downer or a natural asshole of the worst
    >kind.I'm not used to be called a lier and I suggest that you get the
    >mozilla mailprog and write to a newsgroup with no subject line and find
    >out that way you are an idiot.And I guess it's to complicated for you to
    >make any conclusions of the fact that the subject line and the first
    >part of my mail looks exact the same.
    >al

    Boy, I bet you could have got all that in one subject line, too. It would
    have made better sense. Did they have schools where you grew up,
    or are you still in kindergarten?

    I'd like to ask you a question. Where, exactly, did I call you a "lier" <sic>?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 11, 2004