    Gareth Slee

    Stupid gravity!
    Homer Simpson: (Falling out of treehouse)
    If you think it good?, May 20, 2004

  2. Re: I have a machine running Windows XP. I'd like to fit a slavehard drive

    If you think it good? wrote:

    > I have a machine running Windows XP. I'd like to fit a slave hard drive
    > which has Windows 98 installed on it.
    > The XP machine is NTFS and the Windows 98 machine is FAT 32.
    >
    > Will I be able to copy files from the Win 98 machine over onto the XP
    > machine?

    Yes. You'll be able to transfer files back and forth with no problem as
    long as you boot up from the XP drive. But if you boot up from the Win98
    drive you won't get far.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 20, 2004

  3. If you think it good?

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:53:55 -0700, "If you think it good?"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a machine running Windows XP. I'd like to fit a slave hard drive
    >which has Windows 98 installed on it.
    >The XP machine is NTFS and the Windows 98 machine is FAT 32.
    >
    >Will I be able to copy files from the Win 98 machine over onto the XP
    >machine?

    Yes.
    Unk, May 20, 2004
  4. If you think it good?

    Peter Guest

    Yes you will, your XP can read both NTFS and FAT32
    Just make sure your jumpers on the drives are set right (master/slave or
    both cable select - if you connect them on the same cable)

    Good luck
    Peter, May 20, 2004
  5. If you think it good?

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "If you think it good?" <> wrote in message
    > I have a machine running Windows XP. I'd like to fit a slave hard drive
    > which has Windows 98 installed on it.
    > The XP machine is NTFS and the Windows 98 machine is FAT 32.
    >
    > Will I be able to copy files from the Win 98 machine over onto the XP
    > machine?

    Yes. Be sure you have the "Master" and "Slave" jumpers set correctly if you
    add the drive to the same cable as the hard drive in the XP system. And
    check the CMOS setup to be sure the computer will see the hardware.
    Toolman Tim, May 21, 2004