    how much does it cost now?

    Curiosuly,
    Sussan S.

    EsFeS, Oct 15, 2004

  2. EsFeS wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am using and using the 10D.. I have some problems with it, or is it: it
    > having problems with me.. But Between the 10D and 20D Whats the
    > differencies? Which one is better in which way? No more 10Ds available in
    > the store? If yes how much does it cost now?
    >
    > Curiosuly,
    > Sussan S.

    I was never really familiar with the 10D but I can say the 20D is fast.
    By that I mean you turn it on and press the button and you have the image.
    Delay time is almost non-existent. For me that was one of the two things
    that kept me out of the dSLR group.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Oct 15, 2004

  3. EsFeS

    Bill Crocker Guest

    The 20D has many features, and advantages over the 10D, that you may, or may
    not, ever need, or use. But for now, hang on to the 10D, until the dust
    settles. It appears the 20D has some firmware issues that need to be worked
    out. Canon's web site can show you the differences.

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Oct 15, 2004
  4. EsFeS

    b4 Guest

    try http://bobatkins.photo.net/photography/digital/eos20d_eos10d.html

    b4, Oct 15, 2004
  5. EsFeS

    Drifter Guest

    On 15 Oct 2004 09:54:21 GMT, (EsFeS) wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I am using and using the 10D.. I have some problems with it, or is it: it
    >having problems with me.. But Between the 10D and 20D Whats the differencies?
    >Which one is better in which way? No more 10Ds available in the store? If yes
    >how much does it cost now?
    >
    >Curiosuly,
    > Sussan S.

    What are "some problems"?

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Oct 15, 2004
  6. EsFeS

    Ken Tough Guest

    EsFeS <> wrote:

    >I am using and using the 10D.. I have some problems with it, or is it: it
    >having problems with me.. But Between the 10D and 20D Whats the differencies?
    >Which one is better in which way? No more 10Ds available in the store? If yes
    >how much does it cost now?

    Also see:
    http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos20d/page3.asp

    --
    Ken Tough

    Ken Tough, Oct 15, 2004
  7. EsFeS

    GT40 Guest

    Go to someplace like dpreview.com and read about it.

    GT40, Oct 15, 2004
  8. EsFeS

    Robert Barr Guest

    The frustration you're having with your 10D is clearly bad for your
    health. You've read about the perils of stress. You are at risk.

    Send the 10D to me immediately and I'll dispose of it properly.

    Robert Barr, Oct 15, 2004
  9. EsFeS

    George Guest

    "EsFeS" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I am using and using the 10D.. I have some problems with it, or is it: it
    > having problems with me.. But Between the 10D and 20D Whats the

    differencies?
    > Which one is better in which way? No more 10Ds available in the store? If

    yes
    > how much does it cost now?
    >
    > Curiosuly,
    > Sussan S.

    I don't mean this facetiously, but if you have to ask, you aren't missing
    anything! If you
    really needed or wanted any particular features lacking on your 10D, you'd
    know it. So,
    be happy and use what you've got...it's all landfill in five years anyway no
    matter what you
    paid for it.

    George

    George, Oct 15, 2004
  10. EsFeS

    Drifter Guest

    On 15 Oct 2004 09:54:21 GMT, (EsFeS) wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I am using and using the 10D.. I have some problems with it, or is it: it
    >having problems with me.. But Between the 10D and 20D Whats the differencies?
    >Which one is better in which way? No more 10Ds available in the store? If yes
    >how much does it cost now?
    >
    >Curiosuly,
    > Sussan S.

    First, hold any possible ego flare-ups firmly in check.
    Second, Read this article...
    http://194.100.88.243/petteri/pont/Pontification/ba_Don't_Be_A_Bozo/a_Don't_Be_A_Bozo.html

    Now seriously consider your situation.

    If you haven't learned the ins and outs of the 10D, the 20D isn't
    going to be a miracle cure. The learning curve is still there and you
    are just going to have to make the commitment to educating yourself
    before you are going to start being satisfied with your pictures.

    If you have learned the 10D and it just isn't the right piece of
    equipment for the kind of photos you take then you need to make a
    specific list of what you don't like on the 10D and then go to
    someplace like Steve's Digicams
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/cameras_digpro.html
    and see if any of the equipment there better suits your list.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Oct 15, 2004
  11. "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message news:<0fNbd.310905$>...
    > EsFeS wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I am using and using the 10D.. I have some problems with it, or is it: it
    > > having problems with me.. But Between the 10D and 20D Whats the
    > > differencies? Which one is better in which way? No more 10Ds available in
    > > the store? If yes how much does it cost now?
    > >
    > > Curiosuly,
    > > Sussan S.

    > I was never really familiar with the 10D but I can say the 20D is fast.
    > By that I mean you turn it on and press the button and you have the image.
    > Delay time is almost non-existent. For me that was one of the two things
    > that kept me out of the dSLR group.

    The 20D is one of the slowest DSLRs ever made in this respect, but the
    10D was much worse, you are right about that.

    George Preddy, Oct 16, 2004
  12. George Preddy wrote:
    > "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    >> EsFeS wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I am using and using the 10D.. I have some problems with it, or is it:
    >>> it
    >>> having problems with me.. But Between the 10D and 20D Whats the
    >>> differencies? Which one is better in which way? No more 10Ds available
    >>> in
    >>> the store? If yes how much does it cost now?
    >>>
    >>> Curiosuly,
    >>> Sussan S.

    >> I was never really familiar with the 10D but I can say the 20D is
    >> fast.
    >> By that I mean you turn it on and press the button and you have the
    >> image.
    >> Delay time is almost non-existent. For me that was one of the two things
    >> that kept me out of the dSLR group.

    > The 20D is one of the slowest DSLRs ever made in this respect, but the
    > 10D was much worse, you are right about that.

    What camera are you talking about? I am talking about the recently
    released Canon EOS 20D. It had a ½ second delay when turned on and even
    less delay between shutter press and image capture, mostly mirror delay.
    How many digital cameras are faster?

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Oct 16, 2004
  13. In article <iLacd.315079$>, Joseph Meehan
    <> wrote:

    > What camera are you talking about? I am talking about the recently
    > released Canon EOS 20D. It had a ½ second delay when turned on and even
    > less delay between shutter press and image capture, mostly mirror delay.
    > How many digital cameras are faster?

    George is full of shit - again.

    Randall Ainsworth, Oct 16, 2004
  14. EsFeS

    Skip M Guest

    > George Preddy wrote:
    >> "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message

    >>> I was never really familiar with the 10D but I can say the 20D is
    >>> fast.
    >>> By that I mean you turn it on and press the button and you have the
    >>> image.
    >>> Delay time is almost non-existent. For me that was one of the two things
    >>> that kept me out of the dSLR group.

    >> The 20D is one of the slowest DSLRs ever made in this respect, but the
    >> 10D was much worse, you are right about that.

    > What camera are you talking about? I am talking about the recently
    > released Canon EOS 20D. It had a ½ second delay when turned on and even
    > less delay between shutter press and image capture, mostly mirror delay.
    > How many digital cameras are faster?
    >

    > --
    > Joseph E. Meehan
    >
    > 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    George can't, or won't, provide any documentation of any of his claims,
    primarily because such documentation doesn't exist. He's never used a Canon
    camera, at first he said he'd never use such, now he claims to use them all
    the time. If he had used one, he'd never make the outrageous claims he
    does, nor probably use the Sigmas he says he uses.
    The Canon 20D has a start up time as fast as any of my film Canons, fast
    enough as to be considered instantaneous.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Oct 16, 2004
  15. EsFeS

    Big Bill Guest

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:03:42 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
    <> wrote:

    >George Preddy wrote:
    >> "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message

    >>> I was never really familiar with the 10D but I can say the 20D is
    >>> fast.
    >>> By that I mean you turn it on and press the button and you have the
    >>> image.
    >>> Delay time is almost non-existent. For me that was one of the two things
    >>> that kept me out of the dSLR group.

    >> The 20D is one of the slowest DSLRs ever made in this respect, but the
    >> 10D was much worse, you are right about that.

    > What camera are you talking about? I am talking about the recently
    >released Canon EOS 20D. It had a ½ second delay when turned on and even
    >less delay between shutter press and image capture, mostly mirror delay.
    >How many digital cameras are faster?

    Don't worry about. preddy lies.
    He doesn't have any hands on experience with the 20D at all.
    In fact, the guy who reads for him evidently doesn't explain what he
    reads very well, either.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Oct 17, 2004
  16. "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message news:<iLacd.315079$>...
    > George Preddy wrote:
    > > "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message

    > >> I was never really familiar with the 10D but I can say the 20D is
    > >> fast.
    > >> By that I mean you turn it on and press the button and you have the
    > >> image.
    > >> Delay time is almost non-existent. For me that was one of the two things
    > >> that kept me out of the dSLR group.

    > > The 20D is one of the slowest DSLRs ever made in this respect, but the
    > > 10D was much worse, you are right about that.

    > What camera are you talking about? I am talking about the recently
    > released Canon EOS 20D. It had a ½ second delay when turned on and even
    > less delay between shutter press and image capture, mostly mirror delay.
    > How many digital cameras are faster?

    All of them. Other than Canon. In fact, few have any delay at all, a
    hallmark trait of the DSLR in general.

    Most of the newer P&S's are faster than the 20D to start up, and most
    digital cameras are faster than the 10D's pathetic 3 sec startup time.

    George Preddy, Oct 17, 2004
  17. George Preddy wrote:
    >> What camera are you talking about? I am talking about the recently
    >> released Canon EOS 20D. It had a ½ second delay when turned on and even
    >> less delay between shutter press and image capture, mostly mirror delay.
    >> How many digital cameras are faster?

    > All of them. Other than Canon. In fact, few have any delay at all, a
    > hallmark trait of the DSLR in general.
    >
    > Most of the newer P&S's are faster than the 20D to start up, and most
    > digital cameras are faster than the 10D's pathetic 3 sec startup time.

    I am sorry to say you are pathetic. If you need to do thinks like this
    to get attention, I suggest the attention of a mental health professional
    should be in your near future.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Oct 17, 2004
  18. In article <>, George
    Preddy <> wrote:

    > All of them. Other than Canon. In fact, few have any delay at all, a
    > hallmark trait of the DSLR in general.
    >
    > Most of the newer P&S's are faster than the 20D to start up, and most
    > digital cameras are faster than the 10D's pathetic 3 sec startup time.

    GEORGE - your pants are on fire!

    Randall Ainsworth, Oct 17, 2004
  19. EsFeS

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Randall Ainsworth wrote:

    > In article <>, George
    > Preddy <> wrote:
    >

    >>All of them. Other than Canon. In fact, few have any delay at all, a
    >>hallmark trait of the DSLR in general.
    >>
    >>Most of the newer P&S's are faster than the 20D to start up, and most
    >>digital cameras are faster than the 10D's pathetic 3 sec startup time.

    > GEORGE - your pants are on fire!

    George is amazing! Statements like this are so totally at odds with all
    the published test data.

    He must be a professional politician to be able to distort the facts
    with such ease!

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Oct 17, 2004
  20. Phil Wheeler <> writes:

    >George is amazing! Statements like this are so totally at odds with all
    >the published test data.

    >He must be a professional politician to be able to distort the facts
    >with such ease!

    No professional politician would last long if he commonly said things
    that most people in his audience could instantly identify as not just
    lies but the opposite of the actual truth. Politicians are good at
    saying things that can be interpreted multiple ways, or that are not
    quite true but slanted in a way that their current audience wants to
    hear.

    George says things that are obviously false if you've read any reviews
    of the cameras, or used any of them. He would never get elected.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Oct 17, 2004