I hate...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by whome, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. whome

    whome Guest

    whome, Aug 2, 2006

  2. whome wrote:
    > International websites that redirect you to the local NZ site...
    >
    > eg,
    >
    > www.jobserve.com redirects to www.jobserve.com.au
    >
    > Also, dell do the same.

    And Google, although I sometimes end up on google.co.uk if I'm using a
    browser that supports real English.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Aug 2, 2006

  3. whome

    Tony Guest

    whome wrote:
    > International websites that redirect you to the local NZ site...
    >
    > eg,
    >
    > www.jobserve.com redirects to www.jobserve.com.au
    >
    > Also, dell do the same.

    Hows this, ebay.com under firefox has started redirecting to ebay.in !!!!

    Tried on several macines with the same result. It doesn't do it under
    IE, and doesn't do it if I log in via ebay.co.nz first ?

    Tony, Aug 3, 2006
  4. whome

    whome Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > whome wrote:
    >> International websites that redirect you to the local NZ site...
    >>
    >> eg,
    >>
    >> www.jobserve.com redirects to www.jobserve.com.au
    >>
    >> Also, dell do the same.
    >>

    > Hows this, ebay.com under firefox has started redirecting to ebay.in !!!!
    >
    > Tried on several macines with the same result. It doesn't do it under IE,
    > and doesn't do it if I log in via ebay.co.nz first ?

    ebay know something we don't maybe.

    whome, Aug 3, 2006
  5. whome

    thingy Guest

    whome wrote:
    > International websites that redirect you to the local NZ site...
    >
    > eg,
    >
    > www.jobserve.com redirects to www.jobserve.com.au
    >
    > Also, dell do the same.

    If you redo the Dell one it should stay in the USA.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Aug 3, 2006
  6. In article <>,
    says...
    > International websites that redirect you to the local NZ site...
    >
    > eg,
    >
    > www.jobserve.com redirects to www.jobserve.com.au
    >
    > Also, dell do the same.

    Or the local ones (shopnz) that redirect you to Amazon's site (for whatever
    fscking reason: is that going to be in any way useful to me when I am looking
    for a _local_ supplier?).

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Aug 4, 2006