    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 23, 2004

  2. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    > heh, nice
    >
    > "I said I love you, and you said NOTHING. And now,,, Go Away From Me.
    > Here are my love-letter((s)) mock me mock me again and again. Enjoy it,
    > blablabla GO!"
    >
    > Careful with the attachment.
    > They are contaminated with I-Worm/Sober.C
    >
    > --

    It's been in the defs for Norton for over a month so shouldn't be a hassle
    for anyone who keeps their antivirus up to date.

    EMB

    EMB, Jan 23, 2004

  3. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Peter Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    >> Careful with the attachment.
    >> They are contaminated with I-Worm/Sober.C
    >>

    > It's been in the defs for Norton for over a month so shouldn't be a hassle
    > for anyone who keeps their antivirus up to date.

    easier than that - just don't use Microsoft products

    Peter

    Peter, Jan 23, 2004
  4. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    steve Guest

    EMB wrote:

    > "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    >> heh, nice
    >>
    >> "I said I love you, and you said NOTHING. And now,,, Go Away From Me.
    >> Here are my love-letter((s)) mock me mock me again and again. Enjoy it,
    >> blablabla GO!"
    >>
    >> Careful with the attachment.
    >> They are contaminated with I-Worm/Sober.C
    >>
    >> --

    > It's been in the defs for Norton for over a month so shouldn't be a hassle
    > for anyone who keeps their antivirus up to date.
    >
    > EMB

    Of anyone who doesn't use benighted MS Windows virus-ware.

    steve, Jan 23, 2004
  5. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > EMB wrote:
    > > "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    > >> Careful with the attachment.
    > >> They are contaminated with I-Worm/Sober.C
    > >>

    > > It's been in the defs for Norton for over a month so shouldn't be a

    hassle
    > > for anyone who keeps their antivirus up to date.

    > easier than that - just don't use Microsoft products

    Agreed. But windoze just integrates with the crap at work nicely - and
    until i make time to brush up on my linux skills i'll have to use it.

    EMB

    EMB, Jan 23, 2004
  6. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Worm Guest

    > heh, nice

    For a second there, I wondered what I'd done to get you snotty! :)

    Worm

    Worm, Jan 23, 2004
  7. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:20:01 +1300, steve <>
    wrote:

    >EMB wrote:
    >

    >> "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    >>> heh, nice
    >>>
    >>> "I said I love you, and you said NOTHING. And now,,, Go Away From Me.
    >>> Here are my love-letter((s)) mock me mock me again and again. Enjoy it,
    >>> blablabla GO!"
    >>>
    >>> Careful with the attachment.
    >>> They are contaminated with I-Worm/Sober.C
    >>>
    >>> --

    >> It's been in the defs for Norton for over a month so shouldn't be a hassle
    >> for anyone who keeps their antivirus up to date.
    >>
    >> EMB

    >Of anyone who doesn't use benighted MS Windows virus-ware.

    Steve this newsgroup has been pretty well free from OS preaching and
    MS bagging for the last few weeks or more, and it has been a lot more
    pleasant as a result. It may have escaped your notice, but in the
    absence of the preaching, snide remarks & sneering from the anti-MS
    brigade a lot of new people have entered the fray & have begun to make
    this newsgroup a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

    If you think I'm going to put up with you & a few others ruining
    things again you're very much mistaken. The mantle of newsgroup
    moderator does not sit well with me, in fact it pisses me off no end
    that I feel the need to have a go at people like you, and I'll take
    that resentment out on you mate if you **** things up for everyone
    else again.

    You & your mates can your preaching & stay out of the MS threads that
    aren't any of your business, and I'll leave off bagging you in return.
    How's that for a nice easy deal mate, hard to resist huh?

    Gavin

    Gavin Tunney, Jan 23, 2004
  8. Worm wrote:
    >>heh, nice

    > For a second there, I wondered what I'd done to get you snotty! :)
    > Worm

    Sorry... :)

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 23, 2004
  9. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Allistar Guest

    EMB wrote:

    > "Peter" <> wrote in message
    >> EMB wrote:
    >> >>
    >> > It's been in the defs for Norton for over a month so shouldn't be a

    > hassle
    >> > for anyone who keeps their antivirus up to date.

    >> easier than that - just don't use Microsoft products
    >>

    > Agreed. But windoze just integrates with the crap at work nicely - and
    > until i make time to brush up on my linux skills i'll have to use it.

    That's what I used to think too. At my work we have about 40 computers,
    every one except the FTP server runs some flavour Windows. Excepting, also,
    my machine, which is Mandrake 9.1. I have no interoperability issues with
    any infrustructure. Luckily things like FTP AND smtp are open standards,
    and the .doc and .xls formats have been reverse engineered well enoguh to
    be able to operate very well in OpenOffice.org.

    > EMB

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Jan 23, 2004
  10. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    "Allistar" <> wrote in message

    > That's what I used to think too. At my work we have about 40 computers,
    > every one except the FTP server runs some flavour Windows. Excepting,

    also,
    > my machine, which is Mandrake 9.1. I have no interoperability issues with
    > any infrustructure. Luckily things like FTP AND smtp are open standards,
    > and the .doc and .xls formats have been reverse engineered well enoguh to
    > be able to operate very well in OpenOffice.org.

    But supporting windows all day it's easier to not have to make the mental
    jump between os's - at least until i get a lot more familiar with linux :)

    EMB

    EMB, Jan 25, 2004
  11. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Allistar Guest

    EMB wrote:

    > "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> That's what I used to think too. At my work we have about 40 computers,
    >> every one except the FTP server runs some flavour Windows. Excepting,

    > also,
    >> my machine, which is Mandrake 9.1. I have no interoperability issues with
    >> any infrustructure. Luckily things like FTP AND smtp are open standards,
    >> and the .doc and .xls formats have been reverse engineered well enoguh to
    >> be able to operate very well in OpenOffice.org.
    >>

    > But supporting windows all day it's easier to not have to make the mental
    > jump between os's - at least until i get a lot more familiar with linux
    > :)

    Hey, I never said I had to support them, I just use a Linux desktop in a
    primarily Windows environment. Only a few of the people in the office
    actually know, or notice (and none care).

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Jan 26, 2004
  12. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Gurble Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:42:10 GMT, (Gavin Tunney) had
    this to say:

    >If you think I'm going to put up with you & a few others ruining
    >things again you're very much mistaken. The mantle of newsgroup
    >moderator does not sit well with me, in fact it pisses me off no end
    >that I feel the need to have a go at people like you, and I'll take
    >that resentment out on you mate if you **** things up for everyone
    >else again.

    Got out of bed on the wrong side there, Gavin?

    Or just letting out your frustrations about an intermittent blue
    screen, whose cause you cannot detect with the multitude of "useful
    information" contained in the RAM dump?

    Either way, take a pill, mate. Take a Chill Pill...

    Gurble, Jan 26, 2004
  13. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:23:33 +1300, Gurble <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:42:10 GMT, (Gavin Tunney) had
    >this to say:
    >

    >>If you think I'm going to put up with you & a few others ruining
    >>things again you're very much mistaken. The mantle of newsgroup
    >>moderator does not sit well with me, in fact it pisses me off no end
    >>that I feel the need to have a go at people like you, and I'll take
    >>that resentment out on you mate if you **** things up for everyone
    >>else again.

    >Got out of bed on the wrong side there, Gavin?
    >
    >Or just letting out your frustrations about an intermittent blue
    >screen, whose cause you cannot detect with the multitude of "useful
    >information" contained in the RAM dump?

    Worse. I accidentally downloaded a pile of posts from nz.general.
    Reading thru a few of them I see the same old crap that's been ruining
    the .nz newsgroups for years....90% of posts there are made by about
    10 people, including a few familiar names in the form of Steve Withers
    & Patrick Dunford. Take away the preachers, the trolls & the
    gasbagging jackasses who love the sound of their own voice...and you
    may as well close that NG down because just about every normal person
    has left. There's a few diehards who keep trying, but not many.

    A quote from the .nz newsgroup FAQ

    * Be accommodating to other posters, remember that not everybody may
    share your beliefs, experiences or lifestyle.

    Don't really need to say any more do I? Withers has been one of the
    most prolific posters in the NZ newsgroups for longer than I care to
    remember. He wouldn't come within a bulls roar of showing
    consideration for other posters, NGs are the Steve Withers roadshow.

    >Either way, take a pill, mate. Take a Chill Pill...

    Nah. When Steve Withers & his mates start preaching again I'll step in
    and tell them to piss off again. I'm just as stubborn as any preacher
    when I want to be, they'll get the message sooner or later.

    Peter Harrison posts here occasionally about open source & the likes.
    He shows courtesy, he gives information & he makes no judgements. If
    you want to promote a cause here that's how it should be done. Dan
    shows the same consideration, even retains the thread so people can
    block his posts easily if they don't want to read them.

    Gavin

    Gavin Tunney, Jan 29, 2004