    You are burning a dvd, tick the 'auto-shutdown' after burning box,
    then go on holiday . Get back home, and find that a fucking shutdown
    error cos some service could not be ended.
    Sir to you, Apr 3, 2007

  2. Sir to you

    XPD Guest

    "Sir to you" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > You are burning a dvd, tick the 'auto-shutdown' after burning box,
    > then go on holiday . Get back home, and find that a fucking shutdown
    > error cos some service could not be ended.

    You trusted Windows to do something properly ? :)
    XPD, Apr 3, 2007

  3. Sir to you

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Sir to you" <> wrote in message
    > You are burning a dvd, tick the 'auto-shutdown' after burning box,
    > then go on holiday . Get back home, and find that a fucking shutdown
    > error cos some service could not be ended.

    uphclean.exe
    Craig Sutton, Apr 3, 2007
  4. Sir to you

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in news:euspgd$681$1
    @lust.ihug.co.nz:

    > uphclean.exe

    That is a goodie for roaming profiles. And the OP's problem too.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Apr 3, 2007
  5. Sir to you

    Crash Guest

    Sir to you wrote:
    > You are burning a dvd, tick the 'auto-shutdown' after burning box,
    > then go on holiday . Get back home, and find that a fucking shutdown
    > error cos some service could not be ended.

    Yeah its a bit frustrating. Personally I never leaving a running PC expecting
    that it will shut down. Windows is not designed to run unattended.....

    Crash.
    Crash, Apr 3, 2007
  6. Sir to you

    Sonn Guest

    Sir to you wrote:
    > You are burning a dvd, tick the 'auto-shutdown' after burning box,
    > then go on holiday . Get back home, and find that a fucking shutdown
    > error cos some service could not be ended.

    Somnifero is a great little piece of (free) software that can be set to
    shut your computer down. It has always got around the pissy XP issues,
    and shuts down my computer every time, and the best thing is, it takes
    about 30 seconds to set up once it's installed.

    S.
    Sonn, Apr 3, 2007
  7. Sir to you

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Sir to you" <> wrote in message
    > You are burning a dvd, tick the 'auto-shutdown' after burning box,
    > then go on holiday . Get back home, and find that a fucking shutdown
    > error cos some service could not be ended.

    Turn off the auto updates.
    You weren't round to click through the usual genuine Windows agreement.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Apr 3, 2007
  8. Sir to you

    neutrino Guest

    On Apr 4, 12:16 am, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:
    > "Sir to you" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    >
    > > You are burning a dvd, tick the 'auto-shutdown' after burning box,
    > > then go on holiday . Get back home, and find that a fucking shutdown
    > > error cos some service could not be ended.

    > Turn off the auto updates.
    > You weren't round to click through the usual genuine Windows agreement.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    There's a little program available called Autoshutdown, from
    http://www.aquariussoft.com/pc-shutdown
    and it's never failed me yet, I often use it when downloading
    something huge,
    set it for maybe an hour later than expected download finish, and
    it'll shurdown the Pc at the time I specify - and if wanted - ckean up
    temp folder trash etc etc ..
    I see there's something much the same/similar from
    http://www.barefootinc.com/autoshutdown.htm
    but the one I'v been using for some time is the top one..... It gets a
    big Tick for doing exactly what it's supposed to!
    neutrino, Apr 5, 2007
  9. Sir to you

    Sir to you Guest

    On Apr 5, 11:14 am, "neutrino" <> wrote:
    > On Apr 4, 12:16 am, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:
    >
    > > "Sir to you" <> wrote in messagenews:...

    > > > You are burning a dvd, tick the 'auto-shutdown' after burning box,
    > > > then go on holiday . Get back home, and find that a fucking shutdown
    > > > error cos some service could not be ended.

    > > Turn off the auto updates.
    > > You weren't round to click through the usual genuine Windows agreement.

    > > E. Scrooge

    > There's a little program available called Autoshutdown, fromhttp://www.aquariussoft.com/pc-shutdown
    > and it's never failed me yet, I often use it when downloading
    > something huge,
    > set it for maybe an hour later than expected download finish, and
    > it'll shurdown the Pc at the time I specify - and if wanted - ckean up
    > temp folder trash etc etc ..
    > I see there's something much the same/similar fromhttp://www.barefootinc.com/autoshutdown.htm
    > but the one I'v been using for some time is the top one..... It gets a
    > big Tick for doing exactly what it's supposed to!

    Thanks, I'm looking into this and some of the others too.
    Sir to you, Apr 10, 2007