    But on the call with investors on Thursday, RIM executives insisted
    that BlackBerry 10 would be a viable competitor and create "long-term
    stakeholder value."
    RichA, Jun 29, 2012

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >I hate Apple. I think they are the biggest fakes (The "rebel"
    >corporation who isn't supposed to be like a corporation) and vultures
    >that ever existed. They are in essence, "patent trolls." But at least
    >they produce products people want.
    >
    >RIM is dying because of the mindset of the the statement below. It
    >has become the standard "corporate" reaction to falling sales, instead
    >of first and foremost trying to create "customer satisfaction." My
    >reaction to this is, "STOP worrying about how to please Wall Street or
    >Bay Street and START worrying about how to please customers."
    >
    >CNN: RIM to fire 5,000 workers.
    >
    >But on the call with investors on Thursday, RIM executives insisted
    >that BlackBerry 10 would be a viable competitor and create "long-term
    >stakeholder value."

    Perhaps RIM should concentrate on the corporate market rather than try
    to sell their wares to fickle consumers? RIM had a bubble of
    popularity with consumers who valued the ease (and cheapness) of
    BlackBerry text messaging, however Android smartphones now have much
    greater appeal to that market. But the corporate market remains loyal
    to BlackBerry because of the corporate apps it offers.
    Bruce, Jun 29, 2012

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jun 29, 8:14 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > >I hate Apple.  I think they are the biggest fakes (The "rebel"
    > >corporation who isn't supposed to be like a corporation) and vultures
    > >that ever existed. They are in essence, "patent trolls."  But at least
    > >they produce products people want.

    > >RIM is dying because of the mindset of the the statement below.  It
    > >has become the standard "corporate" reaction to falling sales, instead
    > >of first and foremost trying to create "customer satisfaction."  My
    > >reaction to this is, "STOP worrying about how to please Wall Street or
    > >Bay Street and START worrying about how to please customers."

    > >CNN:  RIM to fire 5,000 workers.

    > >But on the call with investors on Thursday, RIM executives insisted
    > >that BlackBerry 10 would be a viable competitor and create "long-term
    > >stakeholder value."

    > Perhaps RIM should concentrate on the corporate market rather than try
    > to sell their wares to fickle consumers?  RIM had a bubble of
    > popularity with consumers who valued the ease (and cheapness) of
    > BlackBerry text messaging, however Android smartphones now have much
    > greater appeal to that market.  But the corporate market remains loyal
    > to BlackBerry because of the corporate apps it offers.

    Maybe, but I keep hearing that more and more companies are green-
    lighting the iPhone for business use. Seems like they don't really
    care about security (the RIM product email system was pretty secure)
    as much as keeping employees entertained.
    RichA, Jun 29, 2012
  4. RichA

    Mike Guest

    On 29/06/2012 8:14 AM, Bruce wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    >
    >> CNN: RIM to fire 5,000 workers.

    So you are saying, 5,000 fewer Rim Jobs?

    --
    Mike
    Mike, Jun 29, 2012
  5. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Bruce
    <> wrote:

    > Perhaps RIM should concentrate on the corporate market rather than try
    > to sell their wares to fickle consumers? RIM had a bubble of
    > popularity with consumers who valued the ease (and cheapness) of
    > BlackBerry text messaging, however Android smartphones now have much
    > greater appeal to that market. But the corporate market remains loyal
    > to BlackBerry because of the corporate apps it offers.

    no they don't. the corporate market is ditching blackberry in droves
    for iphone and android.
    nospam, Jun 29, 2012
  6. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:14:48 +0100, Bruce <> wrote:
    : RichA <> wrote:
    : >I hate Apple. I think they are the biggest fakes (The "rebel"
    : >corporation who isn't supposed to be like a corporation) and vultures
    : >that ever existed. They are in essence, "patent trolls." But at least
    : >they produce products people want.
    : >
    : >RIM is dying because of the mindset of the the statement below. It
    : >has become the standard "corporate" reaction to falling sales, instead
    : >of first and foremost trying to create "customer satisfaction." My
    : >reaction to this is, "STOP worrying about how to please Wall Street or
    : >Bay Street and START worrying about how to please customers."
    : >
    : >CNN: RIM to fire 5,000 workers.
    : >
    : >But on the call with investors on Thursday, RIM executives insisted
    : >that BlackBerry 10 would be a viable competitor and create "long-term
    : >stakeholder value."
    :
    :
    : Perhaps RIM should concentrate on the corporate market rather than try
    : to sell their wares to fickle consumers? RIM had a bubble of
    : popularity with consumers who valued the ease (and cheapness) of
    : BlackBerry text messaging, however Android smartphones now have much
    : greater appeal to that market. But the corporate market remains loyal
    : to BlackBerry because of the corporate apps it offers.

    Surely you jest. Maybe RIM is still viable in the UK, but it seems all but
    gone with the wind here. We dropped them completely a year or two ago. Mine
    was the last Blackberry to disappear from our BB server before we shut it
    down. I actually liked my Blackberry Pearl better than the buggy,
    battery-sucking Android that replaced it, but it gathers dust in my desk
    drawer today.

    The other day I attended a seminar on how to deal with users who want to put
    their personal devices on corporate networks. One of the speakers was a
    consultant who mentioned that developers and providers of mobile device
    management software no longer regard RIM as a serious player. They give even
    the Windows phone a better chance, assuming that Microsoft can find a more
    viable partner than Nokia has become.

    One thing the Blackberry had going for it was its strong, almost unbreakable
    security. Then they gave in to some tinpot Middle-eastern dictator, so nobody
    trusts them anymore.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jun 30, 2012