    first, DHCP for Winme + wireless doesn't work, i use dos command(winipcfg)to view the automatic assign ip, it seems not belongs to 192.168.1.x subnetwork.

    second, i try to assign the ip, mask and default gateway manually, but the internet access still denied. I have no idea about this trouble. Anyone help me?

    Thank you for your kindly support.
    Kevin Daddy, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Kevin Daddy

    Kevin Daddy Guest

    Thank you for your kindly help. But I have Local DNS and drive in the
    Buffalo Wireless router, every time I check form WinXP terminal side, DNS
    status shows the local which I have mentioned above, therefore I put the
    same DNS inside Winme. Is it the reason why I got this trouble? I will try
    later.

    Furthermore, if I try to obtain IP, mask, gateway and DNS automatically, it
    always gets very strange IP like 167.x.x.x. Does this means Winme did not
    support automatically obtain network information?

    Thank you.

    "Morfius" <> дÈëÓʼþ
    > You must make sure you are giving the correct ip.
    >
    > give it a static ip of 192.168.11.115
    > subnet 255.255.255.0
    > gateway 192.168.11.1
    >
    > dns server must be 192.168.11.1 or whatever your default gateway is if not
    > your internet will never work.
    >
    > "Kevin Daddy" wrote:
    >
    > > My home network infra-structure as the follwing,
    > >
    > > FTTB+LAN->Buffalo Wireless Network Router->DHCP(192.168.11.1~100)
    > >
    > > There's no problem for two NB with WinXP OS to sharing Internet and

    printer, but the Sony NB with Winme OS got trouble to access internet,

    Kevin Daddy, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Kevin Daddy

    Kevin Daddy Guest

    I try to use 192.168.11.1 same as gateway to be DNS, but internet access
    still keep silent.I can not even ping out our area local DNS service
    address: 202.96.209.5 and 202.96.209.133. After that I change the access
    style into LAN, everything is fine, IP, mask, Gateway, DNS could be obtain
    automatically.

    Kevin Daddy, Sep 1, 2004