    I can't begin to express how comforting it is to know that in the
    coming years I don't have to worry about manufactured defects showing
    up, that I will be protected.

    charles, Aug 20, 2010

  2. charles

    SMS Guest

    On 20/08/10 12:24 PM, charles wrote:
    > one of the metal screw-in kind.
    >
    > It came with a "LIFETIME WARRANTY, Against Manufactured Defects."
    >
    > I can't begin to express how comforting it is to know that in the
    > coming years I don't have to worry about manufactured defects showing
    > up, that I will be protected.

    That's good. I'm so tired of having to purchase the extended warranty
    for my lens caps.

    SMS, Aug 20, 2010

  3. charles

    Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : It came with a "LIFETIME WARRANTY, Against Manufactured Defects."
    :
    : I can't begin to express how comforting it is to know that in the
    : coming years I don't have to worry about manufactured defects showing
    : up, that I will be protected.

    I'm sorry to break this to you, but the "lifetime warranty" refers to the
    *company's* lifetime, not yours. You may live another 70 years; the company's
    life expectancy is no more than 30 months. :^(

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Aug 21, 2010
  4. charles

    Twibil Guest

    On Aug 20, 4:53 pm, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    > I'm sorry to break this to you, but the "lifetime warranty" refers to the
    > *company's* lifetime, not yours. You may live another 70 years; the company's
    > life expectancy is no more than 30 months.  :^(

    That long?

    I love an optimist.

    Twibil, Aug 21, 2010
  5. charles

    otter Guest

    On Aug 20, 6:53 pm, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:24:26 -0700, charles <> wrote:
    >
    > : one of the metal screw-in kind.
    > :
    > : It came with a "LIFETIME WARRANTY, Against Manufactured Defects."
    > :
    > : I can't begin to express how comforting it is to know that in the
    > : coming years I don't have to worry about manufactured defects showing
    > : up, that I will be protected.
    >
    > I'm sorry to break this to you, but the "lifetime warranty" refers to the
    > *company's* lifetime, not yours. You may live another 70 years; the company's
    > life expectancy is no more than 30 months.  :^(
    >
    > Bob

    Or, it could just refer to the lifetime of the warranty.

    Or perhaps the warranty was purchased from the Lifetime company.

    True story. The first new car I bought, the salesman asked me if I
    wanted "Factory Airconditioning". That sounded good, so I said yes.
    When I picked the car up, I found that they had installed an after-
    market airconditioner from the "Factory Airconditioner" company.

    otter, Aug 21, 2010
  6. charles

    ray Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:24:26 -0700, charles wrote:

    > one of the metal screw-in kind.
    >
    > It came with a "LIFETIME WARRANTY, Against Manufactured Defects."
    >
    > I can't begin to express how comforting it is to know that in the coming
    > years I don't have to worry about manufactured defects showing up, that
    > I will be protected.

    I love those screw-in lens caps. I have a couple of BSA rifle scopes that
    came that way.

    ray, Aug 21, 2010
  7. charles

    Peter Guest

    "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:24:26 -0700, charles <>
    > wrote:
    > : one of the metal screw-in kind.
    > :
    > : It came with a "LIFETIME WARRANTY, Against Manufactured Defects."
    > :
    > : I can't begin to express how comforting it is to know that in the
    > : coming years I don't have to worry about manufactured defects showing
    > : up, that I will be protected.
    >
    > I'm sorry to break this to you, but the "lifetime warranty" refers to the
    > *company's* lifetime, not yours. You may live another 70 years; the
    > company's
    > life expectancy is no more than 30 months. :^(

    considerably shorter if they do an IPO and I invest in it.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Aug 21, 2010
  8. charles

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:10:53 -0500, Allen <>
    wrote:

    >> True story. The first new car I bought, the salesman asked me if I
    >> wanted "Factory Airconditioning". That sounded good, so I said yes.
    >> When I picked the car up, I found that they had installed an after-
    >> market airconditioner from the "Factory Airconditioner" company.

    >Youngsters probably don't remember the early days of auto air
    >conditioning. My parents bought a 1953 Buick Roadmaster and they had an
    >ARA (Applied Refrigeration Associates of Ft Worth, TX) AC installed. The
    >compressor was under the hood and the heat exchanger was in the trunk.
    >Two plastic tubes protruded from the deck behind the back seat. They
    >gave that car to my wife and I when we married in 1958. We had to make
    >sure to turn the AC off every few minutes to keep it from freezing over;
    >a reminder that this was about to happen was when it started to snow
    >inside the car. In spite of all the problems it was great, and we used
    >to take a lot of summertime drives simply because the car was air
    >conditioned and our house wasn't. Of course we weren't too pleased by
    >the 7 miles per gallon, but at least the 24 gallon gas tank allowed to
    >us drive decent distances.
    >Allen

    When I moved from Chicago to Orlando in July of 1972 I was driving a
    1972 Chevrolet Nova that did not have air conditioning. Very soon
    after moving here I had an after-market unit installed under the dash.

    The unit generated gallons of water from condensation. There was a
    small drain, but the water would build up in the passenger-side foot
    well. Any hard turn sloshed the water over to my feet.

    I was traveling around Florida in those days making sales calls on
    hospitals. I kept a coffee mug in the car to bail out the water, but
    if I was driving any distance I'd drive barefooted with my trousers
    rolled up. Before I went in the hospital I had to put on shoes and
    socks.

    We had never owned an air conditioned house or car before we moved to
    Florida.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Aug 21, 2010
  9. In article <>,
    tony cooper <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:10:53 -0500, Allen <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >> True story. The first new car I bought, the salesman asked me if I
    > >> wanted "Factory Airconditioning". That sounded good, so I said yes.
    > >> When I picked the car up, I found that they had installed an after-
    > >> market airconditioner from the "Factory Airconditioner" company.

    > >Youngsters probably don't remember the early days of auto air
    > >conditioning. My parents bought a 1953 Buick Roadmaster and they had an
    > >ARA (Applied Refrigeration Associates of Ft Worth, TX) AC installed. The
    > >compressor was under the hood and the heat exchanger was in the trunk.
    > >Two plastic tubes protruded from the deck behind the back seat. They
    > >gave that car to my wife and I when we married in 1958. We had to make
    > >sure to turn the AC off every few minutes to keep it from freezing over;
    > >a reminder that this was about to happen was when it started to snow
    > >inside the car. In spite of all the problems it was great, and we used
    > >to take a lot of summertime drives simply because the car was air
    > >conditioned and our house wasn't. Of course we weren't too pleased by
    > >the 7 miles per gallon, but at least the 24 gallon gas tank allowed to
    > >us drive decent distances.
    > >Allen

    > When I moved from Chicago to Orlando in July of 1972 I was driving a
    > 1972 Chevrolet Nova that did not have air conditioning. Very soon
    > after moving here I had an after-market unit installed under the dash.
    >
    > The unit generated gallons of water from condensation. There was a
    > small drain, but the water would build up in the passenger-side foot
    > well. Any hard turn sloshed the water over to my feet.
    >
    > I was traveling around Florida in those days making sales calls on
    > hospitals. I kept a coffee mug in the car to bail out the water, but
    > if I was driving any distance I'd drive barefooted with my trousers
    > rolled up. Before I went in the hospital I had to put on shoes and
    > socks.
    >
    > We had never owned an air conditioned house or car before we moved to
    > Florida.

    Should have installed a swamp cooler instead :)

    Attila Jozsef, Aug 21, 2010
  10. charles

    John Turco Guest

    tony cooper wrote:

    <heavily edited for brevity>

    > When I moved from Chicago to Orlando in July of 1972 I was driving a
    > 1972 Chevrolet Nova that did not have air conditioning. Very soon
    > after moving here I had an after-market unit installed under the dash.
    >
    > The unit generated gallons of water from condensation. There was a
    > small drain, but the water would build up in the passenger-side foot
    > well. Any hard turn sloshed the water over to my feet.
    >
    > I was traveling around Florida in those days making sales calls on
    > hospitals. I kept a coffee mug in the car to bail out the water, but
    > if I was driving any distance I'd drive barefooted with my trousers
    > rolled up. Before I went in the hospital I had to put on shoes and
    > socks.
    >
    > We had never owned an air conditioned house or car before we moved to
    > Florida.

    Air conditioning is an important invention, developed in the United
    States. It even played a vital role, in the U.S. Navy's defeat of its
    Japanese counterpart, during WWII.

    U.S. submarines slaughtered Japan's merchant shipping, eventually
    crippling that nation's war effort. The fact those subs contained
    AC units, was a significant matter, in the warm waters of the
    Pacific Ocean.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Aug 30, 2010
  11. charles

    Peter Guest

    "John Turco" <> wrote in message
    > tony cooper wrote:
    >
    > <heavily edited for brevity>
    >
    >> When I moved from Chicago to Orlando in July of 1972 I was driving a
    >> 1972 Chevrolet Nova that did not have air conditioning. Very soon
    >> after moving here I had an after-market unit installed under the dash.
    >>
    >> The unit generated gallons of water from condensation. There was a
    >> small drain, but the water would build up in the passenger-side foot
    >> well. Any hard turn sloshed the water over to my feet.
    >>
    >> I was traveling around Florida in those days making sales calls on
    >> hospitals. I kept a coffee mug in the car to bail out the water, but
    >> if I was driving any distance I'd drive barefooted with my trousers
    >> rolled up. Before I went in the hospital I had to put on shoes and
    >> socks.
    >>
    >> We had never owned an air conditioned house or car before we moved to
    >> Florida.

    > Air conditioning is an important invention, developed in the United
    > States. It even played a vital role, in the U.S. Navy's defeat of its
    > Japanese counterpart, during WWII.
    >
    > U.S. submarines slaughtered Japan's merchant shipping, eventually
    > crippling that nation's war effort. The fact those subs contained
    > AC units, was a significant matter, in the warm waters of the
    > Pacific Ocean.

    Underarm deodorant is an often overlooked invention that was originally
    designed as an aid to moral in submarines.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Aug 31, 2010
  12. charles

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:34:25 -0400, "Peter"
    <> wrote:

    >"John Turco" <> wrote in message
    >> tony cooper wrote:
    >>
    >> <heavily edited for brevity>
    >>
    >>> When I moved from Chicago to Orlando in July of 1972 I was driving a
    >>> 1972 Chevrolet Nova that did not have air conditioning. Very soon
    >>> after moving here I had an after-market unit installed under the dash.
    >>>
    >>> The unit generated gallons of water from condensation. There was a
    >>> small drain, but the water would build up in the passenger-side foot
    >>> well. Any hard turn sloshed the water over to my feet.
    >>>
    >>> I was traveling around Florida in those days making sales calls on
    >>> hospitals. I kept a coffee mug in the car to bail out the water, but
    >>> if I was driving any distance I'd drive barefooted with my trousers
    >>> rolled up. Before I went in the hospital I had to put on shoes and
    >>> socks.
    >>>
    >>> We had never owned an air conditioned house or car before we moved to
    >>> Florida.

    >> Air conditioning is an important invention, developed in the United
    >> States. It even played a vital role, in the U.S. Navy's defeat of its
    >> Japanese counterpart, during WWII.
    >>
    >> U.S. submarines slaughtered Japan's merchant shipping, eventually
    >> crippling that nation's war effort. The fact those subs contained
    >> AC units, was a significant matter, in the warm waters of the
    >> Pacific Ocean.
    >>

    >Underarm deodorant is an often overlooked invention that was originally
    >designed as an aid to moral in submarines.

    Morale, maybe, but it might have made it easier for people with loose
    morals to get close.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Aug 31, 2010
  13. charles

    Peter Guest

    "tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:34:25 -0400, "Peter"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"John Turco" <> wrote in message
    >>> tony cooper wrote:
    >>>
    >>> <heavily edited for brevity>

    >>> Air conditioning is an important invention, developed in the United
    >>> States. It even played a vital role, in the U.S. Navy's defeat of its
    >>> Japanese counterpart, during WWII.
    >>>
    >>> U.S. submarines slaughtered Japan's merchant shipping, eventually
    >>> crippling that nation's war effort. The fact those subs contained
    >>> AC units, was a significant matter, in the warm waters of the
    >>> Pacific Ocean.
    >>>

    >>Underarm deodorant is an often overlooked invention that was originally
    >>designed as an aid to moral in submarines.

    > Morale, maybe, but it might have made it easier for people with loose
    > morals to get close.

    Oops!

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Aug 31, 2010
  14. charles

    John Turco Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > "John Turco" <> wrote in message

    <heavily edited for brevity>

    > > Air conditioning is an important invention, developed in the United
    > > States. It even played a vital role, in the U.S. Navy's defeat of its
    > > Japanese counterpart, during WWII.
    > >
    > > U.S. submarines slaughtered Japan's merchant shipping, eventually
    > > crippling that nation's war effort. The fact those subs contained
    > > AC units, was a significant matter, in the warm waters of the
    > > Pacific Ocean.
    > >

    > Underarm deodorant is an often overlooked invention that was originally
    > designed as an aid to moral in submarines.

    Yes, I could easily imagine that! There's a fairly good reason they were
    nicknamed "pig boats," once upon a time.

    Of course, today's nuclear-powered submarines are comparatively spacious,
    and also climate-controlled. They're virtually underwater luxury liners,
    relative to those diesel-electric belchers of bygone eras.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Sep 6, 2010