    laptop but when I setup the wireless I had the wep key option. However I lost
    the paper that I wrote it down on and cant access my on network!!!

    How can I find the wep key?? Someone help?

    =?Utf-8?B?Y20=?=, Apr 23, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y20=?=

    BobC Guest

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:15:02 -0700, cm wrote:

    > how can i look for the wep key on my desktop? I'm trying to connect with my
    > laptop but when I setup the wireless I had the wep key option. However I lost
    > the paper that I wrote it down on and cant access my on network!!!
    >
    > How can I find the wep key?? Someone help?

    Reset your router and wireless devices.

    BobC, Apr 23, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Y20=?=

    JoeT Guest

    "cm" <> wrote in message
    > how can i look for the wep key on my desktop? I'm trying to connect with
    > my
    > laptop but when I setup the wireless I had the wep key option. However I
    > lost
    > the paper that I wrote it down on and cant access my on network!!!
    >
    > How can I find the wep key?? Someone help?

    Every router I've used generates and makes a number of WEP keys available in
    it's wireless configuration pages, also indicating which of the possible
    keys it is using. Why not just log in to your router (from the desktop) and
    see which WEP key it's waiting for and plug it into your laptop's setup?
    You'll also probably need to note which of the possible KEYS the router is
    using, #1 #2 #3 #4 etc and provide that on the laptop as well as the actual
    KEY.

    JoeT, Apr 23, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Y20=?=

    atec Guest

    JoeT wrote:
    > "cm" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>how can i look for the wep key on my desktop? I'm trying to connect with
    >>my
    >>laptop but when I setup the wireless I had the wep key option. However I
    >>lost
    >>the paper that I wrote it down on and cant access my on network!!!
    >>
    >>How can I find the wep key?? Someone help?

    > Every router I've used generates and makes a number of WEP keys available in
    > it's wireless configuration pages, also indicating which of the possible
    > keys it is using. Why not just log in to your router (from the desktop) and
    > see which WEP key it's waiting for and plug it into your laptop's setup?
    > You'll also probably need to note which of the possible KEYS the router is
    > using, #1 #2 #3 #4 etc and provide that on the laptop as well as the actual
    > KEY.

    Assuming of course he has actual access to the desktop ,
    know what I mean ?

    atec, Apr 23, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Y20=?=

    JoeT Guest

    "atec" <> wrote in message
    > JoeT wrote:
    >> "cm" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>how can i look for the wep key on my desktop? I'm trying to connect with
    >>>my
    >>>laptop but when I setup the wireless I had the wep key option. However I
    >>>lost
    >>>the paper that I wrote it down on and cant access my on network!!!
    >>>
    >>>How can I find the wep key?? Someone help?

    >> Every router I've used generates and makes a number of WEP keys available
    >> in it's wireless configuration pages, also indicating which of the
    >> possible keys it is using. Why not just log in to your router (from the
    >> desktop) and see which WEP key it's waiting for and plug it into your
    >> laptop's setup? You'll also probably need to note which of the possible
    >> KEYS the router is using, #1 #2 #3 #4 etc and provide that on the laptop
    >> as well as the actual KEY.
    >>

    > Assuming of course he has actual access to the desktop ,
    > know what I mean ?

    Naturally :)

    The question does seem "questionable" but reasonable doubt is the OP may
    have had set up help from someone more knowledgeable and just doesn't know
    how obvious the answer is. On the other hand, if they're trying to hack,
    well the answer won't help there.

    JoeT, Apr 23, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Y20=?=

    sjg100