    So I want to push buttons and change settings so it cooperates as it
    used to.
    Can anyone recommend some things to try? (Relating to the above.)

    Mohammad Dickinmyass, Jul 5, 2007

  2. Mohammad Dickinmyass

    Guest

    Mohammad Dickinmyass <> wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend some things to try? (Relating to the above.)

    Start | Run <type in>
    control userpasswords2
    <enter>

    Start there.
    --

    Perpetual Motion Machine to provide free energy!
    http://tinyurl.com/2du8yk

    , Jul 5, 2007

  3. On 7/5/2007 1:26 AM, Mohammad Dickinmyass after much thought,came up
    with this jewel:
    > Specifically, I'm not exactly sure what I did.

    You should see what a 12 gauge can do....

    > I installed a program, Irfanview, and fooled with my network
    > connection.
    > But my problem is, some kind of boxy looking "Windows XP Professional"
    > dialog box has made an appearance and wants me to type in a user name
    > and a password to log-on when my PC starts. It never did that before,
    > and I'd prefer it never did it again.
    > But it doesn't care what I prefer.
    > So I want to push buttons and change settings so it cooperates as it
    > used to.
    > Can anyone recommend some things to try? (Relating to the above.)

    Make backups of all your important files(pics,documents,etc.) now.
    Find the restore disks that came with your system.
    You'll need the above after your done "pushing","changing" and general
    "fooling" about.

    max
    --
    My Pages:
    Virus Removal Instructions:

    Maximus the Mad, Jul 5, 2007
  4. Mohammad Dickinmyass

    Gordon Guest

    "Mohammad Dickinmyass" <> wrote in message
    > But my problem is, some kind of boxy looking "Windows XP Professional"
    > dialog box has made an appearance and wants me to type in a user name
    > and a password to log-on when my PC starts. It never did that before,
    > and I'd prefer it never did it again.

    So you're not really interested in the security of your computer then?

    Gordon, Jul 5, 2007
  5. Mohammad Dickinmyass

    james Guest

    > Specifically, I'm not exactly sure what I did.
    > I installed a program, Irfanview, and fooled with my network
    > connection.
    > But my problem is, some kind of boxy looking "Windows XP Professional"
    > dialog box has made an appearance and wants me to type in a user name
    > and a password to log-on when my PC starts. It never did that before,
    > and I'd prefer it never did it again.
    > But it doesn't care what I prefer.
    > So I want to push buttons and change settings so it cooperates as it
    > used to.
    > Can anyone recommend some things to try? (Relating to the above.)

    Start
    Open run
    Type control userpasswords2
    Now, first instinct tells you to uncheck the box that says "Users must enter
    a user name and password to use this computer" and call it good. While that
    is definitely one of the steps, don't do it just yet. You'll want to
    highlight the default user account first, and then uncheck the box. Windows
    will autoboot to whatever account is highlighted when you uncheck the box.
    As you can see, above I have my account selected. Now, after you've
    unchecked the box, click OK. "Automatically Log On" should be the next
    dialog box that you see. Don't enter a password and click OK.

    That's all! You've told Windows XP what account you want as the default and
    it will now automatically load that account, and should stay there unless
    told otherwise. (If you log off, etc) Reboot, and test.

    james, Jul 5, 2007
  6. Hello,

    Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way users log on or off >
    TICK use the welcome screen > apply options

    --
    Singapore Website Design
    http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/

    SingaporeWebDesign, Jul 5, 2007