i failled this in the exam - how does one index an AD attribute that is not there?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by seb09070@googlemail.com, Oct 29, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Can anyone help

    I took the 70-294 exam last week and got a score of 677, so i guess i
    just fell short of the 700 passmark. there was however a simulation
    question that confused me that i need help on

    I was asked to deactivate a object class called dataobject which i did
    I was then asked to activate an object class called dataobject2 which
    i did
    I was then asked to ensure it was searchable or indexed by active dir.
    so i went to ATTRIBUTES to look for dataobject2 and it was not there.
    My intention was to right click on it and go into properties and click
    on the index check boxes.

    I then thought OK maybe i should create it. so i right clicked on
    attributes and clicked on new attribute but like everything else when
    Microsoft dont want you to carry out a certain action nothing happens.

    Given the above how else does one index an object?
    , Oct 29, 2007

  2. Guest

    Re: i failled this in the exam - how does one index an AD attribute that is not there?

    can anyone help please
    , Oct 31, 2007

  3. Re: i failled this in the exam - how does one index an AD attributethat is not there?

    wrote:
    > can anyone help please

    Sounds like the simulation was borked. Did you leave feedback?

    MG
    Mostly Gizzards, Oct 31, 2007
  4. RE: i failled this in the exam - how does one index an AD attribute t

    Are you really sure that this was 70-294?

    Also, with 677, you probably missed a few more questions than that. IN my
    experience, trying to challenge your exam results is probably not the way to
    go here. i would strongly recommend that you kind of step back, reassess the
    material (especially around GPOs, etc) and re-attempt the exam in a week or
    two. Chances you that you will pass on that attempt.

    Also, if you have the time and resources, setup a computer as a domain
    controller or setup the computer with virtual server and build a domain
    controller and a couple clients. Place the clients in separate OUs. Build
    various security policies affecting the PCs. Get additional experience on
    the platform to backup the knowledge you already have and to "freshen" the
    details of active directory in your mind.

    My advice to you would be to count the -294 attempt you just made as a
    "done" deal and concentrate on how to make a strong pass the next time.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=, Oct 31, 2007
  5. Guest

    Re: i failled this in the exam - how does one index an AD attribute t

    thank wayne for you reply and advise. Actually i wasnt challenging the
    exam i wanted to know this because i do know they repeat questions so
    wanted to know this for next time

    Anyway i have booked the exam for tomorrow

    wish me luck

    thnaks
    , Nov 1, 2007