    Seth

    PS My school has a "Test Pass" guarantee since I passed their "Proctored
    practice test" they will pay for the retake.

    pam_margolis, Aug 20, 2005

  2. pam_margolis

    JohnO Guest

    >What if I fail it after that, does anyone know the waiting period.

    Another 30 days, I think. But, you won't fail. You're going to pass it this
    time.

    -John O

    JohnO, Aug 20, 2005

  3. On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:09:33 GMT, "JohnO" <johno@@&%heathkit##.com>
    wrote:

    >>What if I fail it after that, does anyone know the waiting period.

    >Another 30 days, I think. But, you won't fail. You're going to pass it this
    >time.
    >
    >-John O

    Right...you've been there now, you know the territory...don't think
    about it too much, just pass it! Good luck.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 20, 2005
  4. pam_margolis

    pam_margolis Guest

    Thanks for the support!
    Seth

    pam_margolis, Aug 20, 2005
  5. pam_margolis

    Ain Guest

    "pam_margolis" <> wrote in message
    >I just failed the OS test and I am taking it again next week. If I fail it
    >again according to Comptia rules you have to wait 30 day. What if I fail
    >it after that, does anyone know the waiting period.
    > Seth
    >
    > PS My school has a "Test Pass" guarantee since I passed their "Proctored
    > practice test" they will pay for the retake.

    My understanding is that if you fail the exam twice in a row you have to
    wait a year to take it again. This is for OS and HW.

    Ain, Aug 22, 2005
  6. pam_margolis wrote:
    > I just failed the OS test and I am taking it again next week. If I fail it
    > again according to Comptia rules you have to wait 30 day. What if I fail it
    > after that, does anyone know the waiting period.

    Taken from the CompTIA web site:

    http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/retake_policy.aspx

    -=[ begin quoted material]=-

    IN THE EVENT THAT A CANDIDATE FAILS A COMPTIA CERTIFICATION TEST -
    RETAKE POLICY:

    In the event that a candidate fails his or her first (1st) attempt to
    pass any CompTIA certification test, CompTIA does not require any
    waiting period between the first (1st) and second (2nd) attempt to pass
    that same CompTIA certification test. However, before any candidate's
    third (3rd) attempt or any subsequent attempt to pass any CompTIA
    certification test, such candidate shall be required to wait for a
    period of at least thirty (30) calendar days from the date of such
    candidate's last attempt to pass such test.

    IN THE EVENT THAT A CANDIDATE PASSES A COMPTIA CERTIFICATION TEST -
    RETAKE POLICY:

    In the event that any candidate passes any CompTIA certification test,
    such candidate shall be required to wait for a period of twelve (12)
    calendar months before retaking the same CompTIA certification test,
    unless CompTIA has changed the test objectives for such test.

    -=[ end quoted material ]=-

    They don't specifically mention what happens after a third failure, but
    I'd suspect that it's another 30 day waiting period. Since you'd have to
    wait 30 days if you fail a second time, I'd make sure that you have done
    a little more studying before you take the exam again this week.

    This time, I;m sure you'll do fine!

    John
    --
    John P. Dearing
    A+, Network+, Server+

    John P. Dearing, Aug 23, 2005
  7. pam_margolis

    Linker3000 Guest

    Ain wrote:
    > "pam_margolis" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I just failed the OS test and I am taking it again next week. If I fail it
    >>again according to Comptia rules you have to wait 30 day. What if I fail
    >>it after that, does anyone know the waiting period.
    >>Seth
    >>
    >>PS My school has a "Test Pass" guarantee since I passed their "Proctored
    >>practice test" they will pay for the retake.
    >>

    > My understanding is that if you fail the exam twice in a row you have to
    > wait a year to take it again. This is for OS and HW.

    Nope - not correct.

    Linker3000, Aug 23, 2005
  8. pam_margolis

    Ain Guest

    "Linker3000" <> wrote in message
    > Ain wrote:
    >> "pam_margolis" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I just failed the OS test and I am taking it again next week. If I fail
    >>>it again according to Comptia rules you have to wait 30 day. What if I
    >>>fail it after that, does anyone know the waiting period.
    >>>Seth
    >>>
    >>>PS My school has a "Test Pass" guarantee since I passed their "Proctored
    >>>practice test" they will pay for the retake.
    >>>

    >> My understanding is that if you fail the exam twice in a row you have to
    >> wait a year to take it again. This is for OS and HW.
    >>

    > Nope - not correct.

    Sorry for the wrong information.

    Ain, Aug 23, 2005