    I've virus scanned, have got Spykiller plus pop-up stopper plus a firewall
    but if I reboot, I.E reverts to "blank". Anyone know what I have picked up
    and how to get rid of it?

    jelster, Jun 17, 2004

  2. jelster

    Boomer Guest

    "jelster" <> wrote:

    > Since yesterday when I turn I.E on the address is "about blank"
    > and when I try to change it back to "broadband. blueyonder", a
    > load of porn channels appear. Eventually I change it back, go
    > into options and change the default address back to "by" but I.E
    > then runs very slow, several minutes to access a page.
    > I've virus scanned, have got Spykiller plus pop-up stopper plus
    > a firewall but if I reboot, I.E reverts to "blank". Anyone know
    > what I have picked up and how to get rid of it?

    Hi

    Install, immediately update and run, at least, the first four.

    Ad-aware Aims at Adware/Spyware.
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotS&D Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    CoolWebShredder

    HijackThis
    http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
    Install and run, then post the log to "HijackThis Logs"
    at http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php.

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://www.netrn.net/spywareblog/

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    ~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    ~Other software~
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
    alt.comp.anti-virus

    Also serach Google and Googles archive for more information.

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html

    Boomer, Jun 17, 2004

  3. jelster

    jelster Guest

    Thanks for the info Boomer, I will give it a go.

    jelster, Jun 18, 2004
  4. jelster

    Boomer Guest

    "jelster" <> wrote:

    > Thanks for the info Boomer, I will give it a go.

    You're welcome. Good luck. :)

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "jelster" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Since yesterday when I turn I.E on the address is "about blank"
    >> > and when I try to change it back to "broadband. blueyonder", a
    >> > load of porn channels appear. Eventually I change it back, go
    >> > into options and change the default address back to "by" but I.E
    >> > then runs very slow, several minutes to access a page.
    >> > I've virus scanned, have got Spykiller plus pop-up stopper plus
    >> > a firewall but if I reboot, I.E reverts to "blank". Anyone know
    >> > what I have picked up and how to get rid of it?

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Install, immediately update and run, at least, the first four.
    >>
    >> Ad-aware Aims at Adware/Spyware.
    >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >>
    >> SpybotS&D Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    >> hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    >> http://www.safer-networking.org/
    >>
    >> Spyware Blaster
    >> http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
    >> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    >>
    >> CoolWebShredder
    >> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/cwshredder.zip
    >> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html
    >>
    >> HijackThis
    >> http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
    >> Install and run, then post the log to "HijackThis Logs"
    >> at http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php.
    >>
    >> A-spy For trojans hiding in startup entries.
    >> http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    [snip]

    Boomer, Jun 18, 2004