    Sue Guest

    Trying to access www.playerlink.com causes I.E. 6 to crash. Running Windows
    98. Any ideas? Thanks
    Sue, Dec 16, 2004

  2. Sue

    WormWood Guest

    Hi, Sue
    It's ok here.....have you cleaned up your cache, History, cookies, etc.
    lately?

    WormWood, Dec 16, 2004

  3. Sue

    Sue Guest

    It seems that anything having to do with Java causes a crash. Even going to
    start>settings>control panel>java causes crash.
    Sue, Dec 16, 2004
  4. Sue

    WormWood Guest

    "Sue" <> wrote in message
    > It seems that anything having to do with Java causes a crash. Even
    > going to
    > start>settings>control panel>java causes crash.

    I think you'll find an application in your C:\Programs\ named Java
    Webstart. You should delete this and if it isn't in Control Panel /
    Add/Remove, then you can use the uninstall file/program found in the
    Java Webstart folder. I just did this today because it was slowing down
    everything and causing OE to not respond whenever I clicked on a link.
    It did the trick!
    WormWood, Dec 16, 2004
  5. Sue

    Sue Guest

    Wormwood,

    I did not find Java Webstart in C:\Programs or anywhere else.

    In add/remove programs, I only have Java 2 Runtime Environment SE 1.4.2.
    Would you suggest removing this and then downloading it anew? Please bear in
    mind that you are dealing with a novice here.

    Thanks for your help.
    Sue, Dec 16, 2004
  6. Sue

    WormWood Guest

    "Sue" wrote:
    > Wormwood,
    >
    > I did not find Java Webstart in C:\Programs or anywhere else.
    >
    > In add/remove programs, I only have Java 2 Runtime Environment SE
    > 1.4.2.
    > Would you suggest removing this and then downloading it anew? Please
    > bear in
    > mind that you are dealing with a novice here.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    Then I expect you don't have it. I have no other ideas, sorry.
    WormWood, Dec 16, 2004