    site seems to be offering version 6 only, and this will not work with
    Windows 95

    Cheers
    Asterix, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Asterix

    Chris Hope Guest

    Chris Hope, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Asterix

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Asterix" <> wrote in message
    news:01c58f36$ccae2d20$...
    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone know where I can download a copy of Internet Explorer 5.x?
    >
    > Have been searching for ages - found a version of IE3 - but every other
    > site seems to be offering version 6 only, and this will not work with
    > Windows 95
    >
    > Cheers

    http://downloads.theregister.co.uk/Windows/Internet/BrowsersWWW/ie55.html

    Here's IE 5.5 which is the last version that works on Win 95. Doesn't look
    like the download is from MS so you should be okay.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 23, 2005
  4. Asterix

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > "Asterix" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Does anyone know where I can download a copy of Internet Explorer 5.x?
    >>
    >> Have been searching for ages - found a version of IE3 - but every other
    >> site seems to be offering version 6 only, and this will not work with
    >> Windows 95
    >>
    >> Cheers

    > http://downloads.theregister.co.uk/Windows/Internet/BrowsersWWW/ie55.html
    >
    > Here's IE 5.5 which is the last version that works on Win 95. Doesn't
    > look like the download is from MS so you should be okay.

    You might still be be stuck as that looks like an installer. Depends if it
    can still get the main file from MS.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 23, 2005
  5. Asterix

    KeeWee Guest

    I've found a very old 'PC Active' CD (Vol 7 May
    2001) touting IE 5.5 as a LATEST BROWSER

    Checking the CD, there the full install not just the usual MS
    installer.

    Any use?

    KeeWee, Jul 23, 2005
  6. Asterix

    Rob J Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Does anyone know where I can download a copy of Internet Explorer 5.x?
    >
    >Have been searching for ages - found a version of IE3 - but every other
    >site seems to be offering version 6 only, and this will not work with
    >Windows 95

    Windows 95 is totally obsolete.

    Tried downloading software for Windows 3.1 recently? Why should 95 be
    any different?
    Rob J, Jul 27, 2005
  7. In article <1oUFe.4006$>, "Terry" <> wrote:
    <tpf>
    >"Rob J" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 03:29:53 +0000 (UTC), "Asterix"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi
    >> >
    >> >Does anyone know where I can download a copy of Internet Explorer 5.x?
    >> >
    >> >Have been searching for ages - found a version of IE3 - but every other
    >> >site seems to be offering version 6 only, and this will not work with
    >> >Windows 95

    >> Windows 95 is totally obsolete.
    >>
    >> Tried downloading software for Windows 3.1 recently? Why should 95 be
    >> any different?

    http://www.eunet.bg/simtel.net/

    :)

    >It should be easy enough to source this off an old CD provided with any of
    >the computer mags of a couple of years ago. I have some with IE3.01 no
    > less!

    Surely you could get this from microsoft ... with the "no support" proviso.
    :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)
    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 27, 2005
  8. Asterix

    Terry Guest

    It should be easy enough to source this off an old CD provided with any of
    the computer mags of a couple of years ago. I have some with IE3.01 no less!

    Terry...

    Terry, Jul 28, 2005