I dropped my new camera in the ocean

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Scott W, Nov 7, 2005.

  1. Scott W

    Scott W Guest

    Scott W, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Scott W

    Rudy Benner Guest

    Good for up to 30 minutes at a depth of no more than 1.5 meters. Still, its
    a great idea. Perfect for snorkelling.

    Rudy Benner, Nov 7, 2005

  3. Scott W

    Sheldon Guest

    Coooool. :)

    Sheldon, Nov 7, 2005
  4. Scott W

    Pete D Guest

    LOL, one of my boys dropped his Sony camcorder in the ocean and it is
    totally stuffed.

    Pete D, Nov 7, 2005
  5. Scott W

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Scott W wrote:
    > No worries the camera is the waterproof Pentax Optio WP.
    > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/underwater
    >
    > Took it out for a swim this morning.
    >
    > Scott

    Great! Liked the full-face shot of the fish. Reminds me of someone,
    but I can't place him. Grin.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Nov 7, 2005
  6. Scott W

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Rudy Benner wrote:
    > Good for up to 30 minutes at a depth of no more than 1.5 meters. Still, its
    > a great idea. Perfect for snorkelling.
    >
    > "Scott W" <> wrote in message
    >> No worries the camera is the waterproof Pentax Optio WP.
    >> http://www.pbase.com/konascott/underwater
    >>
    >> Took it out for a swim this morning.
    >>
    >> Scott

    Super for shallow reef pictures.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Nov 7, 2005
  7. Scott W

    Pete D Guest

    Hi Scott,

    Where in Hawaii? One of my favourite places in the world. Mind you I have
    only been to Oahu but I have been back a couple of times.

    Cheers.

    Pete D

    Pete D, Nov 7, 2005
  8. Scott W

    Scott W Guest

    Pete D wrote:
    > Hi Scott,
    >
    > Where in Hawaii? One of my favourite places in the world. Mind you I have
    > only been to Oahu but I have been back a couple of times.
    >
    >We live on the Big Island, in Kona.

    Scott

    Scott W, Nov 7, 2005
  9. Scott W

    l e o Guest

    Scott W wrote:
    > No worries the camera is the waterproof Pentax Optio WP.
    > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/underwater
    >
    > Took it out for a swim this morning.
    >
    > Scott

    I think I read that the last model of WP was not functional in the
    water? So, this is a big improvement!

    l e o, Nov 7, 2005
  10. Scott W

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Pete D wrote:
    > Hi Scott,
    >
    > Where in Hawaii? One of my favourite places in the world. Mind you I have
    > only been to Oahu but I have been back a couple of times.
    >
    > Cheers.
    >
    > Pete D
    >

    > "Scott W" <> wrote in message
    >> No worries the camera is the waterproof Pentax Optio WP.
    >> http://www.pbase.com/konascott/underwater
    >>
    >> Took it out for a swim this morning.
    >>
    >> Scott

    I found that Guam offers the best reef snorkeling of any place I have
    been, but of course I haven't been to Australia.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Nov 8, 2005