    I bought this scanner. paid 16 dollars for it. Guy paid 200 for it 2
    years ago.

    Why oh why would I throw all that money away. Geesh,
    Troglodyte, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Troglodyte

    Italian Jobs Guest

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:58:45 +1300, Troglodyte <>
    wrote:

    >Why oh why would anyone want to buy new stuff any more. Computer wise
    >that is.
    >
    >I mean, I paid 2750 this computer 3 1/2 years ago. Does everything I
    >need. If I'd bought it now, Id get it for 150 dollars!!!
    >
    >I bought this scanner. paid 16 dollars for it. Guy paid 200 for it 2
    >years ago.
    >
    >Why oh why would I throw all that money away. Geesh,

    You need a life.
    Italian Jobs, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Troglodyte

    Italian Jobs, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Troglodyte

    Alex Axolotl Guest

    Troglodyte wrote:

    > Why oh why would anyone want to buy new stuff any more. Computer wise
    > that is.
    >
    > I mean, I paid 2750 this computer 3 1/2 years ago. Does everything I
    > need. If I'd bought it now, Id get it for 150 dollars!!!

    So why didn't you just buy a 3 year old computer back then and save
    yourself $2600 ?
    Alex Axolotl, Dec 30, 2004
  5. Troglodyte

    Alex Axolotl Guest

    Alex Axolotl, Dec 30, 2004
  6. Troglodyte

    Troglodyte Guest

    Alex Axolotl wrote:
    > Troglodyte wrote:
    >
    >> Why oh why would anyone want to buy new stuff any more. Computer wise
    >> that is.
    >>
    >> I mean, I paid 2750 this computer 3 1/2 years ago. Does everything I
    >> need. If I'd bought it now, Id get it for 150 dollars!!!
    >>

    > So why didn't you just buy a 3 year old computer back then and save
    > yourself $2600 ?

    that's my point Alex
    Troglodyte, Dec 30, 2004
  7. Troglodyte

    Troglodyte Guest

    Alex Axolotl wrote:
    > Troglodyte wrote:
    >
    >> Why oh why would anyone want to buy new stuff any more. Computer wise
    >> that is.
    >>
    >> I mean, I paid 2750 this computer 3 1/2 years ago. Does everything I
    >> need. If I'd bought it now, Id get it for 150 dollars!!!
    >>

    > So why didn't you just buy a 3 year old computer back then and save
    > yourself $2600 ?

    that's my point Alex
    Troglodyte, Dec 30, 2004
  8. Troglodyte

    Alex Axolotl Guest

    Troglodyte wrote:

    > Alex Axolotl wrote:
    >
    >> Troglodyte wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why oh why would anyone want to buy new stuff any more. Computer
    >>> wise that is.
    >>>
    >>> I mean, I paid 2750 this computer 3 1/2 years ago. Does everything I
    >>> need. If I'd bought it now, Id get it for 150 dollars!!!
    >>>

    >> So why didn't you just buy a 3 year old computer back then and save
    >> yourself $2600 ?
    >>

    > that's my point Alex

    LOL
    And now you would have a 6 year old PC, probably all of a P233 with a 4x
    CD and 32M of EDO memory.
    Great
    But yes I do have 3 year old PCs discarded by others as network storage.
    Its pretty cheap to get an Athlon upgrade box if you want something that
    will compress movies and music without waiting forever though.
    Alex Axolotl, Dec 30, 2004
  9. Troglodyte

    Alex Axolotl Guest

    Alex Axolotl, Dec 30, 2004
  10. Troglodyte

    macca Guest

    <> wrote:
    > Why oh why would anyone want to buy new stuff any more.

    Computer wise
    > that is.
    >
    > I mean, I paid 2750 this computer 3 1/2 years ago. Does

    everything I
    > need. If I'd bought it now, Id get it for 150 dollars!!!
    >
    > I bought this scanner. paid 16 dollars for it. Guy paid

    200 for it 2
    > years ago.
    >
    > Why oh why would I throw all that money away. Geesh,

    _idiot!!
    macca, Dec 31, 2004
  11. Troglodyte

    macca Guest

    macca, Dec 31, 2004
  12. Troglodyte

    Troglodyte Guest

    macca wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:58:45 +1300, Troglodyte
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Why oh why would anyone want to buy new stuff any more.

    > Computer wise
    >
    >>that is.
    >>
    >>I mean, I paid 2750 this computer 3 1/2 years ago. Does

    > everything I
    >
    >>need. If I'd bought it now, Id get it for 150 dollars!!!
    >>
    >>I bought this scanner. paid 16 dollars for it. Guy paid

    > 200 for it 2
    >
    >>years ago.
    >>
    >>Why oh why would I throw all that money away. Geesh,

    > _idiot!!

    I know
    Troglodyte, Dec 31, 2004
  13. Troglodyte

    Troglodyte Guest

    macca wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:58:45 +1300, Troglodyte
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Why oh why would anyone want to buy new stuff any more.

    > Computer wise
    >
    >>that is.
    >>
    >>I mean, I paid 2750 this computer 3 1/2 years ago. Does

    > everything I
    >
    >>need. If I'd bought it now, Id get it for 150 dollars!!!
    >>
    >>I bought this scanner. paid 16 dollars for it. Guy paid

    > 200 for it 2
    >
    >>years ago.
    >>
    >>Why oh why would I throw all that money away. Geesh,

    > _idiot!!

    I know
    Troglodyte, Dec 31, 2004