I do ping others and viceversa but, cannot ping myself

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by jorgeantibes, May 15, 2009.

  1. jorgeantibes

    jorgeantibes

    Joined:
    May 15, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    France
    Hello Forum,

    I have a local wireless network (4PCs XP-SP2 with a gateway) I have also configured Workgroup

    I can ping:
    - The loop back address.
    - The rest of the network.

    I cannot ping:
    - My IP address. (taken from ipconfig /all)
    - My PC's name.

    Others in the network can ping me by both address and name.

    Many thanks for your help

    Jorge

    jorgeantibes, May 15, 2009