I do NOT Accept the terms of the License Agreement

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by ChristianWarrior4Christ@unitedchurch.org, Dec 28, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Firefox will not let me install it when I select "I do NOT Accept the
    terms of the License Agreement". Hey, I'm being honest. I DO NOT
    accept the terms, and that is my honest opinion. I am a Christian,
    and I am not going to lie, because telling lies is sinful which
    condemns a person to hell. I'd still like to use Firefox, but I am
    not going to go to hell because of their terms which I will not
    accept, and I refuse to lie about it. I love Jesus and he will know
    that I lied and I will be punished every time I open Firefox if I were
    to lie. If I check the box that says "I do NOT Accept the terms of
    the License Agreement", I can not proceed with the install because the
    "next" box does not work. I dont understand why Firefox is setup to
    force people to lie, and thus go to hell. I believe Firefox is owned
    by athiests who are truely the Anti-Christ, or else it was created by
    Jews, who are trying to take Christ away from all of us because they
    wont accept their own guilt for killing Jesus. I believe that the
    creators of Firefox are evil satanic beings who must be punished, or
    must repent for their sinful ways.

    What should I do?

    Rev. Adam Taylor
    Christian Warrior For Christ
    http://www.unitedchurch.org
    , Dec 28, 2006

  2. Ed Mullen Guest

    wrote:
    > force people to lie, and thus go to hell. I believe Firefox is owned
    > by athiests who are truely the Anti-Christ, or else it was created by
    > Jews, who are trying to take Christ away from all of us because they
    > wont accept their own guilt for killing Jesus. I believe that the
    > creators of Firefox are evil satanic beings who must be punished, or
    > must repent for their sinful ways.

    And you still want to use their program?!!! I would think that would be
    even /more/ reprehensible of you than lying about accepting their
    license agreement.

    > What should I do?

    I don't know about you but after reading this I'm going to go have a drink.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Dec 28, 2006

  3. Miller Guest

    *Ed Mullen* wrote on 28.12.06 22:11:
    > wrote:
    >> force people to lie, and thus go to hell. I believe Firefox is owned
    >> by athiests who are truely the Anti-Christ, or else it was created by
    >> Jews, who are trying to take Christ away from all of us because they
    >> wont accept their own guilt for killing Jesus. I believe that the
    >> creators of Firefox are evil satanic beings who must be punished, or
    >> must repent for their sinful ways.

    > And you still want to use their program?!!! I would think that would be
    > even /more/ reprehensible of you than lying about accepting their
    > license agreement.
    >
    >> What should I do?

    > I don't know about you but after reading this I'm going to go have a drink.

    *Cheers*! ;-)
    Miller, Dec 28, 2006
  4. Guest

    wrote:
    > Firefox will not let me install it when I select "I do NOT Accept the
    > terms of the License Agreement". Hey, I'm being honest. I DO NOT
    > accept the terms, and that is my honest opinion. I am a Christian,
    > and I am not going to lie, because telling lies is sinful which
    > condemns a person to hell. I'd still like to use Firefox, but I am
    > not going to go to hell because of their terms which I will not
    > accept, and I refuse to lie about it. I love Jesus and he will know
    > that I lied and I will be punished every time I open Firefox if I were
    > to lie. If I check the box that says "I do NOT Accept the terms of
    > the License Agreement", I can not proceed with the install because the
    > "next" box does not work. I dont understand why Firefox is setup to
    > force people to lie, and thus go to hell. I believe Firefox is owned
    > by athiests who are truely the Anti-Christ, or else it was created by
    > Jews, who are trying to take Christ away from all of us because they
    > wont accept their own guilt for killing Jesus. I believe that the
    > creators of Firefox are evil satanic beings who must be punished, or
    > must repent for their sinful ways.
    >
    > What should I do?
    >

    > Rev. Adam Taylor
    > Christian Warrior For Christ
    > http://www.unitedchurch.org

    Too late buddy, you've already lied to Jesus and YOU'RE going to hell
    yourself!!!! When you installed Forte Agent, YOU accepted their
    Licensing Agreement. When you installed windows [or whatever operating
    system you installed] YOU accepted their Licensing Agreement. Any
    program YOU installed, YOU accepted their licensing agreements. So,
    already YOU lied to Jesus and to God several times.

    Furthermore, you're on the Internet. Didn't you know the internet is
    the beast, as defined in the book of Revelations. For being on the
    World Wide Web you're going to hell. Take a look at your web address.
    There are 3 "W's". That is the mark of the beast. The letter "w" is
    the 23 letter of the English alphabet. Two times three gives you 6.
    And there's two more "w's" in your address, so that makes 666. Thats
    the mark of the beast. And, if you're using windows, heavens forbid,
    Billy-boy is the devil in sheeps clothing. He's you're great leader.

    So, I guess I'll be seeing you in Hell good budy.
    , Dec 28, 2006
  5. bob from oz Guest

    wrote:
    > accept the terms, and that is my honest opinion. I am a Christian,
    > and I am not going to lie, because telling lies is sinful which

    you are a fucking knob.

    > What should I do?

    FOAD

    bob
    bob from oz, Dec 28, 2006
  6. Old Enough Guest

    I could be wrong, of course, but I question the sincerity of your post.

    First: the United Church of Chapel Hill (unitedchurch.org) does not have a Adam
    Taylor on their staff, according to the web site.

    Second: I am a Christ-follower myself (and have been for over 50 years); and
    find it hard - if not impossible - to follow your reasoning (if one can call it
    "reasoning")..

    On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:24:25 -0600,
    wrote:

    >Firefox will not let me install it when I select "I do NOT Accept the
    >terms of the License Agreement".

    What else would you expect?

    > Hey, I'm being honest. I DO NOT accept the terms, and that is my honest opinion.

    What is your good reason for that opinion?

    > I am a Christian,
    >and I am not going to lie, because telling lies is sinful which
    >condemns a person to hell. I'd still like to use Firefox, but I am
    >not going to go to hell because of their terms which I will not
    >accept, and I refuse to lie about it. I love Jesus and he will know
    >that I lied and I will be punished every time I open Firefox if I were
    >to lie.

    >If I check the box that says "I do NOT Accept the terms of
    >the License Agreement", I can not proceed with the install because the
    >"next" box does not work.

    As I said: What else would you expect?

    > I dont understand why Firefox is setup to force people to lie, and thus go to hell.

    Nobody is forcing you to lie - you merely accept the terms of the agreement, and
    installl the program; or you don't accept them, and don't install it. Simple!

    > I believe Firefox is owned by athiests who are truely the Anti-Christ, or else it was created by
    >Jews, who are trying to take Christ away from all of us because they wont accept their own guilt for killing Jesus.
    >I believe that the creators of Firefox are evil satanic beings who must be punished, or
    >must repent for their sinful ways.

    Can you give me some solid Biblical reasons for the above "beliefs"?

    >What should I do?

    Hard to advise you from this distance, but I would suggest you sell your
    computer (or if you must, smash it to pieces in the Town Square);
    Buy a good (understandable) Bible (obviously not a KJV - it is not
    understandable) and study it.

    Cheers! and a Happy New Year!

    >Rev. Adam Taylor
    >Christian Warrior For Christ
    >http://www.unitedchurch.org

    Old enough . . .
    to know I don't know a thing.
    Old Enough, Dec 29, 2006
  7. Ed Mullen Guest

    Miller wrote:
    > *Ed Mullen* wrote on 28.12.06 22:11:
    >> wrote:
    >>> force people to lie, and thus go to hell. I believe Firefox is owned
    >>> by athiests who are truely the Anti-Christ, or else it was created by
    >>> Jews, who are trying to take Christ away from all of us because they
    >>> wont accept their own guilt for killing Jesus. I believe that the
    >>> creators of Firefox are evil satanic beings who must be punished, or
    >>> must repent for their sinful ways.

    >> And you still want to use their program?!!! I would think that would be
    >> even /more/ reprehensible of you than lying about accepting their
    >> license agreement.
    >>
    >>> What should I do?

    >> I don't know about you but after reading this I'm going to go have a drink.

    > *Cheers*! ;-)

    Slainte! :)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Dec 29, 2006
  8. Ed Mullen Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Firefox will not let me install it when I select "I do NOT Accept the
    >> terms of the License Agreement". Hey, I'm being honest. I DO NOT
    >> accept the terms, and that is my honest opinion. I am a Christian,
    >> and I am not going to lie, because telling lies is sinful which
    >> condemns a person to hell. I'd still like to use Firefox, but I am
    >> not going to go to hell because of their terms which I will not
    >> accept, and I refuse to lie about it. I love Jesus and he will know
    >> that I lied and I will be punished every time I open Firefox if I were
    >> to lie. If I check the box that says "I do NOT Accept the terms of
    >> the License Agreement", I can not proceed with the install because the
    >> "next" box does not work. I dont understand why Firefox is setup to
    >> force people to lie, and thus go to hell. I believe Firefox is owned
    >> by athiests who are truely the Anti-Christ, or else it was created by
    >> Jews, who are trying to take Christ away from all of us because they
    >> wont accept their own guilt for killing Jesus. I believe that the
    >> creators of Firefox are evil satanic beings who must be punished, or
    >> must repent for their sinful ways.
    >>
    >> What should I do?
    >>

    >> Rev. Adam Taylor
    >> Christian Warrior For Christ
    >> http://www.unitedchurch.org

    > Too late buddy, you've already lied to Jesus and YOU'RE going to hell
    > yourself!!!! When you installed Forte Agent, YOU accepted their
    > Licensing Agreement. When you installed windows [or whatever operating
    > system you installed] YOU accepted their Licensing Agreement. Any
    > program YOU installed, YOU accepted their licensing agreements. So,
    > already YOU lied to Jesus and to God several times.
    >
    > Furthermore, you're on the Internet. Didn't you know the internet is
    > the beast, as defined in the book of Revelations. For being on the
    > World Wide Web you're going to hell. Take a look at your web address.
    > There are 3 "W's". That is the mark of the beast. The letter "w" is
    > the 23 letter of the English alphabet. Two times three gives you 6.
    > And there's two more "w's" in your address, so that makes 666. Thats
    > the mark of the beast. And, if you're using windows, heavens forbid,
    > Billy-boy is the devil in sheeps clothing. He's you're great leader.
    >
    > So, I guess I'll be seeing you in Hell good budy.

    ROFLOL! Ok, this is /good!/ My hat's off to HTM. Too funny.

    Ed Mullen, Dec 29, 2006
  9. wrote:
    > Firefox will not let me install it when I select "I do NOT Accept the
    > terms of the License Agreement". Hey, I'm being honest. I DO NOT
    > accept the terms, and that is my honest opinion. I am a Christian,
    > and I am not going to lie, because telling lies is sinful which
    > condemns a person to hell. I'd still like to use Firefox, but I am
    > not going to go to hell because of their terms which I will not
    > accept, and I refuse to lie about it. I love Jesus and he will know
    > that I lied and I will be punished every time I open Firefox if I were
    > to lie. If I check the box that says "I do NOT Accept the terms of
    > the License Agreement", I can not proceed with the install because the
    > "next" box does not work. I dont understand why Firefox is setup to
    > force people to lie, and thus go to hell. I believe Firefox is owned
    > by athiests who are truely the Anti-Christ, or else it was created by
    > Jews, who are trying to take Christ away from all of us because they
    > wont accept their own guilt for killing Jesus. I believe that the
    > creators of Firefox are evil satanic beings who must be punished, or
    > must repent for their sinful ways.
    >
    > What should I do?
    >

    > Rev. Adam Taylor
    > Christian Warrior For Christ
    > http://www.unitedchurch.org

    The question you dont answer is why you dont accept the terms of the
    License Aggreement. Whats in the license aggreement that doesnt sit well
    with you? What's the problem?

    The agreement, as listed here
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/legal/eula/firefox-en.html
    is a pretty straightfoward and common one - it gives you specific rights
    and doesnt place any onerous conditions upon you.

    So again, what IS the problem? Why cant you accept the terms? There is
    nothing anti-christian in them, and you wouldnt be sinning then.
    Moz Champion (Dan), Dec 29, 2006
  10. Tony Raven Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote on 29/12/2006 03:56 +0100:

    > The question you dont answer is why you dont accept the terms of the
    > License Aggreement. Whats in the license aggreement that doesnt sit well
    > with you? What's the problem?

    Why? Because he's a troll, that's why.

    --
    Tony

    "...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
    wildly inaccurate..."
    Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Tony Raven, Dec 29, 2006
  11. Arno Welzel Guest

    wrote:

    > Firefox will not let me install it when I select "I do NOT Accept the
    > terms of the License Agreement". Hey, I'm being honest. I DO NOT

    So what? To use FireFox you have to accept the license agreement. If not
    - don't use it.

    > accept the terms, and that is my honest opinion. I am a Christian,
    > and I am not going to lie, because telling lies is sinful which
    > condemns a person to hell. I'd still like to use Firefox, but I am
    > not going to go to hell because of their terms which I will not
    > accept, and I refuse to lie about it. I love Jesus and he will know

    Eh? You want to use a program, where you can not accept the license
    agreement?

    [...]
    > wont accept their own guilt for killing Jesus. I believe that the
    > creators of Firefox are evil satanic beings who must be punished, or
    > must repent for their sinful ways.
    >
    > What should I do?

    Stick with another browser.

    --
    http://arnowelzel.de
    EMail:
    Arno Welzel, Dec 29, 2006
  12. Alan Moorman Guest

    wrote:

    >Firefox will not let me install it when I select "I do NOT Accept the
    >terms of the License Agreement". Hey, I'm being honest. I DO NOT
    >accept the terms, and that is my honest opinion. I am a Christian,
    >and I am not going to lie, because telling lies is sinful which
    >condemns a person to hell. I'd still like to use Firefox, but I am
    >not going to go to hell because of their terms which I will not
    >accept, and I refuse to lie about it. I love Jesus and he will know
    >that I lied and I will be punished every time I open Firefox if I were
    >to lie. If I check the box that says "I do NOT Accept the terms of
    >the License Agreement", I can not proceed with the install because the
    >"next" box does not work. I dont understand why Firefox is setup to
    >force people to lie, and thus go to hell. I believe Firefox is owned
    >by athiests who are truely the Anti-Christ, or else it was created by
    >Jews, who are trying to take Christ away from all of us because they
    >wont accept their own guilt for killing Jesus. I believe that the
    >creators of Firefox are evil satanic beings who must be punished, or
    >must repent for their sinful ways.
    >
    >What should I do?
    >

    >Rev. Adam Taylor
    >Christian Warrior For Christ
    >http://www.unitedchurch.org

    Get a life.

    Alan

    Arguing over a god’s moral character is a lot like
    debating the aerodynamic qualities of Santa’s sleigh.

    Guy P. Harrison
    Alan Moorman, Dec 29, 2006
  13. Tony Raven Guest

    Alan Moorman wrote on 29/12/2006 21:36 +0100:

    > Get a life.
    >

    > Alan

    .:\:/:.
    +-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
    +-------------------+ / \
    | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
    | | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
    @x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
    \||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
    \||/ | | | (______Y______)
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

    Tony Raven, Dec 29, 2006
  14. wrote:
    > [doesn't want to agree to the mozilla license]

    Just use the zip-version => problem solved. ;)

    Grettings
    Pascal
    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Pascal_K=F6nig?=, Dec 29, 2006
  15. On 2006-12-28, <> wrote:

    > Firefox will not let me install it when I select "I do NOT Accept the
    > terms of the License Agreement". Hey, I'm being honest. I DO NOT
    > accept the terms, and that is my honest opinion. I am a Christian,
    > and I am not going to lie, because telling lies is sinful which
    > condemns a person to hell. I'd still like to use Firefox, but I am
    > not going to go to hell because of their terms which I will not
    > accept, and I refuse to lie about it. I love Jesus and he will know
    > that I lied and I will be punished every time I open Firefox if I were
    > to lie. If I check the box that says "I do NOT Accept the terms of
    > the License Agreement", I can not proceed with the install because the
    > "next" box does not work. I dont understand why Firefox is setup to
    > force people to lie, and thus go to hell. I believe Firefox is owned
    > by athiests who are truely the Anti-Christ, or else it was created by
    > Jews, who are trying to take Christ away from all of us because they
    > wont accept their own guilt for killing Jesus. I believe that the
    > creators of Firefox are evil satanic beings who must be punished, or
    > must repent for their sinful ways.
    >
    > What should I do?

    If you don't or won't accept the terms of the license, don't use the
    program. It's as simple as that.

    If the "creators of Firefox are evil satanic beings who must be
    punished" why do you want to use Firefox, anyway?

    --

    -John ()
    John Thompson, Dec 30, 2006
  16. On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:24:25 -0600,
    wrote, in alt.fan.mozilla (and
    who knows where else):

    snip

    Interesting seeing as how you posted once, then let everyone else's
    replies take up space.

    What's that make you?

    --

    Old programmers never die, they just GOSUB without RETURN
    Manatee Memories, Dec 30, 2006
  17. Karl S Guest

    On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:34:35 +0000, Tony Raven wrote:

    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote on 29/12/2006 03:56 +0100:
    >>
    >> The question you dont answer is why you dont accept the terms of the
    >> License Aggreement. Whats in the license aggreement that doesnt sit well
    >> with you? What's the problem?
    >>

    > Why? Because he's a troll, that's why.

    And a very successful one.
    Karl S, Dec 30, 2006