    P.S.
    As the router doesn't allow to add a secondary address and remove the primary leaving the second on, I didn't try this
    solution.

    AM, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Are you saying you telnet'ed to an IP address on a router, changed that
    IP address in the router config and stayed connected? Not likely.
    You said you issued the command in global config mode. It should've
    been issued on the interface. Is that what you meant?
    Can you post your config? www.cisco-forum.com

    Regards,
    Steve
    www.cisco-forum.com

    cisco-forum.com, Jan 25, 2005

  3. AM

    AM Guest

    cisco-forum.com wrote:

    > Are you saying you telnet'ed to an IP address on a router, changed that
    > IP address in the router config and stayed connected? Not likely.
    > You said you issued the command in global config mode. It should've
    > been issued on the interface. Is that what you meant?
    > Can you post your config? www.cisco-forum.com

    Which section of cisco-forum?
    Tell me if my thoughts and way of doing posted were wrong or not...
    You are correct saying I was in config-if mode and not in global one...
    Alex.

    AM, Jan 25, 2005
  4. You can post it to the "routing and switching" catagory.

    Steve
    www.cisco-forum.com

    cisco-forum.com, Jan 26, 2005
  5. AM

    AM Guest

    cisco-forum.com wrote:
    > You can post it to the "routing and switching" catagory.
    >
    > Steve
    > www.cisco-forum.com

    done

    alex.