    I passed A+ the first week of MAY
    I passed N+ the second week of MAY
    I passed I-Net+ the third week of MAY

    ford, May 31, 2004

  2. ford

    PlazticSoul Guest

    "ford" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I passed A+ the first week of MAY
    > I passed N+ the second week of MAY
    > I passed I-Net+ the third week of MAY

    I'm not all that impressed unless you can specify the amount of prep time
    you put into it. It seems idiotic to be chasing certs that quickly, unless
    you didn't have to pay for the exams....

    PlazticSoul, May 31, 2004

  3. "PlazticSoul" <> wrote in message

    > "ford" <> wrote in message
    > >I passed A+ the first week of MAY
    > > I passed N+ the second week of MAY
    > > I passed I-Net+ the third week of MAY

    > I'm not all that impressed unless you can specify the amount of prep time
    > you put into it. It seems idiotic to be chasing certs that quickly, unless
    > you didn't have to pay for the exams....

    I could believe it. It took me about 3 months to study for the A+ tests,
    but that was on top of going to college full-time. Net+ took about 2 1/2
    weeks to study for, but I probably could have done it in 1 week if I was
    more motivated. I took a few online practice tests for I-Net+ and scored
    above 90% on each (got 30/30 on the one at techexams.net). The only reason
    I don't take inet+ is because it seems pretty useless and would be a waste
    of money for me.

    For somebody who has worked in IT for a while, passing all 3 tests in 3
    weeks would not be all that hard.

    Patrick Michael, May 31, 2004
  4. ford

    PlazticSoul Guest

    "Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message

    > "PlazticSoul" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "ford" <> wrote in message
    >> >I passed A+ the first week of MAY
    >> > I passed N+ the second week of MAY
    >> > I passed I-Net+ the third week of MAY

    >> I'm not all that impressed unless you can specify the amount of prep time
    >> you put into it. It seems idiotic to be chasing certs that quickly,
    >> unless
    >> you didn't have to pay for the exams....

    > I could believe it. It took me about 3 months to study for the A+ tests,
    > but that was on top of going to college full-time. Net+ took about 2 1/2
    > weeks to study for, but I probably could have done it in 1 week if I was
    > more motivated. I took a few online practice tests for I-Net+ and scored
    > above 90% on each (got 30/30 on the one at techexams.net). The only
    > reason
    > I don't take inet+ is because it seems pretty useless and would be a waste
    > of money for me.
    >
    > For somebody who has worked in IT for a while, passing all 3 tests in 3
    > weeks would not be all that hard.

    I didn't say it was beyond belief. I was only complaining that this person
    did not include more information in his/her post. I would like to know what
    kind of past experience and training, etc. For all I know this person could
    very well have been working in IT for 10 years already and passing the tests
    are not much to brag about. This person could have taken classes or trained
    at home. I'd like to know.

    PlazticSoul, May 31, 2004