    --
    God Bless America

    Josh The Bad Bear

    Josh, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Josh

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Josh posted ...

    > I've carried two ISPs for more than 3 years primarily because I
    > thought if I got rid of the one, I'd not be able to find my way back
    > here. You guys have taught me a ton about my computer and software
    > etc. Clearly this is the best news group on the entired damn web. So
    > this week I whacked AT&T Global and found a news service that carried
    > this news group and saved myself about
    > 19.00 a month to boot. I'm grateful for all the help you guys have
    > been to me. I even like the smart ass replys. (especially when
    > they're not for me). Thanks again and I'm soooooooooooooo glad to be
    > back.
    >
    > I know this sounds way too nerdy, but another step for me in
    > understanding how all this works. I'm an ole bear,, but learning
    > still.

    Heheheh, way to go, kid ... ;)

    --
    Digweed
    .... ;)

    Paul - xxx, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Josh

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:00:47 -0600, "Josh" <>
    scribbled:

    >Clearly this is the best news group on the entired damn web.

    This isn't the web. And unless the provider you kept is
    AOL you're forging their valid domain name.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Nov 22, 2003
  4. Josh

    Boomer Guest

    "Josh" <> wrote in

    > I've carried two ISPs for more than 3 years primarily because I
    > thought if I got rid of the one, I'd not be able to find my way
    > back here. You guys have taught me a ton about my computer and
    > software etc. Clearly this is the best news group on the entired
    > damn web. So this week I whacked AT&T Global and found a news
    > service that carried this news group and saved myself about 19.00
    > a month to boot. I'm grateful for all the help you guys have been
    > to me. I even like the smart ass replys. (especially when they're
    > not for me). Thanks again and I'm soooooooooooooo glad to be back.
    >
    > I know this sounds way too nerdy, but another step for me in
    > understanding how all this works. I'm an ole bear,, but learning
    > still.

    You're with AOL still?

    Boomer, Nov 22, 2003
  5. Josh

    Beans Guest

    I echo your sentiments Josh. This group has been of great value to me too.
    Thanks to all you contributors.!!!

    Beans, Nov 23, 2003
  6. Beans wrote:
    > I echo your sentiments Josh. This group has been of great value to me too.
    > Thanks to all you contributors.!!!

    Please reinsert you credit card into the slot on the front of your
    computer. I didn't quiet get the last few digits. When prompted, please
    enter all your PIN numbers, passwords, test questions and underware sizes.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 23, 2003
  7. Josh

    Boomer Guest

    "Beans" <> wrote in

    Hi

    Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?
    (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Further info:

    Thank You Very Much

    > I echo your sentiments Josh. This group has been of great value to
    > me too. Thanks to all you contributors.!!!

    --

    24 hours in a day... 24 beers in a case... 24H... coincidence?

    Boomer, Nov 23, 2003
  8. Josh

    SgtSilicon Guest

    News isn't "the web" but anyway... do tell if you found a free news
    provider that allows access from outside of it's domain. My ISP
    provides most groups I want but my last ISP had a couple my new ISP
    doesn't cary for me. Perhaps an open news server is just what I need.

    Jon

    wrote:

    >I've carried two ISPs for more than 3 years primarily because I thought if I
    >got rid of the one, I'd not be able to find my way back here. You guys have
    >taught me a ton about my computer and software etc. Clearly this is the best
    >news group on the entired damn web. So this week I whacked AT&T Global and
    >found a news service that carried this news group and saved myself about
    >19.00 a month to boot. I'm grateful for all the help you guys have been to
    >me. I even like the smart ass replys. (especially when they're not for me).
    >Thanks again and I'm soooooooooooooo glad to be back.
    >
    >I know this sounds way too nerdy, but another step for me in understanding
    >how all this works. I'm an ole bear,, but learning still.

    ** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and
    including the underscore in my email reply header.

    SgtSilicon, Nov 23, 2003
  9. Josh

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Rôgêr mused:

    | Please reinsert you credit card into the slot on the front of your
    | computer. I didn't quiet get the last few digits. When prompted, please
    | enter all your PIN numbers, passwords, test questions and underware sizes.

    The rest make sense ... but what do you intend to do with the test
    questions? ;-)

    mhicaoidh, Nov 24, 2003
  10. Josh

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Re: I did it

    mhicaoidh wrote:

    > Taking a moment's reflection, Rôgêr mused:
    > |
    > | Please reinsert you credit card into the slot on the front of your
    > | computer. I didn't quiet get the last few digits. When prompted, please
    > | enter all your PIN numbers, passwords, test questions and underware sizes.
    >
    > The rest make sense ... but what do you intend to do with the test
    > questions? ;-)

    It's comforting to know you went about all this quietly :)

    Rick Merrill, Nov 24, 2003